Serious topic: it’s time to trade for DJ Moore

FireChans

Topic. Title.

So DJ Moore and picks went for the #1 pick to the Bears this off-season. That accelerated a lot of his dead money onto the Panthers. The Bears wanted a good WR to save Justin Fields and themselves, and that did not work. They can clear space now, and prepare for Caleb Williams 2024.

I’d trade our first this year for DJ straight up. Gabe is perfect as a WR3 but DJ has skills to last, especially if/when Diggs gets old. This is the move to win us a Super Bowl now.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

He dropped a perfect pass from fields.....

Oh he dropped one pass? Do you wanna play that game with Gabe?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He has a $20 million cap hit this year. How much of that would be on the hook for? I see we can cut him after this season with only a $1.1 million dead cap hit, just not sure if we can afford him for this season.

If we extended him/reworked his contract, we could drop his cap hit by a huge number.

Edited by FireChans

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Topic. Title.

So DJ Moore and picks went for the #1 pick to the Bears this off-season. That accelerated a lot of his dead money onto the Panthers. The Bears wanted a good WR to save Justin Fields and themselves, and that did not work. They can clear space now, and prepare for Caleb Williams 2024.

I’d trade our first this year for DJ straight up. Gabe is perfect as a WR3 but DJ has skills to last, especially if/when Diggs gets old. This is the move to win us a Super Bowl now.

He’s worth at most a second or third. He was an afterthought in the trade back with Carolina.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Topic. Title.

Our 1st?! No way. 2nd maybe 🤔 

24 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Topic. Title.

I agree, but not for the First. I don't think you need to give them that to get him.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He has a $20 million cap hit this year. How much of that would be on the hook for? I see we can cut him after this season with only a $1.1 million dead cap hit, just not sure if we can afford him for this season.

that’s salary so just prorate game checks to get your number 

• Like (+1) 1

I love DJ Moore but he is on a 20 million dollar a year contract. I just don’t see that working for the Bills. I think if the Bills are going to add a pass catcher it is going to be a WR on a expiring contract like Mike Evans or Jerry Jeudy or a WR on a rookie deal.

I doubt with the cap crunch the way it is McBeane is going to want a big contract with multiple years on it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Not there yet. 

let’s get through next two. Then decide. I am not sure I need a Moore at this point.

i would like to see more of Sheffield in the pure slot running with Diggs and Davis more at this point though.

I've seen enough of Harty and Sheffield. It's time to let Shakir play the slot. He has that feel of Beasely 2.0.  Josh trusts him.  It's time he gets more reps.  These other two have done nothing.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I've seen enough of Harty and Sheffield. It's time to let Shakir play the slot. He has that feel of Beasely 2.0.  Josh trusts him.  It's time he gets more reps.  These other two have done nothing.  

Josh trusts Gabe Davis too but he still has inexcusable drops and passes thrown to him end up intercepted or on the ground too often.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I like this thinking. Gabe is a joke. Even his td was an awkward hand position catch. He’s a black hole for targets

youbobviously have to sweeten the pot. A first for

dj Moore. And Chicago basically takes all of his cap this year….. they have to.

unless they have some insane plan to unleash Kincaid 

19 hours ago, mannc said:

He’s worth at most a second or third. He was an afterthought in the trade back with Carolina.

No, he was not.

He’s been putting up legit numbers on crap teams with scrub QBs. 
The Panthers BIGTIME miss him

with ancient Thielin being their best target.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

My point was the truth, sorry that hurts your narative. 

Every receiver has drops. It was silly. “He dropped a pass just now so he’s bad” is an embarrassing post. I won’t be engaging with you further if that’s the best you can offer. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.