Tua: "Loss humbling and much needed by some"...is he talking to Hill?

Alphadawg7

I think its pretty clear that Tua is talking specifically about some people on the team here.  He didn't say it was the team that needed it, but some people on the team.  Personally, I don't think this is getting talked about enough.  If Josh Allen had said this, there would be non stop coverage about a rift between him and Diggs again.  

So who is he talking to or about...well, my personal theory is that I think at least one of those people might be Tyreek Hill:

1. This week Hill was boasting about not studying any film, literally playing Madden the night before games is all the research he does to check their Madden ratings on awareness, speed, strength, etc to get a feel for the player.  
  2. During the Broncos blow out, after Hill scored a TD off a catch and run, the TV cameras caught Tua telling Hill he ran the wrong route with Hill responding back who cares, we got the TD.  

Hill has been very vocal about his own personal stats, his goals of 2000 yards, all offseason.  You don't hear much from him in terms of team goals, he is very self absorbed and really feels himself.  According to Hill himself, he isn't putting the preparation in week to week watching film despite teams preparing to slow him down every week.  Tua already called him out for not running the proper route last week in which he blew off since he still ran for the score.  

Just feels like if that message was to be sent to anyone, Hill is probably one of the guys that needs to hear it.  

Im sure the clowns with the emoticon shirts were on his mind too that gave Josh and the team bulletin board material.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

• Alphadawg7 changed the title to Tua: "Loss humbling and much needed by some"...is he talking to Hill?

Hill has always been a self absorbed dirt bag. I'm sure he is a frustrating teammate to have, but everyone looks the other way because of his physical abilities.

We'll see how long that lasts when he gets older and loses a step.

As for Tua's remarks, I don't think he is trying to call anyone out. He's just trying to say the right things and get through his media duties.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

Agreed that these comments were for Hill.  Now the fun question of, will it affect their relationship?  Hill seems like a child to me (one he doesn't beat the crap out of) and could let this linger into games.  Who knows?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hill has always been a self absorbed dirt bag. I'm sure he is a frustrating teammate to have, but everyone looks the other way because of his physical abilities.

We'll see how long that lasts when he gets older and loses a step.

As for Tua's remarks, I don't think he is trying to call anyone out. He's just trying to say the right things and get through his media duties.

Yet I can promise some on this board will give him the OBJ, Hopkins, shiny object treatment.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Agreed that these comments were for Hill.  Now the fun question of, will it affect their relationship?  Hill seems like a child to me (one he doesn't beat the crap out of) and could let this linger into games.  Who knows?

I don't think Hill watched press conferences. He'll be oblivious, I'm sure, even if Tua was directing something at him, which is a big if.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think Hill watched press conferences. He'll be oblivious, I'm sure, even if Tua was directing something at him, which is a big if.

Oh, I don't doubt that Hill can't read and only uses his TV for Fortnite and Madden.  But I'm sure someone in the press will say something to him about it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

Really but Hill was always so likeable. 😏

If he ever played for the Bills it would be very difficult for me as a fan. I dispise Hill. Let's hope that never happens. I don't care how good he is at football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its pretty clear that Tua is talking specifically about some people on the team here.  He didn't say it was the team that needed it, but some people on the team.  Personally, I don't think this is getting talked about enough.  If Josh Allen had said this, there would be non stop coverage about a rift between him and Diggs again.  

So who is he talking to or about...well, my personal theory is that I think at least one of those people might be Tyreek Hill:

1. This week Hill was boasting about not studying any film, literally playing Madden the night before games is all the research he does to check their Madden ratings on awareness, speed, strength, etc to get a feel for the player.  
  2. During the Broncos blow out, after Hill scored a TD off a catch and run, the TV cameras caught Tua telling Hill he ran the wrong route with Hill responding back who cares, we got the TD.  

Hill has been very vocal about his own personal stats, his goals of 2000 yards, all offseason.  You don't hear much from him in terms of team goals, he is very self absorbed and really feels himself.  According to Hill himself, he isn't putting the preparation in week to week watching film despite teams preparing to slow him down every week.  Tua already called him out for not running the proper route last week in which he blew off since he still ran for the score.  

Just feels like if that message was to be sent to anyone, Hill is probably one of the guys that needs to hear it.  

Im sure the clowns with the emoticon shirts were on his mind too that gave Josh and the team bulletin board material.  

Good on Tua. QBs should be the leaders on offense. 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Stop making me like Tua.

It's really hard not to. Great guy. Emotionally mature. Generous. Very resilient. Given his physical limits (arm strength, etc.) he can really play. And he's still early in his QB journey. I wish he didn't play for the Dolphins so I could enjoy him more. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I can say many in MIA are saying when 

Hill and Waddle were on the sideline on knees late in the 4th and Tua was playing. 

they are adamant Waddle looked at Hill and said “I ain’t going back in this Fing game.”

He was playing? 

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 4

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Hill that guy thinks like every one else that has praised him to be the best & NO ONE can cover him but the Bills showed him & have in every game they have played that he can be dealt with & i hope the Bills sweep them & show him 1 more time he's not as great as he thinks he is !

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He got Tua a gift card.  Why, how, and where Tua redeemed it for herpes is the real story.  I think he bears at least 20% of the blame here.

Is it 20% off a single item purchase gift card?  No wonder Bed Bath & Beyond went out of business! 

51 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Tua is too nice of a dude to publicly call out a teammate IMO, especially a teammate who has done nothing but prop Tua up.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it’s well known Hill is an absolute a$$hat and a POS of a human.  If not for his physical gifts we can all make up stories about what his life would be.  

I tend to think that it’s not all environment that makes these people douchewads but how they are to begin and the skill and coddling that finishes it off. 

I always find myself rooting for them to blow plays or dare I say “get blown up”.  Honestly he will destroy Miami which is fine-they signed up for it.   But attitudes like his are infectious to others such as Waddle etc- whom maybe weren’t as “diuchey” as he is to begin with.  

either way F the Dolphins-and sorry Tua your straddled in that environment 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Tua is a really good kid.  He is on a crap team that we hate.

I like Tua too. He is a good dude. What annoys me is when people talk him up like he is as good as Allen or Mahomes when he just is not. That’s not to say he can’t be successful, I believe he can and he has proven he can be very successful but he doesn’t have Allen’s skill set

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Weren't there some Fin players who were throwing shade at the Bills earlier in the week? I think it was mentioned somewhere that Allen and Diggs were making fun of them during the game? I'd have to think that those are the players Tua is referring to, though I'm not sure if Hill is included in that group.

54 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hill he already has a Super Bowl ring so he doesn’t need the “team success” as he could have take a bit less money to stay with Mahomes if he really wanted to win. Instead he got the money and the individual stats in Miami. He probably is thinking more so about Hall of Fame and individual accolades. 

2 more “ big seasons” out of Hill after this year and he probably gets the HOF. He has already 8800 career yards so this season he likely passed 10k or gets very close. Another 2 1k receiving seasons puts him close to 13k career and he can get close to 90 TD’s as well. If he cares to compile more he probably can play a few more seasons afterwards.

He is only 29 this season so producing at a high level until 2025 is realistic. WR’s even ones who use their speed heavily tend to produce well until about age 32/33. Randy Moss was productive through 2009 when he was 32 for example.

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Tua is too nice of a dude to publicly call out a teammate IMO, especially a teammate who has done nothing but prop Tua up.

But he just did.  And he did so in a way to not publicly name any specific player to the media, but he literally just specifically referenced it was certain players rather than saying the whole team needed this humbling.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Tua is better off keeping his mouth shut and stop biting the hand that feeds him. Hill/ Waddle are likely going to earn Tua a very nice contract

38 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

It's really hard not to. Great guy. Emotionally mature. Generous. Very resilient. Given his physical limits (arm strength, etc.) he can really play. And he's still early in his QB journey. I wish he didn't play for the Dolphins so I could enjoy him more. 

You are making him sound like T*m Br*dy. Except for the Great guy and Emotionally mature and Generous and Very resilient.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.