Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

What a weird week, Terry accused of saying something racist when the person accusing him never actually heard him say it (and Terry vehemently denies as he should). 

Now Maddy Glad slanders Diggs on a hot mic and he’s furious.  Can’t make this stuff up. 

Too much off the field drama this week

It's crazy, right? All this AFTER our QB morphed into something unrecognizable only 3 days ago.

What a time.

58 minutes ago, julian said:

Like many of the former player pundits on tv talking daily, your friend just proves being a former player has no more credibility than my next door neighbour, and he’s a postman.

And a British one as well it seems!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The truth hurts and the fact that Diggs is this offended about something this trivial says a lot about him.  And it’s the reason this story got any oxygen in the first place because the dude is volatile and now bordering on toxic.  

If you were him and all you heard daily was how someone else said something not true about you….you may think differently.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, major said:

I’ll leave this here. Friend of mine who used to play in nfl told me today that our bills need to get rid of Diggs. He felt he was in the head of Allen and coaches. He said, “your qb is too concerned with getting him the ball to keep him happy”. He said “time for him to go, just like it was time for him to go in Minnesota”. Again, I only say this because my friend used to play and understands team dynamics 

the QB should be making an effort to get him the ball. He’s the best weapon on offense and it’s not remotely close

59 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

diggs has consistently been back and forth between incredibly image conscious and kind of a jerk. 

It is one of the struggles this board has with trying to put him in a box. He’s a charming, engaging and thoughtful guy that can quickly be arrogant and a first class ass at times. 

I’m sorry, do you know him personally? No? Okay cool. 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

It sounds like she lied, otherwise i don’t think he’d be this furious.  And if she lied about saying that to her face, she should be shown the door. 

it was clearly meant in a “joking manner” but unfortunately someone had a mic on. Perhaps intentionally….

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

I’m not suprised considering Fathead Whitlock of all people straight up said he wants out because he prefers better strip clubs, among other things. Probably a very frustrating experience for Diggs, the talking heads wrecked him this off-season. Glib is just unfortunate collateral damage

This. After a while, people spreading fake rumors about you would get really annoying.

• Eyeroll 1

• Reed83HOF changed the title to Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet
3 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I don’t like that she and others pretend to be “reporters” or anything close to objective. Their roles feel icky to me. 

Which is exactly why a paid propagandist of the Bills should be keeping her mouth shut about any players but especially the #2 guy on the team. I mean her job is to toe the company line and promote whatever story lines the Bills media department wants to get out there.

Talking crap about your #2 star player, whether it was in jest or not, is a bad look for her and the franchise

It’s not misogynistic to say an employee of the Bills caught on tape talking smack about a player is an idiot. I’d say the same thing about Chris Brown or Sal C but Sal wouldn’t say a negative word about the Bills if you had a gun to his head.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The way Diggs addresses the Maddy Glab hot mic comments makes me think he’s legit hurt by it.

I don’t know if she’s speaking out of pocket for clout amongst the reporters or if some things that have been said were taken out of context, but I didn’t expect Diggs to react this way and that’s probably due to my preconceived notions of him .. which is clearly what he’s sick of fighting upstream against. 

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The way Diggs addresses the Maddy Glab hot mic comments makes me think he’s legit hurt by it.

I don’t know if she’s speaking out of pocket for clout amongst the reporters or if some things that have been said were taken out of context, but I didn’t expect Diggs to react this way and that’s probably due to my preconceived notions of him .. which is clearly what he’s sick of fighting upstream against. 

agree, I kind of figured that if he caught wind of what she said, he’d just brush it off.

• Agree 1

I am sure reporters in all sports say these kind of things based on the interactions they've had with players and they likely exaggerate them too because all things sound petty once you say them out loud. But I really doubt they say it in the media room. It's just flat out dumb even if she was truly joking. Go say that over a beer the Saturday before a game. Don't say it in that situation. 

All off-season Diggs has had to hear about how he's a problem from the national media. Now the local media says it too. He should be pissed 

• Agree 1

Just now, stlbills13 said:

I am sure reporters in all sports say these kind of things based on the interactions they've had with players and they likely exaggerate them too because all things sound petty once you say them out loud. But I really doubt they say it in the media room. It's just flat out dumb even if she was truly joking. Go say that over a beer the Saturday before a game. Don't say it in that situation. 

All off-season Diggs has had to hear about how he's a problem from the national media. Now the local media says it too. He should be pissed 

Well Diggs brought a lot of that on himself by showing up Josh on the sideline, leaving the locker room and the team, deleting his social media of Bills, cyrptic posts, leaving first day of mandatory OTAs, and letting the story fester all summer!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

All of us thinking surely this year will be less drama-filled than last year. 

One week later..

Bills lose.  Our QB Benjamin Buttons himself back to his rookie year.  Owner has bizarro second hand racist allegations levied against him.  Local reporter trashes our star WR on a hot mic.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This whole thing is different, but brings back memories of what happened a couple years ago with the Carolina Hurricanes "girl reporter".   She was local, went to NC State, started as the in-arena host for promos and stuff, then worked her way up to pre/post game host.  She was universally looooooved - people were already preparing for the day she would be lost to national coverage.  Then it came out she had an affair with one of the (married) players (was enaged to one of the NC State assistant football coaches at the time) - and just like that her career was over.  I understand different circumstances but crazy how sometimes things can turn in a blink of an eye.  

• Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Regardless of what Diggs says her comments are taken out of context. He should understand this - he's a smart guy.

This is a nothing story and Diggs should have ignored it. 

Him talking about it just increases the drama.

IMO

I agree partially. From his standpoint, he must be really tired of hearing people making stuff up about him.

It’s literally been a story every single week….even after he went out of his way to be clear and end it

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Regardless of what Diggs says her comments are taken out of context. He should understand this - he's a smart guy.

This is a nothing story and Diggs should have ignored it. 

Him talking about it just increases the drama.

IMO

“I like to poke the bear” - Stefon Diggs

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, SCBills said:

All of us thinking surely this year will be less drama-filled than last year. 

One week later..

Bills lose.  Our QB Benjamin Buttons himself back to his rookie year.  Owner has bizarro second hand racist allegations levied against him.  Local reporter trashes our star WR on a hot mic.  

And just for the hell of it they ended a HOF QB’s season four plays in and possibly his career.

3 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

All you white knights riding to Maddy’s defense can contribute to her Go Fund Me when she’s on the unemployment line.

I have no idea if she’s good or bad because I don’t listen to Bills Propaganda Reporters (including Sal C). 

What I do know is that if you are a paid member of a franchise’s media team you DO NOT trash the star players even in jest. 

Why? Because some idiot will record it and post it on the internet and YOU become a key player in yet another franchise distraction.

That’s a fireable offense. Period. Has nothing to do with how ridiculous the whole situation is (because it’s really nothing). It’s the sheer idiocy of putting yourself and the team in a bad light when you are PAID by the team.

You must be a hoot at parties…take it easy. 

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Quick … fire her and ruin her career. Isn’t that what we do now?

I never root for anyone to lose employment. It sucks. 

But what she was stupid. 

I hope she doesn’t get fired. But if she does, I would understand why. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Quick … fire her and ruin her career. Isn’t that what we do now?

It is if Stefon Diggs is bothered by it and doesn't accept her apology, which it seems he is and he doesn't. 

Had Diggs not said anything about it, I could see a chance she kept the job. But when you're a reporter employed by the team and you publicly (knowingly or unknowingly) disparage one of the biggest stars on the team and it causes a problem - that's a hard one to come back from.

Unfortunately, she's too far down the totem pole to be causing issues with someone who is much more important in that building and get away with it. 

I don't think anyone's rooting for someone to lose their job here. But this is a "it is what it is" type of situation. Diggs may not technically be her boss - but the idea's the same. If you get caught on a recording talking down someone above you and they don't just laugh it off, you're probably going to get fired.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It is if Stefon Diggs is bothered by it and doesn't accept her apology, which it seems he is and he doesn't. 

Had Diggs not said anything about it, I could see a chance she kept the job. But when you're a reporter employed by the team and you publicly (knowingly or unknowingly) disparage one of the biggest stars on the team and it causes a problem - that's a hard one to come back from.

Unfortunately, she's too far down the totem pole to be causing issues with someone who is much more important in that building and get away with it. It just is what it is. 

“Glab wants hotter men and better male strippers. I stick to my story.” Stephen A.

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

in context, was meant to be a joke….clearly it’s not funny to the person on the other end of it. Especially when the media has intentionally created a false narrative on him

I understand that and I'm sure Diggs would of found it funny if she said it to him. But she was talking behind his back as if what she was saying was factual.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.