Joe Namath wants Jets to clean house & start over

Albany,n.y.

Well the most overrated QB in NFL History is right. I mean what team doesn’t have a backup plan when their Star QB goes down 4 snaps into the season.  Oh add into the fact all the “good” and semi retired QBs they could bring in to have buzz have said thanks but no thanks! That O line get a non mobile QB killed. 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

Pure silly to blame HC & GM for QB1-HOF(ish) going down and in chaos. I have to think they’re on the QB hotlines now but it won’t cut it. 

JA17 goes down. Allen #2 is a cluster year. 

He's blaming them for drafting Wilson & not replacing him by now.  Imagine if we had drafted Rosen & then brought in a veteran to replace him in 2020 & had to keep Rosen for salary cap reasons and the veteran got hurt & was out for the season in the 1st series.  This board would be calling for Beane's & McDermott's jobs.  Heck, people are calling for their jobs every day around here now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well the most overrated QB in NFL History is right. I mean what team doesn’t have a backup plan when their Star QB goes down 4 snaps into the season.  Oh add into the fact all the “good” and semi retired QBs they could bring in to have buzz have said thanks but no thanks! That O line get a non mobile QB killed. 

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! I have been saying that. Justin Fields has to be better than Zach Wilson. Rex Ryan said that they couldn't afford a good backup QB but they can afford Dalvin Cook and a bunch of handpicked old WRs? THEIR MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE just like the Mets.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Pure silly to blame HC & GM for QB1-HOF(ish) going down and in chaos. I have to think they’re on the QB hotlines now but it won’t cut it.

Rodgers is 39, almost 40 years old.  Injury risk is significantly higher with a player like that, especially putting him behind an inadequate OL.  If it wasn't... then why was the Packers' pick next year a conditional pick based on playing time?

In fact, I called this back in March:

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Wants Wilson AND Saleh out in a rant.  Hit Full interview for the full 17:14 :

Jets legend Joe Namath on Zach Wilson: I've seen enough - YouTube

Joe has always been a moron.  He was the same guy drooling over Aaron Rodgers this summer.  Now he’s hurt and he wants to clean house?  What a joke 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You do know that ZW was drafted to be a franchise QB, right? 

I mean, the kid has to show something at some point.

9 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It won't mean. Crap unless they change owners

Who is they?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Joe has always been a moron. 

I heard about a story from a long time ago in Buffalo.  Joe Namath was in Buffalo & this heavy-set woman comes up to him & tells him that he's her favorite player.  He signs an autograph for her: "To my biggest fan, Joe Namath"  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.