Joe Namath wants Jets to clean house & start over

Albany,n.y.

45 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! I have been saying that. Justin Fields has to be better than Zach Wilson. Rex Ryan said that they couldn't afford a good backup QB but they can afford Dalvin Cook and a bunch of handpicked old WRs? THEIR MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE just like the Mets.

Agreed.  I said in another thread that management ceded all decision making to Rodgers...who hand picked his coordinator and receivers.  He had calf issues in training camp.  Did no one consider the possibility that he might not be part of that offense at some point?  Just poor planning...or no planning.

36 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

My point is the regime failed selecting this guy. Better to move off before you lose the locker room. You already made one big mistake, don't make another.

They refuse to do that. Glad you see the stupidity that is going on in NEW JERSEY :P

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

It's a good team - they just need a QB.

I'm surprised they're not trying to get someone else right now.  They could still salvage the season.

Sure, NFL teams are lining up to help the Jets.  The best they can do is someone else's 3rd stringer or a street free agent(who is on the street for a reason).  It's too late to get someone else in to salvage the season, they had the offseason to do that & failed to get Rodgers an adequate backup, probably because they already had too much cap money dedicated to the QB position, because of the drain Wilson's 1st round contract caused, and Rodgers huge deal.  

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Sure, NFL teams are lining up to help the Jets.  The best they can do is someone else's 3rd stringer or a street free agent(who is on the street for a reason).  It's too late to get someone else in to salvage the season, they had the offseason to do that & failed to get Rodgers an adequate backup, probably because they already had too much cap money dedicated to the QB position, because of the drain Wilson's 1st round contract caused, and Rodgers huge deal.  

Supposedly, both Wentz and Matt Ryan reached out to them, and they declined.

Either guy would make them a tough team to beat.  

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Supposedly, both Wentz and Matt Ryan reached out to them, and they declined.

Either guy would make them a tough team to beat.  

Ryan is so washed up, he never has to bathe again & Wentz is trash.  If a guy is on the street after week 1 there's a reason.  More like NEITHER guy would make them a tough team to beat.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Ryan is so washed up, he never has to bathe again & Wentz is trash.  If a guy is on the street after week 1 there's a reason.  More like NEITHER guy would make them a tough team to beat.  

I 100% disagree. Wilson can't play the position.  Both of those guys can.

They don't need a star or even close to it. They need someone who can complete passes. They win yesterday easily w/ either Wentz or Ryan.

12 minutes ago, Success said:

I 100% disagree. Wilson can't play the position.  Both of those guys can.

They don't need a star or even close to it. They need someone who can complete passes. They win yesterday easily w/ either Wentz or Ryan.

In 2017 they could, not in 2023 (nor 2022 when they both played their way out of the NFL, including benchings for both of them) .  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.