Giants @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

31 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

On the positive we have two potential future stars on d with Benford and Williams they just fly to the ball 

Yes! Both are awesome and for McD to trust Williams as a rookie is a great sign

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Hopefully it's a wake-up call.

Idk i was hoping after the bengals playoff game it was, then i was hoping the jets game was, then the jags game last week, and now this game. Feels pretty consistent lately. I get we don’t have a huge amount of talent on offense but these guys are not put in situations to succeed. The draw plays on 2nd and 10 need to stop. Our playbook seems to be very small and predictable 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Best Williams Available said:

With Daniel Jones we probably win 31-9 but Tyrod doesn’t make mistakes but also won’t beat you either. The Giants D played incredible for 3 qtrs but was gassed in the end. Better to be lucky than good today.

That 10min drive from the Bills did a lot to gas them.  

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, gtw3 said:

My thoughts:

Defense is continuing to play phenomenally despite being down 3 all-pros.  The pass rush disappeared towards the middle of the game but it was felt late. 

I see the phrase “shotgun drunk” used occasionally here and I couldn’t help but think about that throughout the first half.  We just seem so much more functional under center.   Take those shotgun draws and shoot them to the moon.

Taylor reminded me of what it is like having him as your teams QB.  A lot of field goals and not really willing to make a tough throw.  Josh’s TD to Morris is the example that Taylor would never even consider attempting.  Through the highs and lows, I’ll take the risk taker.

We definitely got a few calls in this game.  So this is what it is like to be on the other side of that coin.

Bass…  I still love you but you get paid to do one thing… Do it.

Thoughts go out to Harris and his friends and family.  I hope everything ends up being ok.

Go Bills

Didn’t run a single draw all game.

5 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Wow that was something else. 1 yard away from having my worse regular season football week in my life. The drought years never expected anything. But started last week in London which I’m still salty about the huge advantage (admitted by jags players and goodell) of team having an entire week in London vs another just traveling over Nice experiment!! Lose that game, lose our 2 best defenders for season (after losing white), this week NFC goes 0-5 against AFC. Bills losing to tyrod on final play of game would have capped it off. I’ll take the W but I’m definitely concerned 

6-9 against urban Mayer jags was a lot worse imo.  I think Daniel jones is a lot of the giants problem and they got saquon back.  They finally had enough offense to keep their defense off the field some and they weren’t defending short fields all night.  It’s def bad though lol don’t get me wrong.  Dexter Lawrence is an absolute beast and okereke was everywhere…their front 7 worked us 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

WTF wad Miller doing on the field with the game on the line. He is completely useless at this point. 

Yep. I get it that they need to get him out there and work the rust off, fine. But unless as some are speculating AJE was hurt then he should have been out there ahead of Von. 

Von is nowhere himself right now.

• Agree 1

I’m sure it’s been mentioned upstream but over the last 3 years this team has shown real issues getting wins when the game gets ugly and turns into a slog for both teams. I guess I’m happy they let their nuts hang for once and came out of an ugly one with the W. 

….. but ya. That sucked. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

On the positive we have two potential future stars on d with Benford and Williams they just fly to the ball 

Some guys just respond to pressure.  A lot dom't (cough* Elam), but I'm fairly impressed at this point with Benford for sure.  Williams still need seasoning...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I get it that they need to get him out there and work the rust off, fine. But unless as some are speculating AJE was hurt then he should have been out there ahead of Von. 

Von is nowhere himself right now.

Hopeful he will be again. Last two weeks we are better with aje than Von. Von is just running upfield 5 yards. Having no impact on the game at all. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Hopeful he will be again. Last two weeks we are better with aje than Von. Von is just running upfield 5 yards. Having no impact on the game at all. 

He looked a lot like Aaron Maybin out there tonight. And that is not good. 

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

A few thoughts:

- If you told me before the game that Tyrod would only lead FG drives I would have believed you

- Oline was trash

- Most of our best plays were Allen improvising and not the drawn up play.

I'm confused by what the collective brain-lock on offense is recently. ???

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.