9/24/23 Week 3 GAMEDAY Bills vs Commanders 1st Half Thread

Freddie's Dead

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

gotta kick that field goal every time.

In bad weather against a team who are struggling a bit on offense I don't want to give them a short field to get a score if we miss the kick. 

We didn't. And fair play to Bass. Looked like it woulda been good from at least 60.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He tripped the guy's leg by grabbing it. Tripping doesn't have to be with your leg.

TRIPPING

Starting in 2023, tripping is now a personal foul, 15-yard penalty and is subject to additional discipline whether it is called or not called on the field by officials.

What is tripping? The use of the leg or foot to obstruct any opponent (including a runner).

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/rules-changes/2023-rules-changes-and-points-of-clarification/

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

In bad weather against a team who are struggling a bit on offense I don't want to give them a short field to get a score if we miss the kick. 

We didn't. And fair play to Bass. Looked like it woulda been good from at least 60.

I was just joking. Before I said this, I said gotta punt. For all the same reasons you said. Why give them life? 

but it worked out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.