Jets LB fined for tripping during the OT punt return

Scott7975

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Did we get our "sorry we f'd you over and caused your team to lose a game, it MAY have otherwise had a chance to win apology".  Or are we satisifed that some nobody has to pay the very poor NFL, $4,833 as compensation? 

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

They should've fined the officials for missing it.

Milano was fined almost 11k for his unsportsmanlike penalty. 😱

Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will cost you double the fine.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 5

But hey, let’s not complain about the refs in a close game on the road

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, if this dude wants to be salty about missed roughing penalties by the Bills, what about Q Williams throwing himself in the air and landing on Allen's head after Allen was already down?

Well, ***** meat Chris Gabe one of those penalties actually was a difference maker in the game

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

But hey, let’s not complain about the refs in a close game on the road

Well, ***** meat Chris Gabe one of those penalties actually was a difference maker in the game

This part of your sentence is now a madlib for me to figure out.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Did we get our "sorry we f'd you over and caused your team to lose a game, it MAY have otherwise had a chance to win apology".  Or are we satisifed that some nobody has to pay the very poor NFL, $4,833 as compensation? 

I never understand NFL fines. Fines that seem to be safety related don't seem to ever be much. Fines for other things usually seem to be ridiculous.  Like throwing the football to a fan after a TD is 5 grand.  

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I never understand NFL fines. Fines that seem to be safety related don't seem to ever be much. Fines for other things usually seem to be ridiculous.  Like throwing the football to a fan after a TD is 5 grand.  

Don't you know the cost of harvesting footballs?

The NFL cant just give those away.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Don't you know the cost of harvesting footballs?

The NFL cant just give those away.

I think my favorite one was Diggs and Spencer Brown taking the fans beer and Brown drinking it.  I thought that was hilarious. Then Diggs found the fan and sent them cases of beer.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

Always makes me angry when this happens - but we didn't really have business winning that game.

I'm tired of this by definition pathetic loser mentality.  You overcome and win.  Do we hand back wins where we didn't play our best?  Are we owed a win if we play well but fall short?  We were denied even a chance to overcome the situation we were in.  Were you upset when Josh persevered and got us to overtime, or were you rooting for Bass to miss the FG because we "didn't deserve it"?

It never should have come down to that.  And even if they call it there's no saying the Jets don't kick a field goal anyway, or Allen doesn't throw INT #4 on our second OT drive, or a meteor doesn't hit the stadium.  Don't put yourself in a position where you need a flag on a punt return TD to not lose to Zach Wilson.  AGAIN.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

I’m suing Josh Allen for mental anguish and psychological damages 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

It never should have come down to that.  And even if they call it there's no saying the Jets don't kick a field goal anyway, or Allen doesn't throw INT #4 on our second OT drive, or a meteor doesn't hit the stadium.  Don't put yourself in a position where you need a flag on a punt return TD to not lose to Zach Wilson.  AGAIN.

If F’s and butts were candy and nuts

they still have to make the field goal, which there is no guarantee that they would’ve gotten into position for

If you expect for your franchise QB to throw an interception and overtime you might as will find another ***** team

How big where the offensive pass interference barely touched him call on Diggs on the final drive and this missed tripping call in OT? 
Why am I not surprised that neither went against the Jets…on a Monday night…at home…on 911.

I look forward to the Cowboys dismantling them in less than 24 hours. 

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If F’s and butts were candy and nuts

they still have to make the field goal, which there is no guarantee that they would’ve gotten into position for

If you expect for your franchise QB to throw an interception and overtime you might as will find another ***** team

You are ruining his predisposed narrative that the Bills would have lost the game anyway. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

Yeah this was straight BS. Completely changed the outcome of the whole game. Would’ve put them 10 yards back if called and forced them to get in FG range. Either way, there’s no way the refs are going to throw that flag on the Jets on a game winning punt return. Sometimes I hate the NFL bc I know these types of non-calls are emotionally based. Good on the Jets. They won’t go far with Zack Wilson so enjoy the victory. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I hate this mentality. It was a defensive game where both offenses struggled heavily. There is a reason that tripping is illegal. 

I don’t usually blame an outcome on refs, but the NFL is ADMITTING there were 3 personal fouls during this game that were not called? That is insane. That’s at least 30 yards of field position , 20 at least BEFORE OT ever occurred, that should have been called?  What if those yards were during a single drive ; at a minimum it was at least another two first downs that were denied and the associated series of downs for the BILLS. It’s not a huge stretch to imagine how those errors might cost a fg or at field position  that may have ended with a BILLS score , and certainly with the leg whip the winning TD would have come back.

The league already looked incompetent with not calling all the false start penalties in the CHIEFS game, i believe , on the OT setting in the backfield and moving before the snap. Wow, this is why I’m glad i have never placed a bet on any NFL game.  What good does going back after the fact and fining players do?  Like someone else said, maybe  the refs should be fined or at least forced to miss a game.  I just don’t understand the reason to make this known now; wouldn’t it be better handled privately with the refs involved, as making it public doesn’t repair anything that resulted from missing the calls ?

So the issue  is these “ missed” , non-calls were so bad that the NFL  felt it necessary to levy fines because the plays were possibly dangerous enough that injuries could have happened ?  It’s hard to fathom that many significant penalties  were missed by this crew in a nationally televised game where you would think the best crew/ refs  would be working. I could “ understand” missing maybe ONE personal foul , but missing 3 major penalties in a MNF game?  And all 3 were missed in favor of the JETS!?  That is disgraceful for this still to be happening in the age of replay, and yet there is no recourse even when the leg whip was pointed out by the broadcasting team at the time!

It’s no wonder you hear or see conspiracy people all over the internet complaining that NFL games are scripted !  Lol. That’S worse than someone throwing 3 ints because MULTIPLE PEOPLE WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR MISSING THOSE CALLS. Well, hope the script features a BILLS win tomorrow !!  Good luck to those of you smart enough to  figure out how to pick winners against a spread with this craziness added in ! Go BILLS!   Unbelievable,,,only the BILLS. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Of all the fan complaints from that game, this ranked dead last. penalty changes nothing, we had already decided we were losing 8mins before this..... and that said, if u slow it down, inspect it, get philosophical, he makes a subtle'ish half effort to extend the leg a little bit. if the penalty happened at the punt catch, sure im furious, but i cant bring myself to care about it.

sure would be a nice perk if the nfl used it as an example of punishing a ref crew, even mildly, about missing calls... that would actually add value. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm tired of this by definition pathetic loser mentality.  You overcome and win.  Do we hand back wins where we didn't play our best?  Are we owed a win if we play well but fall short?  We were denied even a chance to overcome the situation we were in.  Were you upset when Josh persevered and got us to overtime, or were you rooting for Bass to miss the FG because we "didn't deserve it"?

Were we mad when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??  Damn right we were. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.