Schefter: Von to resume practicing this week

Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would give him an even longer horizon. We need him 100% for the stretch run and playoffs. 

Let’s see what our defense looks like tomorrow and against the Jags. We have to keep winning because I think the division and home field will require minimum 13 if not 14. How many of the road games vs KC, Philly, Miami, Cinn do you think we win? If your answer is split ‘em, we can’t lose more than 1 other game. If you feel we can go to the SB as a wild card, that’s another conversation.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Didn't he say he could've gone Week 1? Wish we had him for tomorrow.

McDermott just recently said that Tre White is finally coming back to form. That's nearly 2 years after his acl injury.

It's possible that Von is not back to his normal self until next season.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

McDermott just recently said that Tre White is finally coming back to form. That's nearly 2 years after his acl injury.

Yes, it is possible.  It seems that the reports about Tre were more about his mental part of the recovery.

Von seems pretty hyped to get back.

We will only know when he is playing in a game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’ll probably see his first action against the Giants so probably won’t see him in England. I would love to see him there as Trevor Lawrence looks like he’s regressing. 

man, I figured the Jags were gonna be sort of a powerhouse this season.  Still plenty of season left, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

My guess is as much we want to see him next weekend, I’m guessing the Jags won’t be the game.

id bet is NYG, and on a pitch count.  He’ll get worked in more and more with each week.

Once we get through the Jags, we could see him sparingly for the next few games.  We need him full court press for the. Engels game.

After we hit the hard part of our schedule with the Bengals, Jets, Eagles, and Chiefs.  We also will definitely need him in Miami towards the end of the year.

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Von is a different animal, Tre had to battle his own state of mind in getting ba k on the field, Von has been there and done that already and the mental aspect will not be an issue.

That’s not to say he may not need some time physically.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

My guess is as much we want to see him next weekend, I’m guessing the Jags won’t be the game.

id bet is NYG, and on a pitch count.  He’ll get worked in more and more with each week.

Once we get through the Jags, we could see him sparingly for the next few games.  We need him full court press for the. Engels game.

After we hit the hard part of our schedule with the Bengals, Jets, Eagles, and Chiefs.  We also will definitely need him in Miami towards the end of the year.

I'm going to wait and see how they want to get him back to full time.  I would guess a DE has to get cut to make room for him.

Kingsley Jonathan seems likely to be the guy.  Not sure if he would clear waivers. 

Lawson could also be the guy, I guess.  

Guys get banged up all the time so maybe they'll just take it one week at a time before activating him.  They may need him to start with

a decent number of snaps if another guy is banged up.

I wonder in Kingsley gets "tweaked" somehow the game before Von is activated and he sits on IR for a few weeks.  Funnier things have happened.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm going to wait and see how they want to get him back to full time.  I would guess a DE has to get cut to make room for him.

Kingsley Jonathan seems likely to be the guy.  Not sure if he would clear waivers. 

Lawson could also be the guy, I guess.  

Guys get banged up all the time so maybe they'll just take it one week at a time before activating him.  They may need him to start with

a decent number of snaps if another guy is banged up.

I wonder in Kingsley gets "tweaked" somehow the game before Von is activated and he sits on IR for a few weeks.  Funnier things have happened.

It’s probably Shaq and agreed to your point.  He’ll most likely get placed on the PS.  He’s a nice depth piece meaning Shaq.  There is a use for him setting the edge.

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s probably Shaq and agreed to your point.  He’ll most likely get placed on the PS.  He’s a nice depth piece meaning Shaq.  There is a use for him setting the edge.

Shaq would cost another $225k if cut but just looking at the Bills cap space on Spotrac Beane now has over $3M.

Apparently, Hines got his salary cut.  So now that money isn't tight anymore Shaq would seem to be the guy.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes, it is possible.  It seems that the reports about Tre were more about his mental part of the recovery.

Von seems pretty hyped to get back.

We will only know when he is playing in a game.

53 minutes ago, julian said:

Von is a different animal, Tre had to battle his own state of mind in getting ba k on the field, Von has been there and done that already and the mental aspect will not be an issue.

That’s not to say he may not need some time physically.

To add to the discussion, Von previously tore his ACL on December 22, 2013.

Ten months later in October 2014 he won AFC Defensive Player of the Month for getting 14 sacks in 4 games.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't disagree, but you know von has been training as best he can to be ready to get on the field ASAP.

Two to three weeks is no time at all really. I do recall the videos but he was looking pretty Ginger at that time taking it kind of slow. He'll be ready when he's ready. :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.