Joe Namath wants Jets to clean house & start over

Albany,n.y.

Well the most overrated QB in NFL History is right. I mean what team doesn’t have a backup plan when their Star QB goes down 4 snaps into the season.  Oh add into the fact all the “good” and semi retired QBs they could bring in to have buzz have said thanks but no thanks! That O line get a non mobile QB killed. 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

Pure silly to blame HC & GM for QB1-HOF(ish) going down and in chaos. I have to think they’re on the QB hotlines now but it won’t cut it. 

JA17 goes down. Allen #2 is a cluster year. 

He's blaming them for drafting Wilson & not replacing him by now.  Imagine if we had drafted Rosen & then brought in a veteran to replace him in 2020 & had to keep Rosen for salary cap reasons and the veteran got hurt & was out for the season in the 1st series.  This board would be calling for Beane's & McDermott's jobs.  Heck, people are calling for their jobs every day around here now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well the most overrated QB in NFL History is right. I mean what team doesn’t have a backup plan when their Star QB goes down 4 snaps into the season.  Oh add into the fact all the “good” and semi retired QBs they could bring in to have buzz have said thanks but no thanks! That O line get a non mobile QB killed. 

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! I have been saying that. Justin Fields has to be better than Zach Wilson. Rex Ryan said that they couldn't afford a good backup QB but they can afford Dalvin Cook and a bunch of handpicked old WRs? THEIR MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE just like the Mets.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Pure silly to blame HC & GM for QB1-HOF(ish) going down and in chaos. I have to think they’re on the QB hotlines now but it won’t cut it.

Rodgers is 39, almost 40 years old.  Injury risk is significantly higher with a player like that, especially putting him behind an inadequate OL.  If it wasn't... then why was the Packers' pick next year a conditional pick based on playing time?

In fact, I called this back in March:

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Wants Wilson AND Saleh out in a rant.  Hit Full interview for the full 17:14 :

Jets legend Joe Namath on Zach Wilson: I've seen enough - YouTube

Joe has always been a moron.  He was the same guy drooling over Aaron Rodgers this summer.  Now he’s hurt and he wants to clean house?  What a joke 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You do know that ZW was drafted to be a franchise QB, right? 

I mean, the kid has to show something at some point.

9 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It won't mean. Crap unless they change owners

Who is they?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Joe has always been a moron. 

I heard about a story from a long time ago in Buffalo.  Joe Namath was in Buffalo & this heavy-set woman comes up to him & tells him that he's her favorite player.  He signs an autograph for her: "To my biggest fan, Joe Namath"  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, stinky finger said:

But he acts like Wilson was choice 1st wasn’t!  He was suppose to learn behind Rogers this year and maybe challenge to start next year if it took. That said The man be a trivia question in 10 years.

4 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

Jamarcus Russell, Trey Lance, Ryan Leaf and Mitch Trubisky were all drafted to be franchise QBs. So??? Sometimes you invest in a dog and have to put it out of its misery at a big loss.

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Jamarcus Russell, Trey Lance, Ryan Leaf and Mitch Trubisky were all drafted to be franchise QBs. So??? Sometimes you invest in a dog and have to put it out of its misery at a big loss.

My point is the regime failed selecting this guy. Better to move off before you lose the locker room. You already made one big mistake, don't make another.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Saleh and Douglas bought themselves an extra year when Rodgers went down. I personally think anyone who thinks Rodgers would have made that much of a difference behind that line is fooling themselves. Maybe with Rodgers they pull off the win yesterday...but they weren't beating the Cowboys either way. And week 1 was a gift. 

Easy to pin a losing record on losing Rodgers. Honestly, if I were the Jets I let Wilson stink it up and take a QB what's looking to be a deep QB draft. Their defense will win them too many for a top 3 pick IMO.

3 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Russell & Leaf also made it 3 seasons, which appears to be the path Wilson is on.  Only the 49ers had the courage to dump Lance after 2 seasons, mainly because they had a starting QB on a 7th round rookie contract & were better able to withstand the cap hit trading Lance triggered.  Trubisky got 4 years in Chicago.  Nobody wanted Wilson's contract so the Jets were better off cap wise keeping him, although they could have brought in someone else behind Rodgers & kept Wilson on the bench.  The problem was they didn't have the guts to say he is a bust & relegate him slowly into oblivion.  

• Agree 1

I think the Jets have to bring Wentz in and see if they can salvage this season. Zack Wilson can get a few more games while Wentz learns the playbook and gets some practice in and have that be the final chance for Wilson. But yeah two-plus seasons of Wilson have shown not a whole lot to be excited about. 

16 minutes ago, wjag said:

First Things First was putting the idea of Carson Wentz out there.  Even with all his warts, Wentz has to be better than Wilson.

I honestly have no idea what they are doing with Wilson and why they are sticking with him. Wentz would be an easy upgrade. They could trade a 4th or 5th rounder to the Steelers for mason Rudolph, or to the Texans for Davis mills or case Keenum. 

16 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

This from a man who threw more interceptions than touchdowns in almost every season he played in and for his career and the ONLY reason why he is in the HOF is because of Super Bowl III. 

He is in the hall of fame because everyone who knows what the NFL is knows who Joe Namath is.  Probably the most "famous" guy the NFL every produced. Hall of Fame is exactly where he belongs.   If they create a hall of TD:INT ratio leaders, they can leave him out of that. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Agree 3

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I think the Jets have to bring Wentz in and see if they can salvage this season. Zack Wilson can get a few more games while Wentz learns the playbook and gets some practice in and have that be the final chance for Wilson. But yeah two-plus seasons of Wilson have shown not a whole lot to be excited about. 

Have you seen Wentz play the last couple of seasons?  If you're looking at stats, he looks a lot better on paper than he has on the field.  Since the teams look at film instead of stat sheets, they've seen enough to not want to sign him.  He reminds me a lot of Paxton Lynch who was last seen playing in the XFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I heard about a story from a long time ago in Buffalo.  Joe Namath was in Buffalo & this heavy-set woman comes up to him & tells him that he's her favorite player.  He signs an autograph for her: "To my biggest fan, Joe Namath"  

Seriously that's comedy gold

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

But he acts like Wilson was choice 1st wasn’t!  He was suppose to learn behind Rogers this year and maybe challenge to start next year if it took. That said The man be a trivia question in 10 years.

That's not really accurate they gave up on Wilson to go on a couple year adventure with Rodgers, they maybe thought having Zack as a backup would be okay. But once you've given up on your 1st round QB you're pretty much done with them, confidence is too big in that position to do that to them.

So there is something to what Joe Namath is saying because they went so all in with Rodgers that they didn't really have a plan for the future. Not only that but they catered to him so much that they brought in an offensive coordinator who I'm not sure was ever meant to do much more than say yes to Aaron. So now their offense is a bigger cluster***** than it was last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.