Week 3: Buffalo (-6.5) at Washington

BuffaloBillyG

Getting pretty annoyed at the Commander's forum, which is comparing Dawson Know to a convicted rapist and Stefon Diggs to a starving African child in their "Look-A-Likes" thread:

https://es.redskins.com/topic/453313-2023-bills-look-a-like-thread/

They are also saying it snows even in the summer in Buffalo and Josh Allen is a turnover machine and the offense is broken down.

[And the idiots over there can't even change the url domain name.]

35 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

https://x.com/SharpFootball/status/1704885892236628348?s=20

Possible hurricane.  Not sure why tweets aren't imbedding

Here it is. Just copy only the url up the last number before the question mark. Don't copy "?s=20"

Edited by chongli
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, chongli said:

Getting pretty annoyed at the Commander's forum, which is comparing Dawson Know to a convicted rapist and Stefon Diggs to a starving African child in their "Look-A-Likes" thread:

They are also saying it snows even in the summer in Buffalo and Josh Allen is a turnover machine and the offense is broken down.

Here it is. Just copy only the url up the last number before the question mark. Don't copy "?s=20"

appreciate it

how come we don't do the lookalike threads anymore.  They're pretty funny 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, chongli said:

That was only on the old BBMB. This forum has different traditions I guess.

Really.  Could have sworn it was sooner than that. 

Looked at their boards prediction thread, lot of them picking Wash but most admit it's a homer take. 

This D has been ruthless on young QBs. Expect an aggressive approach,  their OL isn't good, should be able to shut down run game and make Howell beat us , good luck kid

• Like (+1) 2

Bills' Ed Oliver rates as one of the best pass-rushers in the NFL

USATSI_21445193-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=

Pro Football Focus ranked Bills defensive tackle Ed Oliver second in the NFL in the metric. Oliver, with a pressure rate of 23.5%, is in the same company as Chase Young, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Micah Parsons.

Oliver, 25, has played two games this season for Buffalo and has amassed 0.5 sacks, eight tackles, two tackles for loss, and four quarterback hits. Oliver has played 62% of the defensive snaps for the Bills this season and as expected, he will be a big part of Buffalo’s defense this campaign.

billswire.usatoday.com

• Like (+1) 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Honestly don’t see the game being played in DC as the eye of the storm will be directly overhead. It would make more sense to postpone the game a day, or move to a neutral site like Buffalo. 

It'll be gone before the game, according to pat hammer

4 hours ago, chongli said:

There's a foreskins forum? Who knew they even had fans

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Honestly...I don't see how he was a bad interview and why he keeps getting denied head coaching jobs...he seems well spoken, down to earth and very likable.

He had some legal problems and his subordinates had legal problems while he was a coach at Colorado. He doesn’t seem like the most disciplined guy.

Also, I think there was a thought Reid was the brains behind the Chiefs offense. We know Reid called the plays. If Bieniemy can make the Commanders’ offense respectable then he’ll land a HC job somewhere.

6 hours ago, chongli said:

I think most of their look-a-like thread is pretty funny.  I especially like Tyler Matakevich as Tormund Giantsbane, which is the ultimate compliment.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I think Morris will be more than serviceable in a spot-start as the Knox replacement. He can handle more of the blocking duties that Knox does and we will just rely a little more on Kincaid in the pass game. Morris has proven to be an effective pass catcher as well at times.

We have good TE depth.

Edited by jletha
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, jletha said:

I think Morris will be more than serviceable in a spot-start as the Knox replacement. He can handle more of the blocking duties that Knox does and we will just rely a little more on Kincaid in the pass game. Morris has proven to be an effective pass catcher as well at times.

We have good TE depth.

I feel like if Morris were given a chance, he could be a legit TE 1. He was known as quite the pass catcher in college, and he has flashed in the NFL.

• Agree 1

The local weather shows soaking rain still in the area Sunday AM, for the tailgate and walk to the stadium.  Right at 1pm the future radar shows the rain line moving just north of the stadium and continuing to move northeast.  Sounds like a drenched field, but not bad weather conditions for the actual game.  

2 hours ago, eball said:

Looking at the National Hurricane Center, it does seem that the storm will move past the DC area prior to game time on Sunday…

15 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

The weather is going to be  awful.   through the form sheet out, tropical storm in the area means wind and water.  Passing game will be hampered.  I call it a tossup.

Warren Sharp needs to take that tweet down. Pat Hammer was annoyed by it lol. Every weather guy has said the storm is slamming the area Saturday and it will either be gone by kickoff, or only quick light sprinkles will remain

6 minutes ago, arcane said:

Warren Sharp needs to take that tweet down. Pat Hammer was annoyed by it lol. Every weather guy has said the storm is slamming the area Saturday and it will either be gone by kickoff, or only quick light sprinkles will remain

🙏🙏🙏

Edited by Scott7975

1 hour ago, jletha said:

We have good TE depth.

I like Morris, dude has some surprising athleticism

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, chongli said:

The look alike thread seems to be all in good fun. You might just be offended very easily.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, jletha said:

We have good TE depth.

i was going to come in and post something similar; Q has some juice and while we don’t want Knox to miss significant time I think we will be fine this week if he can’t go. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Good sign for the players that have been on the injury report this week.

Well...participate doesn't mean fully...some will likely be limited participants I am assuming...will know exactly how promising based on the final injury report.

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He's more than looked the part as many of us expected.  While it's been nice to see him involved, I honestly believe he should see even more targets.  I thought this before I saw these numbers based on film study I've done, but man.....these numbers are insane.  Over 4 yards of separation on pass routes?  That's crazy.  So yeah.....get this man some more targets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, sven233 said:

He's more than looked the part as many of us expected.  While it's been nice to see him involved, I honestly believe he should see even more targets.  I thought this before I saw these numbers based on film study I've done, but man.....these numbers are insane.  Over 4 yards of separation on pass routes?  That's crazy.  So yeah.....get this man some more targets.

If Josh wanted, I bet you kincaid could have like 7-10 catches per game, easy.

• Agree 1

Weather.com is saying that the biggest impact in Washington from the tropical storm will be on Saturday.  Sunday, they are predicting showers with 10 -15 mph winds.  That's enough to affect the game, but not enough to destroy any semblance of a passing offense.  Washington is already going to make a deep passing game difficult with their pass rush.  Too much wind will make it that much more difficult.  I expect Buffalo will make heavy use of a short passing game like they did versus the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.