Diggs OF DALLAS Torn ACL- Done for year

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, arcane said:

The Bills could play Dallas in the 17th game of 2025. Just like they play Washington this week despite seeing them in 21

We play Washington this week because we play the NFC East this year.  

But yes, you are right still about 2025 thanks for pointing that out.  I forgot the 17th opponent is not listed yet past 2024 because it can't be determined until next year.  It's a non-conference game from a division we are not already playing that season, and its chosen based on the previous years divisional rankings, so you are correct that it can be Dallas in any season we not facing the NFCE with the earliest being 2025 also making 2026 a possibility too.

Still, if that does happen, the matchup would not have been as good as prime Stefon vs prime Trevon.  But, would still be cool to see (assuming they haven't already faced off in a SB in 2024).  

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Actually, I think their defense would be a good fit for him. 

It would be a terrible trade. We couldn't get better than a fifth form. The guy hasn't been in the field, haven't been able to show him off. It's b******* that the coaches won't play him

1 minute ago, boyst said:

It would be a terrible trade. We couldn't get better than a fifth form. The guy hasn't been in the field, haven't been able to show him off. It's b******* that the coaches won't play him

Bro, R-E-L-A-X. You're gonna get yourself all worked up and pull a hammy again.

I didn't say they should trade him. I just remarked that he would be a good fit in their defense. 

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Wow! Awful news!  Bet Jerry gets on the phone to inquire about Elam. 

that would be a terrible decision for the Bills.

Also, the Cowboys missed on their own corner a few years ago in kelvin joseph.  Instead of him riding the pine and just waiting for him to get in trouble off the field they traded him this year to Miami for their failed 1st round corner, Noah Igbinoghene.

Diggs replacement is Daron Bland who had a great rookie season and they will be fine.  He is their slot guy though so they now are weaker in the slot with jordan lewis having to start again.   

1 hour ago, wppete said:

That’s a bold statement right there 😂 

Would you Give Elam, Rousseau and Gabe Davis for Parsons???? I think I would. 

Yes! 

Parsons is a generational talent.

Elam is a 3rd/4th string CB in a defense that doesn't suit his skill set, no fault of his own. 

Gabe is in a contract year and most likely can be replaced with a cheaper option through FA or the Draft. 

Rousseau? That's a tough one, but yeah.  I can probably find another Groot before I find a player of Parsons caliber. 

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

NFLPA are partners - they could offer to split costs.  Grass fields of course will do no good for stadiums which are used for other things so NFLPA will insist on new stadiums for those cities.

NFL brings in about $12B  a year. Why would players have to pay for this considering most owners get free tax money to build them

40 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Bro, R-E-L-A-X. You're gonna get yourself all worked up and pull a hammy again.

I didn't say they should trade him. I just remarked that he would be a good fit in their defense. 

Oh, I'm not worked up I'm a nor focused at you on this.

This guy didn't get much good time during the preseason, this guy didn't get anything to showcase what talent we may have with him. If we pressed him into service, I don't think you would do miserably. Could be as good as Eli Apple? But, he did get better of the season went on.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

unlesshes he’s offering a 1st, pass.  Look at injuries just last year in the secondary.  I know people are ticked he’s a scratch, but we need Benford, Dane, and Elam as Elam played well against Miami last year.  He may see some time against hill in week 4.  He limited him last year playing man.

Seriously look at what happened to our secondary with Poyer and Hyde and Damar at safety and Dane and Benfords broken arm and Tre White working back from an ACL.  

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It was very much like that. I regret nothing. And the socks are bone dry😂😂😂

One day. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not even next year. But ONE day you’ll get a wet sock. And when that happens, I want to you think back to what you did here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We play Washington this week because we play the NFC East this year.  

But yes, you are right still about 2025 thanks for pointing that out.  I forgot the 17th opponent is not listed yet past 2024 because it can't be determined until next year.  It's a non-conference game from a division we are not already playing that season, and its chosen based on the previous years divisional rankings, so you are correct that it can be Dallas in any season we not facing the NFCE with the earliest being 2025 also making 2026 a possibility too.

Still, if that does happen, the matchup would not have been as good as prime Stefon vs prime Trevon.  But, would still be cool to see (assuming they haven't already faced off in a SB in 2024).  

I'd rather they face off weekly in practice as the Bills get ready for next opponent. He can come stay with his brother during this season season once he's had surgery though they probably start rehab soon after I don't know how much time they have players stay off their repaired acl leg.

Edited by AuntieEm

1 hour ago, nucci said:

NFL brings in about $12B  a year. Why would players have to pay for this considering most owners get free tax money to build them

They are asking for something many owners do not believe and likely those contributing to stadiums would rather not pay for otherwise they would already have it.    And NFLPA likes to claim they are partners but they are not so this is way they can demonstrate they are rather than obstructing NFL as they did when they tried to prohibit NFL requiring safety equipment.

There different kind of partners - contributing partner (no), silent partner (absolutely no), what kind of partner are they?
Closest type I see are non-contributing divorced spouses who each year try to raise alimony and getting partner to pay other expenses.

For those thinking I am thinking of my situation you are wrong - been married since for 35+ years.

5 hours ago, SDS said:

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Potentially - ya think?

• Agree 1

• BuffaloBillyG changed the title to Diggs OF DALLAS Torn ACL- Done for year
2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Does Beane trade Elam for a 2024 1st round pick?

Dude is the second youngest player on the Bills by date of birth (5/5/2001). Dorian Willaims is 1 month younger. 

They're not getting a first for Elam.  I doubt they would get anything better than a 4th for him which isn't worth it.

7 hours ago, Process said:

Damn I forgot we play them this year. That would have been fun to watch. They likely won't have another chance to play against each other.

If Trevon re-signs, we would play the Cowboys in 2025 if we both finish in the same places in our divisions in 2024. Also, we could play them in the SB in 2024.

Feel terrible for Diggs, and it’s a big loss for Dallas.  But I don’t think it dooms their SB chances.  They have such a deep talented roster on D, and a solid veteran QB w weapons on O.

The Bills lost Tre White in 2021, were 7 - 6 and still made it 13 seconds from perhaps a SB.  And they didn’t have anyone close to the talent level of Stefon Gilmore to fill in as CB1.

I have SF & Philly ahead of them, but the Cowboys are right there.

16 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

Feel terrible for Diggs, and it’s a big loss for Dallas.  But I don’t think it dooms their SB chances.  They have such a deep talented roster on D, and a solid veteran QB w weapons on O.

The Bills lost Tre White in 2021, were 7 - 6 and still made it 13 seconds from perhaps a SB.  And they didn’t have anyone close to the talent level of Stefon Gilmore to fill in as CB1.

SF looks like they will be the #1 by virtue of not splitting the division with Philly or Dallas. This is similar to KC, not being w/ BUF or MIA.

6 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

Sometimes it only takes a few lucky  bounces  to get to the next game in past season.   It's often not the best teams that season that get to the big dance.   Healthy  us a good bounce to start with and wh? I like the 3 headed  rb room we got.  If one goes down  even for just the rest of one game  we got 2 other capable rbs that can carry on for the remainder without a big dropoff.     Saquon Barkley is  out Giants got nobody to pick up the slack  same with the other injured stars that are taming some contenders down a tier  for as their chances go.   I'll be pleased as punch if we manage to remain healthy this year while other teams deal with  some injuries that effect their capabilities.   Let their fans cry about their lack of  luck.  I'll be as sympathetic as they were when Josh  got hurt and all the other injuries we got last year to derail our season.

8 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

Dak Prescott is still just meh. He is pretty much Kirk Cousins on a better team.

Edited by Big Turk

[Didn't see this posted:]

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/bart-scott-joke-trevon-diggs-stefon-diggs-response.html

"Stefon Diggs rips Bart Scott after poorly timed joke on Trevon Diggs injury: ‘Like what did you gain from that?’"

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/bart-scott-crossed-line-trevon-diggs-acl-tear-stephen-a-smith-something-bad-always-happens-dallas-cowboys-schtick.html

"Bart Scott crosses line tying Trevon Diggs’ ACL tear to Stephen A. Smith’s ‘something bad always happens’ Cowboys schtick"

Edited by chongli

6 minutes ago, chongli said:

[Didn't see this posted:]

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/bart-scott-joke-trevon-diggs-stefon-diggs-response.html

"Stefon Diggs rips Bart Scott after poorly timed joke on Trevon Diggs injury: ‘Like what did you gain from that?’"

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/bart-scott-crossed-line-trevon-diggs-acl-tear-stephen-a-smith-something-bad-always-happens-dallas-cowboys-schtick.html

"Bart Scott crosses line tying Trevon Diggs’ ACL tear to Stephen A. Smith’s ‘something bad always happens’ Cowboys schtick"

Diggs is giving him exactly what he was trying to gain. 👀

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.