Dorien Williams, your mission should you choose to accept it?

John from Riverside

Don't know if I have a good read on how he played today, from people's reactions and just watching the game and not looking for him. Seemed like he made some plays made some mistakes, so kind of hit and miss, which wouldn't be terrible for a rookie kind of thrown into his first game.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Dorian is flying out there. He has great instincts and explodes. Perhaps a bit too fast on a RB swing pass today. I’d rather have a guy arrive early than a guy who can’t get there. He is going to be a really good player. Now he must mature rapidly. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Don't know if I have a good read on how he played today, from people's reactions and just watching the game and not looking for him. Seemed like he made some plays made some mistakes, so kind of hit and miss, which wouldn't be terrible for a rookie kind of thrown into his first game.

I thought he did quite well for having to step in under these circumstances.  I hate hate hate losing MIlano, but that being said, I’m actually excited to see what Dorian can do given the circumstances 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Hits and misses describes it well. I like the kid and think he can develop over time. The worry I have going forward is if Williams and Bernard are the LB group going forward....that is a LOT of inexperience to overcome from one position group.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Hits and misses describes it well. I like the kid and think he can develop over time. The worry I have going forward is if Williams and Bernard are the LB group going forward....that is a LOT of inexperience to overcome from one position group.

But might be the youth infusion was neglected somewhat due to Milano and younger safety in Hyde poyer both have lost a step and it's showing with the injuries.  Daquan being out early likely lead to Milano injury if part of the bent leg occurred as a failure to keep our lbers clean to make plays.  Might have edge being younger to play through the bumps and bruises.

Edited by AuntieEm

I think he will be great.  In the grand scheme of things we added Miller and lost Milano for Williams.  If you had to make that trade you likely would.  I don’t expect the front to regress from this.  (and yes, of course I’s rather have Milano and Miller!). 

The secondary is somewhat more concerning, IMO.  But that is a different thread.  Williams should be fine.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You must be referring to Dodson #25

I know who I’m referring to…..there’s a reason why they pulled him outta the game after awhile. That 3rd and long where he missed a tackle and Bernard had to clean it up…..not sure I seen much of Williams after that.

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

I know who I’m referring to…..there’s a reason why they pulled him outta the game after awhile. That 3rd and long where he missed a tackle and Bernard had to clean it up…..not sure I seen much of Williams after that.

How about the long run Etienne bounced to the outside because Dodson got caught hitting the wrong lane?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Westside said:

He was drafted to replace edmunds but was moved over to back up Milano. So yes, I am correct.

No, he was and OLB drafted to be an OLB behind MIlano, they literally said this on draft night.  They said he had potential at MLB as well but he wouldn’t be competing there this year.  They literally said this before he ever stepped on a practice field.

So no, your assumption is wrong.  Many of us hoped he could be an option there when we didn’t know who would be MLB, but the front office and McD were not one of them as they said from the get go he wouldn’t be competing at MLB here this year.  They didn’t want him trying to learn two positions.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

No pressure on the 3rd round rook out of that powerhouse Tulane right ?  …

Good luck Dorien .. hoping for the best ! 

To replace a 5th-round pick out of an equally mediocre football program at Boston College.

Edited by CSBill
  • Haha (+1) 2

I watched the game everyone said he balled out in vs USC. He immediately got juked by Caleb Williams and whiffed on a tackle. I turned the game off.

Yesterday I saw the same thing. I don’t know what the Bills were thinking with this draft pick. He plays faster than his mind thinks. Hopefully he can learn to control it.

I’ll compare him to another Bills LB. Nigel Bradham. Also flew around playing faster than his mind could handle. He learned to control it and become a solid NFL linebacker.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

How about the long run Etienne bounced to the outside because Dodson got caught hitting the wrong lane?

I’m not sure what you’re trying to fight me on? I never said I wanted Dodson over Williams…..just pointing out what I saw from Williams with my eyes. Why do people on these boards wanna fight and create a debate all the time?!?!

Interesting how there was some gnashing in the off/preseason when the coaching staff revealed he would be slotted for OLB only, when many penciled him in as MLB replacement - and now here he is going to fill in at exactly the position they had him working at

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah. Dodson replaced Williams. There was a couple times I saw both Dodson and Williams.

I believe you're correct.  Dodson was paired with with Bernard most of the second half.  But they seemed to be in 4-3 more often than usual, with Williams in and Taron Johnson on the sideline.  

I wasn't disappointed in either.  Generally seemed to know what they were doing, and the sorry and quickness was impressive.  Give them a few weeks on the field and they'll be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I believe you're correct.  Dodson was paired with with Bernard most of the second half.  But they seemed to be in 4-3 more often than usual, with Williams in and Taron Johnson on the sideline.  

I wasn't disappointed in either.  Generally seemed to know what they were doing, and the sorry and quickness was impressive.  Give them a few weeks on the field and they'll be fine. 

Was that after Johnson was injured?

Dodson just doesn’t look the part for me. Williams flies around. I would rather have him out on the field over Dodson. Let’s see if the game will slow down for him.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I saw A LOT of Dodson out there. Was it in place of Dorian? Or were the Bills running a 4-3?

he was benched for a little bit. then put in situationally.

11 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

He looked bad out there from what I saw, but I think a lot of that was due to him being thrown into the fire unexpectedly during a game in London. With a full week of practice I think expect him to look alot better Sunday night.

he didn't look bad. he just didn't look good. a 3rd round draft pick out of a lesser tier program isn't going to contribute immediately.

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

he has the opportunity on his plate and the hits and misses were key. the PBU he had was him still lost. he didn't look in control of where he was or knowing where to be - clearly playing on instincts with a game too fast for him.

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

To replace a 5th-round pick out of an equally mediocre football program at Boston College.

many here saw something in Milano that we knew he would pan out. i wish i could credit the others all-in on him besides myself.

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

To adequately replace what is probably the most love bills player besides Josh Allen on this team

He' definitely has the chance to show what he's got & if he is that athletic of a player now is the time to step it up for sure !! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.