Jets LB fined for tripping during the OT punt return

Scott7975

This is like a late kick in the teeth after you've already been to the dentist.

I had put this behind me the next day but damn...this sucks. I agree we played like poo but every year there are one to two games for every team where you play like poo but SCRAPE out the win, and that win ends up being the division or home field advantage. There's really no BETTER time for a game like that than game 1, you have all season to correct. Oh well.

Assuming we pull our  ***** together....sure hope we're not one game behind  KC or BAL at end of season...be hard not to look back at this.

10 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I don’t usually blame an outcome on refs, but the NFL is ADMITTING there were 3 personal fouls during this game that were not called? That is insane. That’s at least 30 yards of field position , 20 at least BEFORE OT ever occurred, that should have been called?  What if those yards were during a single drive ; at a minimum it was at least another two first downs that were denied and the associated series of downs for the BILLS. It’s not a huge stretch to imagine how those errors might cost a fg or at field position  that may have ended with a BILLS score , and certainly with the leg whip the winning TD would have come back.

The league already looked incompetent with not calling all the false start penalties in the CHIEFS game, i believe , on the OT setting in the backfield and moving before the snap. Wow, this is why I’m glad i have never placed a bet on any NFL game.  What good does going back after the fact and fining players do?  Like someone else said, maybe  the refs should be fined or at least forced to miss a game.  I just don’t understand the reason to make this known now; wouldn’t it be better handled privately with the refs involved, as making it public doesn’t repair anything that resulted from missing the calls ?

So the issue  is these “ missed” , non-calls were so bad that the NFL  felt it necessary to levy fines because the plays were possibly dangerous enough that injuries could have happened ?  It’s hard to fathom that many significant penalties  were missed by this crew in a nationally televised game where you would think the best crew/ refs  would be working. I could “ understand” missing maybe ONE personal foul , but missing 3 major penalties in a MNF game?  And all 3 were missed in favor of the JETS!?  That is disgraceful for this still to be happening in the age of replay, and yet there is no recourse even when the leg whip was pointed out by the broadcasting team at the time!

It’s no wonder you hear or see conspiracy people all over the internet complaining that NFL games are scripted !  Lol. That’S worse than someone throwing 3 ints because MULTIPLE PEOPLE WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR MISSING THOSE CALLS. Well, hope the script features a BILLS win tomorrow !!  Good luck to those of you smart enough to  figure out how to pick winners against a spread with this craziness added in ! Go BILLS!   Unbelievable,,,only the BILLS. 

This.  In a game so close, every penalty could have helped.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Defensive holdings that should of gotten called.

Tripping.

Late Hits

JA's head bounce off the turf on one of them.

JA's Head bounce off a helmet on another

Lack of Penalties called on the other side of the ball.

Leaves me to just one question..

Who got paid after that Monday night game. 

Most of the top end QB's low on total yards...

We know Vegas got paid.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, everyone's a fan of their team and the play in general, but I know of few if any people that are fans of the NFL as an organization itself.  

Agreed. on the NFL.com lol

I was just looking at the NFL fines for that game. Jets got 3 from their player.

They got Milano for taunting.

Those need to all be penalties as the Punt play affected the game

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

Agreed. on the NFL.com lol

I was just looking at the NFL fines for that game. Jets got 3 from their player.

They got Milano for taunting.

Those need to all be penalties as the Punt play affected the game

Apparently the masses had too much money in Vegas on the Bills. 

I'm joking, .... or am I.    LOL 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.