Feeling dejected...

Ethan in Cleveland

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If the Niners lose Fred Warner, do you take them out of the running?

Beane isn’t going to trade away a bunch of picks to address all these injuries, but at least these injuries happened before the trade deadline. 

Frankly, I doubt there are many significant deals to be made at this point. 

I'd like to hear some plausible ones. 

2 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Oh, you didn’t know? If you feel differently than @T&C than your not a real fan. I mean, he is the authority on being a fan. He was probably screaming “Super Bowl here we come” when Orton was QB.

Kindly burn all your Bills gear….Thank you. 

Are you okay? Stop embarrassing yourself.

Allow me to inject some positivity. The season is not over even if Milano and Jones are out for the year (which is likely the case although not confirmed from my knowledge).

The Bills have Poona Ford to backfil the loss of Jones. It will be a step down but the Bills unlike last season have a run defending DT on the roster.

Dorian Williams can play for Milano and while there may be some growing pains he is a decent option and if he doesn’t play well they have the trade deadline where I am sure a decent LB can be had.

As far as Tre they have Elam who I think is getting ***** on excessively for this game. Elam has never played in London and was asked to start against a good WR coming off 4 inactives was not going to end well. Elam will get better as he gets more experience and gets coached up by the best secondary coach in the league.

The rest of the injuries don’t appear to be major. Groot and Benford will return and Von’s snap count will increase as well. There also is the trade deadline where the Bills can possibly add a piece if needed.

The Bills sit at 3-2 after a tough five game stretch. They can survive the serious injuries and get right they have a nice stretch of games coming up where they can “get fat” and keep themselves in a good spot for the division 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Frankly, I doubt there are many significant deals to be made at this point. 

I'd like to hear some plausible ones. 

Significant deals are made almost every year before the deadline.  

I don’t even think we need to get crazy and trade away multiple picks for a guy like Surtain, but if needed, we can likely find a CB, LB or DT to bring in.   Just depends what level of player and what Beane is willing to part with…. Day 1 pick blockbuster, Day 2 pick for a good player or Day 3 pick for a decent player rental. 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Are you okay? Stop embarrassing yourself.

To who? People I’ve never met and never will?  Ok. Top advice. Anyway. 

Original poster has valid concerns is all I’ll say. The few of us who have our doubts…had doubts last year and the year before and got hated on and still get hated on with personal attacks. 

Guess I’ll settle for just being right year over year. 

19 minutes ago, Success said:

Let's see how it goes.  We were also missing Groot & Benford today.  When Benford gets back, we don't need to utilize Elam as much, and we're still a solid CB unit.

Milano is a huge loss, if it's the worst.  We still don't know.  I'd bet Beane would be looking at a trade if that's the case.

When there’s an All-Pro on the market, let us know lmao

1 hour ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

He forgot that you can only post overly optimistic opinions while wearing rose colored glasses with a gigantic jug of Dorsey kool-aide at the ready. 

Can you bring us back down to earth and let us all know how the Bills win the SB this year?  

Anxiously waiting your non-answear filled with snarky comebacks and little substance.  🙄 

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize losing your 2nd game in week five eliminates you from the playoffs. 

48 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Significant deals are made almost every year before the deadline.  

I don’t even think we need to get crazy and trade away multiple picks for a guy like Surtain, but if needed, we can likely find a CB, LB or DT to bring in.   Just depends what level of player and what Beane is willing to part with…. Day 1 pick blockbuster, Day 2 pick for a good player or Day 3 pick for a decent player rental. 

Was hoping for more specifics. 

It's a bummer for sure but try not to let it ruin your whole day ya know?

I know we Bills fans are passionate and we want our team to mollywhop everyone but that's not always how it goes. 

It can be easy to forget how good we've had it since 2019 when you look back at some of the more dismal eras in Bills history. It's hard for me to complain about the team given how awesome they've been. Sucks to lose in the playoffs but, I dunno, people who have specific expectations for the team that go unmet and reacting to that by wanting to dismantle the team in all sorts of areas. Something about that feels entitled to me, I guess. 

I used to get pretty wrapped up in it. But sy a certain point the emotions shift. I still get into the games and feel the nerves and anxiety. But when a bummer game happens, I'm not longer pissed off for the rest of the day. I used to get loud and animated. None of that anymore. I dunno if it's like a big picture type of perspective but yeah, just taking it easy and accepting whatever happens makes the losses less poopy. 

Also one time I got so pissed I punched a hole in my brand new guitar case and 15 years later I still feel like an a-hole about it haha. It's nice to be able to relax and still enjoy the team.

Edited by blacklabel

Denver and New England are disgraceful and the Giants lack any punch even if Saquan returns (although it would be nice to play them without him like Miami did). We also have a revenge game vs NYJ.  We play all those teams.  

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

It’s been a lot.  

Losing Tre two years ago.  

Von last year, Hyde in Week 2, plus the Allen UCL injury. 

This year, by Week 5, down Tre and Milano.. awaiting news on Jones. 

Every team goes through it, except KC.  

Ravens have been snakebit with season ending injuries.  Steelers lost Watt a few years ago.  Dolphins with Tua last year.  Bengals lost their top CB early, then dealt with a decimated OL in the playoffs.  

KC lost both starting OTs in the playoffs a few years ago. It cost them the SuperBowl and gave Brady another ring. But otherwise they have seemingly been lucky 

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Really in the dumps right now. I can handle the losses but the catastrophic injuries these past two years really have me down.

Seriously questioning why I still watch and care. Seeing grown men crying and literally dying on the field knowing their season and maybe their careers are over. All so some broadcast network can charge more for a commercial of something I would never purchase. 

The 90's teams had injuries but our core guys never missed huge chunks of time. I have no idea if injuries are more frequent now or more catastrophic. I know surgery and recovery is better than ever. Yet it still feels so hopeless. All the emotional investment we as a community invest only for it to be sprained, torn, or broken in seconds. 

Losing Milano is a gut shot I'm not sure I can get over. 

Dude, you were a lot more rational and measured with your responses when you lived in Portland. It's a long season. Enjoy the story.

I'm still feeling pissed off. This whole experiment of letting the Jags have two weeks is complete bull####. The injuries are heartbreaking and we have a lot to overcome again. The officiating was a complete joke and we played tired and flat. Now we are looking up in the standings again with 3-4 defensive starters out.   THIS JUST SUCKS! 

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Really in the dumps right now. I can handle the losses but the catastrophic injuries these past two years really have me down.

Seriously questioning why I still watch and care. Seeing grown men crying and literally dying on the field knowing their season and maybe their careers are over. All so some broadcast network can charge more for a commercial of something I would never purchase. 

The 90's teams had injuries but our core guys never missed huge chunks of time. I have no idea if injuries are more frequent now or more catastrophic. I know surgery and recovery is better than ever. Yet it still feels so hopeless. All the emotional investment we as a community invest only for it to be sprained, torn, or broken in seconds. 

You know what concerns me?

The players are going to feel like this to.  

These guys are not stupid.  They know what you need to win.  And when their team is decimated.  And that it won’t be good enough to win.  

Wth do we think all the Diggs stuff was about?  Imagine how he feels tonight.

The 2 most important players on D are done for the year.  Jones (likely done) is in that top 5 most important D guys to.  And we weren’t even very good vs the run with Jones in there.  We’re going to be like a sieve.    

The good news - we are really lucky the next 3 games are what they are.  We SHOULD be 6-2 in 3 weeks.  

That should give or reinforce in them belief - because I’m telling you the worst absolute worst thing for a NFL football team like us is they don’t believe they can win the whole thing.   

A trade of significance is going to have to be made by the end of the month.  You can’t waste this season.  

I think you need to get another WR possibly a reliable slot guy.  And then an LB.  We can’t rely on  essentially 2 rookies now.  

This is really a devastating day.  I’m with the OP on this.  I’m not giving up on the season it’s too early.  But I’m lowering all expectations

Get in the playoffs.  

Allen will have to be Superman. 

Edited by Big Blitz

Just look around the AFC.  Even w/ the injuries - which team is measurably better than the Bills? 

Miami is one of 2 teams that have just 1 loss - and we took them to school last week.

The Chiefs could end up w/ the 1 seed, but only because they play in the AFCW, and their schedule is a bit easier. Objectively - is anyone afraid of that team?  Not that they'll be "easy," but it's the weakest team of the Mahomes era.

And we're simply better than all the rest. I mean, maybe the Ravens are close?  But they'd need a good day to beat us, imo.

Very likely, it's us & the Chiefs in the end.  And we could be playing there, again.  But I like the odds if we can maintain some semblance of health from here on out.

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I just want one so I can semi detach from all this 

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

It’s a game. That’s all. 

Wrong. It’s a way of life. It may sound so frivolous in the grand scheme of things but when White and Milano got carted off, I felt like someone had died. I think it was part of me dying inside, knowing that losing these players decreases our chance at the Lombardi. Football is family. I want my 63 year old father to witness a Super Bowl in his life because he was the one that made me a bills fan and brought me to games.  

2 hours ago, BillzFreak said:

Come on guys we've been through worse with the Bills. The sun will shine again I promise 😉

Maybe that's why we're dejected...more of the same.  I could see if KC imploded their fans could lift each other up and say hey remember last year's SB win?  What do us Bills fans have?  Remember that awesome Pats wild card win?  Or the 4 straight SB (losses).

It adds up and takes the joy out of watching.

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Maybe that's why we're dejected...more of the same.  I could see if KC imploded their fans could lift each other up and say hey remember last year's SB win?  What do us Bills fans have?  Remember that awesome Pats wild card win?  Or the 4 straight SB (losses).

It adds up and takes the joy out of watching.

But that's what we have in common as Bills fans, all the misery has bonded us as a fan base, for good and for all the bad. We pick ourselves up and cheer on our team. We are anything but Fairweather as Bills fans. A superbowl would be amazing for this fan base, honestly I think it would mean more to us fans then any team who has won a superbowl, and I'm never going to stop hoping for that moment. Call me crazy but that's how I am. I get frustrated and angry but my love for the Bills will be the same every game and every season...good or bad lol.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Wrong. It’s a way of life. It may sound so frivolous in the grand scheme of things but when White and Milano got carted off, I felt like someone had died. I think it was part of me dying inside, knowing that losing these players decreases our chance at the Lombardi. Football is family. I want my 63 year old father to witness a Super Bowl in his life because he was the one that made me a bills fan and brought me to games.  

Even before seeing 63-year-old father’ I figured you for someone too young to have clearer perspective.  
    If the Bills losing games or not winning a Super Bowl is the epicenter of your existence and puts your mental health at risk, you’ve truly had a privileged life. 
  Someday you’ll experience a life event involving a person or people you love that will truly shake your world and humble you quickly. 
At that stage of maturation you may be able to put NFL entertainment in the proper order or importance in your daily life. 
Yes, it’s just a game. That’s all. Sadly, I believe you’ll have to learn this lesson the hard way. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Next man up... I thought Dorian Williams made some solid plays once he got his feet wet. Hopefully we can get Benford, Groot and Lawson back and get Miller some more playing time and possibly a higher pitch count, there are still plenty of studs on the defense. I'd also be contacting teams about the availability of corners.

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

One thing is for sure, we sure as ***** don’t need 17 games…Unfortunately this is the way football goes sometimes. Keep your head up. We’re not out of this yet.

4 hours ago, blacklabel said:

It's a bummer for sure but try not to let it ruin your whole day ya know?

I know we Bills fans are passionate and we want our team to mollywhop everyone but that's not always how it goes. 

It can be easy to forget how good we've had it since 2019 when you look back at some of the more dismal eras in Bills history. It's hard for me to complain about the team given how awesome they've been. Sucks to lose in the playoffs but, I dunno, people who have specific expectations for the team that go unmet and reacting to that by wanting to dismantle the team in all sorts of areas. Something about that feels entitled to me, I guess. 

I used to get pretty wrapped up in it. But sy a certain point the emotions shift. I still get into the games and feel the nerves and anxiety. But when a bummer game happens, I'm not longer pissed off for the rest of the day. I used to get loud and animated. None of that anymore. I dunno if it's like a big picture type of perspective but yeah, just taking it easy and accepting whatever happens makes the losses less poopy. 

Also one time I got so pissed I punched a hole in my brand new guitar case and 15 years later I still feel like an a-hole about it haha. It's nice to be able to relax and still enjoy the team.

I still get enraged but I've gotten better at just walking away these days. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.