NFL Trade Deadline Oct 31 - Rumored List of Players Available

ngbills

19 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Looks less likely then. He'd make a nice replacement for Poyer next year. I love his versatility.

Well he's a pending free agent  if next year is the objective and will be coming off two bad seasons so probably be a Taylor Rapp type.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well he's a pending free agent  if next year is the objective and will be coming off two bad seasons so probably be a Taylor Rapp type.

Maybe he just needs to come to WNY to be "the best version of himself". :devil: I still really like his skill set and think he's worth a shot with a modest extension. Poyer is almost certainly gone after this season and I don't want to see a day one or early day two investment at safety in the upcoming draft. JMO

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Commanders are calling around about Chase Young and Montaez Sweat 

Is there a reliable source on that? The Commanders are 3-3 and they play the still banged up and not-so-good Giants and if they win that game will likely head into the trade deadline 4-4 or 5-3 if they upset the Eagles. Not sure why they would firesale their best defensive players? Maybe if the Giants pull an upset and they lose to the Eagles they will take calls at 3-5 but that's a long ways away from happening. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Is there a reliable source on that? The Commanders are 3-3 and they play the still banged up and not-so-good Giants and if they win that game will likely head into the trade deadline 4-4 or 5-3 if they upset the Eagles. Not sure why they would firesale their best defensive players? Maybe if the Giants pull an upset and they lose to the Eagles they will take calls at 3-5 but that's a long ways away from happening. 

Yeh Dianna Russini  is the one reporting it 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

It's because of their contract situation - they can only franchise one of them so are almost guaranteed to lose one next year.  They are willing to trade one or the other, but not both.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Young could be very rewarding

ehhh…talent aside (and I’m not so sure he is the stud that he was drafted to be) there’s a lot to sort out.

How much would you give up for a UFA to be? If you made a deal worth any value, you’d pretty much be obligated to have to extend/sign him. I don’t see that as a practical or smart move for a team in our cap position and with our current roster

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Washington declined the 5th yr option on Chase Young.  He's been injured a fair amount.  A free agent after the season.  Montez Sweat is a bit of a surprise but Jonathan Allen has been their most consistent DL guy.

Chase Young was the only reason I previously ranked AJ number two DE from his draft class. AJ might actually be number one. What an absolute steal by Beane. He hopped over 5-6 graveyard DEs to snag AJ where he did.

Montez Sweat can play. If they're both available, which I sincerely doubt, then he'd be my choice.

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

Chase Young was the only reason I previously ranked AJ number two DE from his draft class. AJ might actually be number one. What an absolute steal by Beane. He hopped over 5-6 graveyard DEs to snag AJ where he did.

Montez Sweat can play. If they're both available, which I sincerely doubt, then he'd be my choice.

It was not a good edge class though in fairness. That was known at the time. I was never a big K'Lvon Chaisson guy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Hopefully it pays off with a Lombardi because I doubt we can afford him next year. Then throw in they gotta plan for the Rousseau situation the following year 😬

thankfully they don't have to take care paying for Basham 🙂. Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would be interested in Geoff Swaim if he could be had for a conditional 6th pick or something.  One of those swaim and a 7 for buffalos 6.  He has a lot of experience and can hold up on the line of scrimmage.

after that it just feels like they have to go get something for the middle of the defense.  Whether it is a linebacker or a tackle.  They can not continue like the last two weeks or they are going to struggle to be a .500 team.

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If we are making a move Beane should want to get it done maybe after the game to take advantage of the mini bye in getting anyone up to speed as quickly as possible.

Yea, it sucks they have to play on thursday but at the same time given the situation this year it is perfect.  They get a few extra days to evaluate things and extra time to get a player into the facility, settled in the city and work him into practice.

Honestly a defensive tackle and/or a running back should be plug and play essentially but the other positions take time so at least getting a few extra days is a big help here.

having said that I expect them to do nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Yea, it sucks they have to play on thursday but at the same time given the situation this year it is perfect.  They get a few extra days to evaluate things and extra time to get a player into the facility, settled in the city and work him into practice.

Honestly a defensive tackle and/or a running back should be plug and play essentially but the other positions take time so at least getting a few extra days is a big help here.

Beane is only going to be a buyer at the right price. But if we want a serious sb run, We need a DT to replace Jones, a LB to replace Milano, #2 WR, a CB, and get Henry for the fun of it!  Maybe one of those things happens. DT is the biggest issue in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

If they want any shot at a playoff run, then he has to get a DT. That is a top priority even more so than a #2 WR.

Edited by Gregg
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If we are making a move Beane should want to get it done maybe after the game to take advantage of the mini bye in getting anyone up to speed as quickly as possible.

I was thinking before the game so they can experience the Bills Mafia and how important winning football is to this fan base

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I was thinking before the game so they can experience the Bills Mafia and how important winning football is to this fan base

I wasn't sure about that, since it could involve players that maybe play and just be an added element of chaos on a short week, while they're already trying to right the ship.

17 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I meant we might trade away players in the trade that play.

I think we might see the Bills move a depth player(s) in trade......like with Moss.......to make both roster and cap space if they manage to swing some deals.    There aren't many options that make over $1M though because Beane has put dummy years on a lot of deals.   Sherfield and Rapp are some of the only vet options where it's mostly salary-in and salary-out.   Otherwise rookie contract guys would have to go.

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

One problem is...even if we do acquire a reasonably good offensive player....

this staff has got to be the slowest at "on-boarding" & "trusting" players before they are even given opportunities to make a difference. 

Even players like Dean Marlowe who played with the Bills the previous season

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.