Truth!

Allen let 30 passes fly.  

16 of 'em went in Diggs' direction. 

Diggs is great, but honestly, ...  

I have one question for Dorsey ... 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

His pick was overconfidence in his arm, but no TDs til the 4th quarter I wouldn't call OK. Something is goin on in Josh's head and has been for the last 2 weeks

The further he gets away from his jets embarrassment debacle the more he reverts back to dumb Josh. He doesn’t trust anyone, except Diggs and the way Knox dropped that pass. I can see why. But this offense is a mess again just like the end of last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Quite frankly I thought Allen played a great game, and was shocked to see that some people thought he played poorly.

He had Gabe fumble the first drive away and a tipped ball INT. He also had a couple amazing first down throws into extremely tight coverage and the TD to Morris was bonkers. Inbetween 2 defenders with a rocket.

But Cook probably scores on this play if Josh sees him:

IMG-3843.jpg

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

His pick was overconfidence in his arm, but no TDs til the 4th quarter I wouldn't call OK. Something is goin on in Josh's head and has been for the last 2 weeks

He had 1 incompletion in the second half my goodness 

10 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Love Josh,  but if he has a fatal flaw it's not just taking an open guy when it's there.  So many times he passes a wide open receiver  looking for something else only to find now nothing is open

Fatal? Any other bills qb of the last 25 years loses this game 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Love Josh,  but if he has a fatal flaw it's not just taking an open guy when it's there.  So many times he passes a wide open receiver  looking for something else only to find now nothing is open

So... many... freaking... times. You can see it all over watching on TV in all of our games except maybe the Dolphins game. This offense is not right. I hope they can fix it.

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

So... many... freaking... times. You can see it all over watching on TV in all of our games except maybe the Dolphins game. This offense is not right. I hope they can fix it.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see what's going on when they're breaking down the team they're going to play or even going over what went wrong in the previous game

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

What are we doing with Davis??

We need a slot guy….bad.  

We drafted a TE that was supposed to be a do it all slot slash tight end.  Shakir was also drafted to be a slot WR.  Last year it was Crowder until he got injured.  This year I thought Sherfield or maybe Harty in gadget situations.  I agree we need one but other than Beasley I haven’t seen one that Josh has trusted or used.

• Agree 1

It's extremely frustrating. The major selling point of Cook when we Drafted him was his Receiving ability. Beane emphasized getting RB's who could be a passing threat out of the backfield. Trading for Hines and Drafting him.

Thus far, Dorsey has done f-ck all with screens and getting Cook the ball in space via reception. He utilizes the screen game even less than the average offense.

I wonder what Beane's thoughts are on that since he talked up and went out of his way to get RB's specifically to do something Dorsey isn't utilizing even a little bit.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

27 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Quite frankly I thought Allen played a great game, and was shocked to see that some people thought he played poorly.

He had Gabe fumble the first drive away and a tipped ball INT. He also had a couple amazing first down throws into extremely tight coverage and the TD to Morris was bonkers. Inbetween 2 defenders with a rocket.

But Cook probably scores on this play if Josh sees him:

IMG-3843.jpg

But why would we expect Allen who is running to his left to see Cook who is 10 yards to his right? Can you imagine the body contortion and throw Allen would have to make?  Allen is looking at 2 receivers who are in his line of sight, neither of which are working back to him.  Now draw a straight line from Allen's head to the end zone.  It's not reasonable to think Allen would spot Cook running that pattern.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

But why would we expect Allen who is running to his left to see Cook who is 10 yards to his right? Can you imagine the body contortion and throw Allen would have to make?  Allen is looking at 2 receivers who are in his line of sight, neither of which are working back to him.  Now draw a straight line from Allen's head to the end zone.  It's not reasonable to think Allen would spot Cook running that pattern.

Head on a swivel, field vision. I’ve seen Mahomes do it time after time. He was locked on who he was throwing in that pic so he wasn’t going to see Cook cutting across uncovered.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Josh only looks for Diggs. I’m not going to hate on it because it’s working. But I need him to spread the ball around and give the other guys chances to make plays 

You mean like Knox dropping a ball or Gabe fumbling? I dont think he trusts these bums. That’s why he looks for Diggs 

Edited by AlfaBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Head on a swivel, field vision. I’ve seen Mahomes do it time after time. He was locked on who he was throwing in that pic so he wasn’t going to see Cook cutting across uncovered.

Based on the picture I saw Mahomes doesn't make that throw time after time.  He was running hard to his left and his receivers were not helping out by coming back to the ball.  Mahomes would have chucked that ball into the cheap seats.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Maybe hes been reading your posts and is as lost as the rest of us?

Ok, multiple people disagree with me including yourself. Tell me something, is everyone chalking up Josh's first half dismal performance up to Dorsey's playcalling? Keep in mind, he wasn't good in the first half against the Jags either. And tonight, he was the same against a worse team in the Giants. Dorsey may have some of the blame, but I'm not gonna pretend it's all Dorsey. All I know is since the Dolphins blowout, he hasn't been as lights out

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

Ok, multiple people disagree with me including yourself. Tell me something, is everyone chalking up Josh's first half dismal performance up to Dorsey's playcalling? Keep in mind, he wasn't good in the first half against the Jags either. And tonight, he was the same against a worse team in the Giants. Dorsey may have some of the blame, but I'm not gonna pretend it's all Dorsey. All I know is since the Dolphins blowout, he hasn't been as lights out

Josh can do no wrong. It’s all Dorsey. 

(though Dorsey does have his frustrating faults and I wouldn’t mind if the playcalling was handed over to Joe Brady)

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

No, but it didnt need to be that bad. If there was a bad break to be had - we had it. Part of the issue was I didnt even understand what it is you were saying, but its just so easy to blame the QB or OC. There may be problems here, but we dont win a qtr of the games we do without josh - who is only to blame for making so many people jaded.

51 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Josh has been neutered to a small degree. He was disgusted in the way he played v the Jets and has decided to slide all the way over to the other side of the scale.  He's gotta find tempo and a happy medium.  He's gotta still run occassionally but slide. He's gotta be willing to challenge Dorsey and check completely out of plays.  McDermott must put Ken on a short leash.

Just now, gobills1212 said:

No, but it didnt need to be that bad. If there was a bad break to be had - we had it. Part of the issue was I didnt even understand what it is you were saying, but its just so easy to blame the QB or OC. There may be problems here, but we dont win a qtr of the games we do without josh - who is only to blame for making so many people jaded.

Against better teams, we won't win any games against stronger opposition if we start off that slow again. No part of what we've done the last 2 weeks offensively is sustainable for success

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Josh absolutely rescued this game…the pick was the giants baiting him into a slant because they knew his tendencies very well.

some of those throws in the second half were pretty much impossible and he was hitting them with regularity 

9 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

That timeline lines up pretty well with when his offensive line turned into absolute Swiss cheese. 

48 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He had 1 incompletion in the second half my goodness 

Fatal? Any other bills qb of the last 25 years loses this game 

ANY other Bills QB loses this game.  Put Kelly into this offense and it doesn't work.  Kelly had Thurman, Andre, James, Don, Keith, Kenneth, Pete.  Josh has Diggs and a lot of other guys who are pretty good but no match for the early 90s Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh has been neutered to a small degree. He was disgusted in the way he played v the Jets and has decided to slide all the way over to the other side of the scale.  He's gotta find tempo and a happy medium.  He's gotta still run occassionally but slide. He's gotta be willing to challenge Dorsey and check completely out of plays.  McDermott must put Ken on a short leash.

I would have went with stranglehold or busted eardrum through his headset.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.