NY Giants @ Buffalo Bills - SNF 1st half game thread

Simon

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Whats he gonna do?  Dorsey is crap. Davis either drops or fumbles the football. Diggs has at least one drop. Two trips on our receivers not called. Knox drops a ball. Another pass to Knox gets tipped right to the defender.  Is what it is.  Dorsey has a crap design and doesn't have these guys prepared.  Our skill players are ass.

Scott news alert. The Bills offensive roster is not very good. No explosiveness whatsoever. 

The offense has become a dink and dunks offense with a schizophrenic running game. Allen is completely taken out of the run game. 

It's not difficult to scheme for the Bills offense. Cosell said that a couple of weeks ago. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, beebe said:

the bills entered tonight as a top 3 DVOA offense. 

Stats can be deceiving ... I saw 7 points in 3 quarters last game and zero points in a half against a horrific defense tonight.  I saw 16 points in Week 1.  Sean McDermott is a clown.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Daboll had games like this too.

Not games like this. He had bad games. But it was usually because they were trying to do so much gimmick stuff that they got themselves out of rhythm. This is because they have no plays. They have no identity. No creativity.

They haven't moved the pocket. They haven't used jet motion, they haven't attacked the edges in the run game. They haven't done anything funky formation wise. It looks so vanilla. I know what is coming. So do the Giants.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, finn said:

This. Can you think of anything creative, innovative, or just plain different that Dorsey has done since he became OC? He was given the keys to a Porsche, and he drives like a Ford Pinto. 

Well he came in with a learner's permit, and then he failed to learn anything else

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, boyst said:

We are playing to Taylors strengths on scheme 

They have 6 points. They are on pace to score less than their season average. With our offense gifting them two TOs and short fields. 

Giants are 0-3 in the redzone. If you want to keep the Giants off the field, the offense can’t go 1-5 on third down and have 2 TO’s.

4 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

People keep saying Dorsey, and rightly so to some extent ... but Sean McDermott is the head of this offensively-challenged snake ... the Bills will not ever be the offense they should be with this religious fanatic running the operation.

So you persecute and judge people for their religious beliefs?

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Offense F

Defense B

Special Teams D 

Looked like Bass did a weird stutter step before his miss. Plus not going for it when they should have confidently given him the kick. Better not be any unknown ST weirdness to add to this mess

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Scott news alert. The Bills offensive roster is not very good. No explosiveness whatsoever. 

The offense has become a dink and dunks offense with a schizophrenic running game. Allen is completely taken out of the run game. 

It's not difficult to scheme for the Bills offense. Cosell said that a couple of weeks ago. 

Allen has been taken completely out of the game period. Not just the run game.  Dorsey is ass.  Yes, our skill players suck but we got guys to make it work with Allen if the OC was worth a *****.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, finn said:

This. Can you think of anything creative, innovative, or just plain different that Dorsey has done since he became OC? He was given the keys to a Porsche, and he drives like a Ford Pinto. 

This reminds me of long ago the Univ. of Arizona hired a guy named Ben Lindsey as basketball coach. He came from what was then a NAIA school. His quote was "if you can drive a Chevy you can drive a Cadillac." Well, he drove that Cadillac into the ditch, and Dorsey may be driving the Porsche into a ditch.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

With how much McD preaches about needing to be able to run the ball, he must be fuming watching us run it well but abandon it and be ineffective 

Then would love to see him do something about it. He should’ve been on the phone with that moron in the booth. 

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’ve posted a few things about Allen being a main cause of the issue and get much negative push back.  Be objective:  watching that first half did Josh look good?

They've all looked bad. Dorsey needs to be putting these guys in position to succeed, by calling a good game plan. He's not done that. Plays don't work, over and over again. Confidence takes hits. Effort takes hits. You, me and everyone across America sees it. Dorsey doesn't.

5 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Beane gotta get on the phone and get another WR. These ***** bums everybody hyped up all season have done Jack ***** for 5.5 games now. 

On that last possession when Josh rolled out to the right and threw it away, did you see the routes?  That's the play call my man.  

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

It forces the D to honor the possibility of a run with play action pass. Less predictable for pass rushers

It hasn’t all game long. Backers haven’t stepped up on the play action once all game. This is why you can’t run play action every snap. Teams adjust…

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

He threw two bad balls the entire half and was fine the rest of the time.

His teammates (mostly WRs) and coaches are absolutely murdering the offense with drops, penalties, blown assignments, poor calls and a startling variety of mental mistakes.

He’s locked in on Diggs too much instead of moving the chains. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Get over myself? I'm not the one posting stupid *****!

Neither am I. Lilke I said in my orginal post, I hope the guy is Ok. Am I not alowed to post opinions after that? You think I can't. Posting that we've had a lot of bad injuries is a bad post? Sorry I didn't meet your empathy threshold!

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

It’s both.

Lets be honest, Bills don’t have enough playmakers either.

They got diggs and that’s it.

But ya I definitely agree that Dorsey is a problem 

It’s a trenches game…the bengals/dolphins have as many elite playmakers as you can have and it isn’t worth diddly if your offensive line doesn’t hold up 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Everything looks better from under center. I think it gives the RBs a better chance of and the multi step drop gets Allen in rhythm. I'm not going to pretend to know if there's a specific schematic advantage, but you can't say you don't see that our offense looks better from under center.

Our pass game hasn’t today. Backers aren’t triggering. They’re bouncing. Teams adjust to tendencies this is why we have to be multiple in what we do.