Davante Adams Calling OUT RAPP!

balln

I didn’t think anything of it . Didn’t think it was egregious. Hard football play. Why that’s flagged and the hit on Kincaid in end zone wasnt makes no sense

hey Adams - yea you’re getting blown out and backups are in on D - you guys don’t need to be airing it out. He’s a diva that is on a sucky team and Father Time catching up and he knows he’s going to be irrelevant REAL quick

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6
  • Dislike 1

I'm sure nobody wants to hear it but he's absolutely right and during the game I immediately thought Rapp owes him an apology.

I'll cut/paste what I said the day after because it fits better here:

Agreed that D Adams should not have been on the field at that point.

But Taylor Rapp needs to learn to hold his water.

I get that he doesn't get a lot of snaps and wants to do something with the ones he does get, but you need to be game aware and respect other people no matter what jersey they're wearing. That game was for all intents and purposes over at that point and there is no need to be out there trying to murder people when you're just running out the clock. Who gives a damn if he catches that ball at that point, it's not going to affect the game one way or the other; just give him a tap on the hat on the way by to ensure he's down by contact and move on to the next play. Going for killshots like that can literally mess with people's lives, and there's no need for it at that point in a game that is all but over.

I hope Rapp gives Adams a call this week, checks up on him and apologizes for getting caught up in the moment.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 11
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

On the flip side, if this happened to Diggs there would be a lot of people not happy with the raiders safety

If you're watching, you'll see that Diggs gets hit elbowed and kicked in the head a lot.  Often after he's down.

There's a reason other receivers backs and OLmen scurry over like their feet are on fire.

But Adams is not wrong that it was an unnecessary hit and a foul.

3 minutes ago, Gisele said:

Adams was also playing in garbage time.  Just sayin'

That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that the hit was a "bad Rapp"

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, balln said:

I didn’t think anything of it . Didn’t think it was egregious. Hard football play. Why that’s flagged and the hit on Kincaid in end zone wasnt makes no sense

hey Adams - yea you’re getting blown out and backups are in on D - you guys don’t need to be airing it out. He’s a diva that is on a sucky team and Father Time catching up and he knows he’s going to be irrelevant REAL quick

Or the hit on Josh 🤷

• Thank you (+1) 2

Adam's comments aside, from what I've seen Rapp has not played very well in any aspect run or pass and doesn't need to be getting penalized.  That penalty might not matter in a game when we're way ahead but when he does it in the 4th quarter of a close game it'll just be another reason he shouldn't be on the field.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'll start by saying, yes it was a penalty. And Rapp will likely be fined for it. As he probably should.

But I want to compare that hit to the hit Travis Hunter took the night before in the Colorado/Colorado State game. That hit was vicious. That hit was uncalled for. And the next day Travis Hunter basically said, "Hey, it's football. It happens.". 

Adams really could have handled it mich the same way as this kid did, with some professionalism. Instead he goes in on Rapp personally a bit. While I hate to see those kind of hit happen, Hunter is correct. It's football an those collisions will happen. It sucks for sure....but it's always been and always will be part of why a WR gets that paycheck.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

That might have been Damar if he dressed. Does the narrative on him change if he knocks someone's head off? Is he allowed to play hard or is he a cheerleader at this point?

This doesn't have to be about Damar

Overall, Bills DBs toeing the line of hard hit/dirty hit is a theme of the McDermott era. They're coached to do it. It's football.

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

On the flip side, if this happened to Diggs there would be a lot of people not happy with the raiders safety

I wouldn't but I also realize that these plays happen a lot, not all of them get flagged, not all of them are from backups, and even the supah stars do this.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This doesn't have to be about Damar

Overall, Bills DBs toeing the line of hard hit/dirty hit is a theme of the McDermott era. They're coached to do it. It's football.

So can Damar do it? Or would he lose too many endorsements?

• Dislike 2

It just suck being down 10-38 and your coach refuses to take you out of the game when you have only 60 yards receiving and touchdown. Rather than save Adams, McDaniel chose to expose his star WR to injury from a player Adams deems as unworthy of injuring his greatness. 

• Like (+1) 1

He's not wrong. It was pretty dirty. We had already knocked the ball down when Rapp laid that hit on him and he clearly went helmet to helmet when he easily could have avoided the hit altogether.

That being said, we never get calls when Josh gets hit in the head or Diggs gets hit while defenseless. Those calls are reserved for certain players on certain teams to be determined by the NFL's marketing team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I'm sure nobody wants to hear it but he's absolutely right and during the game I immediately thought Rapp owes him an apology.

I'll cut/paste what I said the day after because it fits better here:

Agreed that D Adams should not have been on the field at that point.

But Taylor Rapp needs to learn to hold his water.

I get that he doesn't get a lot of snaps and wants to do something with the ones he does get, but you need to be game aware and respect other people no matter what jersey they're wearing. That game was for all intents and purposes over at that point and there is no need to be out there trying to murder people when you're just running out the clock. Who gives a damn if he catches that ball at that point, it's not going to affect the game one way or the other; just give him a tap on the hat on the way by to ensure he's down by contact and move on to the next play. Going for killshots like that can literally mess with people's lives, and there's no need for it at that point in a game that is all but over.

I hope Rapp gives Adams a call this week, checks up on him and apologizes for getting caught up in the moment.

Agreed... have some respect for the opponent in that spot. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Agreed... have some respect for the opponent in that spot. 

Yeah, if it's a 10 point or 14 point game then have at it boys.

But it's literally a 4 TD lead with 3 minutes left to play.

Putting the crown of your helmet into an exposed guy's jaw at full speed at that point is just wrong.

It's the kind of stuff that leads to people having genuinely serious problems down the road.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I pretty much agree with Adams, but why are the Raiders airing it out with their All Pro WR in a blowout against the backup defense anyway?

Very bizarre game management.  They punt down 21 in the 4th quarter on a 4th and 3 near midfield yet leave their starters out there down 28.  I guess it's the same head coach who thought trading up to draft Tim Tebow in the first round was a good idea.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, if Adams had caught the ball, a big hit from Rapp could have jarred it loose. There's no way he knows if he caught it or not in that instance with how fast it happened. Yes, he hit him in the wrong area, but it is sure hard not to when Adams is falling out of the air almost sideways.

I think it was correctly a penalty, but it was a bang-bang play and there was nothing malicious about it. Adams is just angry.

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Sure, because it is a penalty. But hits like that happen. Watch it in real time speed. It is much harder to avoid than many are saying. If Adams caught the ball, a hard hit from a safety (if legal) could have jarred it loose.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Well I have moved on 

Much worse happened to Josh when q of the the jets sat on his head from behind and fell on him

You have moved on... okay I guess that settles it. And what's the relevance of what happened to Josh against the Jets?

3 hours ago, boyst said:

If his team won he wouldn't have anything to say.

And you know this how?

3 hours ago, transient said:

Pretty harsh criticism/sour grapes... who's hoisted more Lombardis, Davante, you or Rapp?

This is relevant in what way?

3 hours ago, Gisele said:

Adams was also playing in garbage time.  Just sayin'

So that justifies a dirty hit? Actually if it's garbage time doesn't that make the hit less forgivable?

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Dude’s trying to make a living.  Don’t try to pad your stats in garbage time against the guys you’re making fun of who play in garbage time.  

Wow. Really interesting thought process here.

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

So can Damar do it? Or would he lose too many endorsements?

I'm not understanding your point? Do you understand your point?

24 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

I miss the days when safeties were able to punish WRs.

I guess you enjoy fights in hockey and crashes in NASCAR too?

I can't remember the last topic that had so many disappointing takes...

• Eyeroll 3

14 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

You have moved on... okay I guess that settles it. And what's the relevance of what happened to Josh against the Jets?

And you know this how?

This is relevant in what way?

So that justifies a dirty hit? Actually if it's garbage time doesn't that make the hit less forgivable?

Wow. Really interesting thought process here.

I'm not understanding your point? Do you understand your point?

I guess you enjoy fights in hockey and crashes in NASCAR too?

I can't remember the last topic that had so many disappointing takes...

Do you think Rapp intentionally went headhunting on Adams?  

1 minute ago, pigpen65 said:

I've seen people write positive comments about Rapp's play. No idea where it's coming from. Through the preseason and little bit of regular season I think he's looked pretty bad 

He hasn't looked good which is surprising considering he played pretty well as a starter for the Rams.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Do you think Rapp intentionally went headhunting on Adams?  

I'm calling out the following comments:

• Well I have moved on...

• Much worse happened to Josh when q of the the jets sat on his head from behind and fell on him

• If his team won he wouldn't have anything to say.

• who's hoisted more Lombardis, Davante, you or Rapp?

• Adams was also playing in garbage time.  Just sayin'

• Dude’s trying to make a living.  Don’t try to pad your stats in garbage time against the guys you’re making fun of who play in garbage time.  

• So can Damar do it? Or would he lose too many endorsements?

• I miss the days when safeties were able to punish WRs.

I don't even understand how my opinion of the play is relevant.

I'm commenting on those who are "reasoning" that the hit was justified. None of these people are saying the hit wasn't dirty. They're saying it was justified.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

He’s not exactly wrong. But the backups in on D were really trying not to give up that garbage time TD.

Not completely wrong, it was head to head. That's bad. Should be punished.

But he seems to be saying that running across the field to hit someone outside your zone is a bad and purposeless thing. It's not at all.

Correct, though, that the head-to-head contact was wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.