Giants @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

Dorsey is inept to adapting or changing his game plan.....its insane. One thing the Pats always did well with brady was halftime adjustments, exploit what they are giving you until they try to change and then just burn the clock keeping the others teams O off the field.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Win is a win. 

half time adjustments seemed to break it open a bit. 

don’t feel good about the sexiness of the win just got 4-2. 

trade for another War already 

also for those that say Kincaid hasn’t made a difference to this offense yet. See game 1 without him. 

Bruh, weren't you arguing HARD against trading for a WR like a week ago lmao

My thoughts:

Defense is continuing to play phenomenally despite being down 3 all-pros.  The pass rush disappeared towards the middle of the game but it was felt late. 

I see the phrase “shotgun drunk” used occasionally here and I couldn’t help but think about that throughout the first half.  We just seem so much more functional under center.   Take those shotgun draws and shoot them to the moon.

Taylor reminded me of what it is like having him as your teams QB.  A lot of field goals and not really willing to make a tough throw.  Josh’s TD to Morris is the example that Taylor would never even consider attempting.  Through the highs and lows, I’ll take the risk taker.

We definitely got a few calls in this game.  So this is what it is like to be on the other side of that coin.

Bass…  I still love you but you get paid to do one thing… Do it.

Thoughts go out to Harris and his friends and family.  I hope everything ends up being ok.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

This iteration of the Bills offense is made to play from under center and pound the ball. 

They don't have the receivers to play spread shotgun and throw it all over the field. 

But they are stout inside. They need to run the ball and let their rb's get a head of steam. 

This game also got me to my decision. 

GO GET JEUDY. Allen needs someone else besides just Diggs. 

Bassomatic had a fish hook stuck in his toe tonight.

Blue over white uniform at home always. Stop getting cute with the monochrome crap.

I am constantly digging at the Bills and McD for being so poor in one score games. And we need to win some one score games to get where we want to go. So i’ll take the W, when things looked bleak and happy they won a game like this.

Just now, FireChans said:

Bruh, weren't you arguing HARD against trading for a WR like a week ago lmao

Nope I said it was not needed at the time. And let me get through the month and closer to the deadline. And then will make my decision. 

I am there this team needs to go all in to get a legit weapon outside of Diggs 

6 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Ken Dorsey is God-awful. I don’t know how we can expect him to improve at this point. His unit let us down last year in the playoffs, not to mention the whole second half of the regular season. 

this year is pretty much the same outside of the dolphins and raiders games. Commanders game our offense did pretty much nothing until AJE got the pick six. 

his in game adjustments are poor. And against high powered offenses we can’t expect to be given 4-5 mulligans before our offense figures it out. Dude sucks 

He was actually able to adjust at least. Something mcd has never done 

The whole game was a mess...

Folks can say what they will about the end, but the Bills were terrible in so many ways tonight... That's the only reason this was close in the end... Dropped passes, turnovers, 2 Bass misses from 52 and 53...Distances he's usually pretty good from. That last third down where all Josh has to do it get that ball up a little and the game is over. The Giants didn't make a play there. Josh threw it low and Knox still probably should have had it. Oliver bounces off Tyrod on that scramble... So many things had to go right for the Giants for them to be in that situation at the end, I really don't care much about those last couple plays. This was another example of the Bills continuously shooting themselves in the foot... Over and over and over again...and the other team making a couple plays. 

The Bills have problems... And their problems are the Bills. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

One of the only positives is that Buffalo may have gotten a win out of what will hopefully be their worst game of the year.  Also a decent turnaround by Allen after an awful first half.    Kelly, Elway and Favre also had a lot of clunkers where they got it together at the end.  

Terrible overall game to watch, not just because of the Bills performance, but the officials were flag happy and had no control of the game.   There were stoppages every two or three plays.  Never thought that I would see the day where a baseball game would be a quicker pace than a football game.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Win is a win. 

half time adjustments seemed to break it open a bit. 

don’t feel good about the sexiness of the win just got 4-2. 

trade for another War already 

also for those that say Kincaid hasn’t made a difference to this offense yet. See game 1 without him. 

Kincaid makes that catch on the under thrown ball that would have sealed the win.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So, the Bills offense looked awful , but...

Throughout the 1st half, the defensive line was pretty dominant pressuring Taylor including 2 sacks. During the last drive they couldn't get a whiff of him..and thats all your starters against a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers that should be restocking groceries somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Awful stuff, no other way to describe it. Thank god we’ve got a 4-2 cushion to think about it, 3-3 with this mess would feel nearly insurmountable 

Gabe Davis is a problem. I won’t repeat what others have been saying for weeks now but your #2 cannot just disappear like that. I don’t care about how his bulk stats stack up, the inconsistency is a problem. Give me a boring but nearly guaranteed 6 catches for 54 yards Jarvis Landry style, Josh has no reliable outlet right now 

Dorsey has him chipping like a TE close to the line. He took our most consistent deep threat and played him as a TE because he is an awful OC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.