Would you trade AJ Epenesa?

Buffalo_Stampede

Once Von is full go we’ll have Rousseau, Miller, Floyd, Lawson, and Jonathan. Jonathan has shown promise.

Epenesa’s value won’t be any higher. He’s playing good football. The other option is extending him to pair with Rousseau in the future.

With the injuries Epenesa could bring back a solid player to help at CB or LB.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 8

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Because we're never a team that needs depth since we stay healthy all the time.......sure, why not?

We have depth. Jonathan looks good. We have 5 quality edge players not including Epenesa.

If Denver wanted Epenesa and a pick for Surtain you wouldn’t do it?

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 3

The only way they trade AJE is if they already decided he isn't a long term plans kind of player.

And I doubt they have made that decision after he is having a breakout through these injury opportunities.  Him and Groot could anchor our Edge rush a long time if he keeps playing at this level and shows its not just some little short lived hot streak.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

No. get Elam off the roster for a box of tape and a 5th next year for all I care.  We are going to need him next year when we have to clear a ton of cap space/ have cuts.  He and Groot need to be the starting DE's going forward.  I don't even know if Von can come back at this point, but with his contract, we might have to keep him. With Von's age and injury history, he will be a situational pass rusher, not an every-down DE so AJ has to stay

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly I just had the same thought.   Depends on the return and the purpose.  If it’s to accumulate meaningful draft capital to buy a corner or a WR, and if Floyd, Miller, Rousseau, and Jonathan are all healthy … count me in. Sell a strength to address what could be a significant weakness.  

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Why? Why post this?

Because it’s smart. 

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The only way they trade AJE is if they already decided he isn't a long term plans kind of player.

And I doubt they have made that decision after he is having a breakout through these injury opportunities.  Him and Groot could anchor our Edge rush a long time if he keeps playing at this level and shows its not just some little short lived hot streak.  

Do they have the money for him next year? Or is that Rosseau bucks?  If it’s going to Groot, trying to flip him for CB/WR/stud off ball LB is not a crazy idea. 

No, because I don’t think the return would yield more than his production. The league buys low and I don’t see any GM giving up more than a 4th rounder or some other rotational/part time player. That’s not going to help the Bills.

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

No, because I don’t think the return would yield more than his production. The league buys low and I don’t see any GM giving up more than a 4th rounder or some other rotational/part time player. That’s not going to help the Bills.

Not true - A fourth rounder will help them move up two spots in the draft next year… 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Player for player trade. Probably a player at the end of a deal like AJ.

AJ playing edge would make him a very valuable trade piece. Teams would be very interested.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just depends on the deal.

If someone wants to give you Bradley Chubb trade value...........absolutely.

If Ryan Poles wants to trade you his 2024 second rounder for him?   Yes.

A potential late 2nd rounder to a contender?   Would have to be upgrading elsewhere at the same time.

3rd rounder of any kind?   Forget it.   If Epenesa has a big year they could end up getting a late 3rd round comp pick for him in 2025 so juicing early not worth the squeeze.

Before the season I was envisioning Gabe Davis and Epenesa being swapped at the deadline with the Bills upgrading at WR but I think there is going to be a lot of good players available at the deadline which will lower their trade value.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.