Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

Just now, NewEra said:

Talking smack about one of your employers most important assets is never a tolerable offense.  Especially when you’re slandering their character.  She’s got to go imo, but she’s Kims girl, so I’m eager to see how they handle this.  

If anything Diggs feels bad that she would even think that about him, doesn't sound like he wants her fired. Nothing a little face to face couldn't fix

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not suprised considering Fathead Whitlock of all people straight up said he wants out because he prefers better strip clubs, among other things. Probably a very frustrating experience for Diggs, the talking heads wrecked him this off-season. Glib is just unfortunate collateral damage

Edited by Nelius

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

I am surprised Diggs is responding to this and even more surprised he is bothered by it...but I wonder if he has only seen the quotes and not listened to the actual conversation.

Stef's main weakness as a player is that he lets trash-talking DBs get under his skin. Remember Jaire Alexander last year? Remember Eli Apple in the playoffs? So I'm not surprised that he was offended by this.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Stef's main weakness as a player is that he lets trash-talking DBs get under his skin. Remember Jaire Alexander last year? Remember Eli Apple in the playoffs? So I'm not surprised that he was offended by this.

If she was actually trash talking him then sure I would get it...but I think this whole thing has been taken out of context

And I'm not a huge fan of hers to begin with and I'm a huge Diggs fan so I'm not coming into this from a place of bias but I hate to see someone get raked over the coals by the masses for something so innocent.  I HATEEEE the cancel culture world we live in nowadays

What a weird week, Terry accused of saying something racist when the person accusing him never actually heard him say it (and Terry vehemently denies as he should). 

Now Maddy Glad slanders Diggs on a hot mic and he’s furious.  Can’t make this stuff up. 

Too much off the field drama this week

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

There's an old saying about people that can't take a joke.  Stef needs to grow the ***** up.

You have to see it in the context of the stuff that was said in the offseason, the stuff Whitlock wrote, and the Buffalo News story from last week about how much he yells at his teammates. He's in damage control mode.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

You have to see it in the context of the stuff that was said in the offseason, the stuff Whitlock wrote, and the Buffalo News story from last week about how much he yells at his teammates. He's in damage control mode.

OK, I'll buy that.  But this was so clearly a joke that Stef had an opportunity to be an adult, and he squandered it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

There's an old saying about people that can't take a joke.  Stef needs to grow the ***** up.

Talking heads got him wrong all off-season to the point where “fans” here were even questioning him. Buffalo’s not cool enough or whatever, he’s not getting along with Josh, he doesn’t care about winning, etc etc etc. All nonsense

It’s possibly bad timing and a poor target but I’m not the least bit surprised that he’s firing back at this point

Edited by Nelius
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

What a weird week, Terry accused of saying something racist when the person accusing him never actually heard him say it (and Terry vehemently denies as he should). 

Now Maddy Glad slanders Diggs on a hot mic and he’s furious.  Can’t make this stuff up. 

Too much off the field drama this week

And too much on the field "drama" too (Rodgers out, Allen's issues, circus catch, special teams' score in OT)!!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Talking heads got him wrong all off-season to the point where “fans” here were even questioning him. Buffalo’s not cool enough or whatever, he’s not getting along with Josh, he doesn’t care about winning, etc etc etc. All nonsense

It’s possibly bad timing and a poor target but I’m not the least bit surprised that he’s firing back at this point

Imagine the media's positive reaction if Stef had said "Hey, Maddy was just joking around.  We're good.", and left it at that.  It would have gone a long way with them.  If she loses her job?  The press room will look like this when Stef hits the mic:

giphy.gif

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

All you white knights riding to Maddy’s defense can contribute to her Go Fund Me when she’s on the unemployment line.

I have no idea if she’s good or bad because I don’t listen to Bills Propaganda Reporters (including Sal C). 

What I do know is that if you are a paid member of a franchise’s media team you DO NOT trash the star players even in jest. 

Why? Because some idiot will record it and post it on the internet and YOU become a key player in yet another franchise distraction.

That’s a fireable offense. Period. Has nothing to do with how ridiculous the whole situation is (because it’s really nothing). It’s the sheer idiocy of putting yourself and the team in a bad light when you are PAID by the team.

Imagine the positive reaction if Stef had said "Hey, Maddy was just joking around.  We're good.", and left it at that.  The positive reaction from the media would have been substantial.  If she loses her job?  The press room will look like this when Stef hits the mic:

image.png.8bafc436b1ca680f5d3702a08e7b7333.png

6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.  Diggs comes out like that then there are going to be a whole bunch of people talking badly about her anyways (this is prior to what I assume would end up being racial and/or sexist comments about her from the mob).  

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.  Diggs comes out like that then there are going to be a whole bunch of people talking badly about her anyways (this is prior to what I assume would end up being racial and/or sexist comments about her from the mob).  

Yes, the misogynists will have their day, but Stef would have put himself above the fray.  Now he's in the thick of it.

Imagine the media's positive reaction if Stef had said "Hey, Maddy was just joking around.  We're good.", and left it at that.  It would have gone a long way with them.  If she loses her job?  The press room will look like this when Stef hits the mic:

giphy.gif

Hard to argue. Also wouldn’t be surprised if we see Diggs backpedal and try to save her if she does in fact get canned. I absolutely get the frustration but the target may have not been the best 

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll leave this here. Friend of mine who used to play in nfl told me today that our bills need to get rid of Diggs. He felt he was in the head of Allen and coaches. He said, “your qb is too concerned with getting him the ball to keep him happy”. He said “time for him to go, just like it was time for him to go in Minnesota”. Again, I only say this because my friend used to play and understands team dynamics 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Talking smack about one of your employers most important assets is never a tolerable offense.  Especially when you’re slandering their character.  She’s got to go imo, but she’s Kims girl, so I’m eager to see how they handle this.  

Seemed pretty lighthearted to me, but everyone reacts differently I guess.    I'd rather see Jason Whitlock lose his job over the sh*t he spews about Diggs.

1 hour ago, major said:

I’ll leave this here. Friend of mine who used to play in nfl told me today that our bills need to get rid of Diggs. He felt he was in the head of Allen and coaches. He said, “your qb is too concerned with getting him the ball to keep him happy”. He said “time for him to go, just like it was time for him to go in Minnesota”. Again, I only say this because my friend used to play and understands team dynamics 

Unfortunately, the salary cap and his contract has him here for at least this season.  He's also the only player who showed up last week, so we're willing to put up with a lot of crap because he's the best offensive player on the team by far right now.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

2 minutes ago, major said:

Like many of the former player pundits on tv talking daily, your friend just proves being a former player has no more credibility than my next door neighbour, and he’s a postman.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, julian said:

Like many of the former player pundits on tv talking daily, your friend just proves being a former player has no more credibility than my next door neighbour, and he’s a postman.

I beg to differ. Former players, whether on tv or not, bring a perspective that we just don’t understand 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, major said:

How did you become friends with Michael Irvin?

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It sounds like she lied, otherwise i don’t think he’d be this furious.  And if she lied about saying that to her face, she should be shown the door. 

diggs has consistently been back and forth between incredibly image conscious and kind of a jerk. 

It is one of the struggles this board has with trying to put him in a box. He’s a charming, engaging and thoughtful guy that can quickly be arrogant and a first class ass at times. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Lost said:

Seemed pretty lighthearted to me, but everyone reacts differently I guess.    I'd rather see Jason Whitlock lose his job over the sh*t he spews about Diggs.

Dude works for Blaze. Pretty sure it’s impossible to get fired from that outfit. The next rung down from that place is the ground

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Lost said:

I hear ya, it’s a bit harsh for sure.  There are things you do and things you don’t do.  I can understand giving her a pass based on Diggs’ reaction.  I think he may have saved her job by apologizing himself.  

Whitlock is terrible for sure, but he and Diggs don’t work for the same company. Maddy should know better 

26 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

diggs has consistently been back and forth between incredibly image conscious and kind of a jerk. 

It is one of the struggles this board has with trying to put him in a box. He’s a charming, engaging and thoughtful guy that can quickly be arrogant and a first class ass at times. 

She probably thought by preemptively apologizing this would be squashed quickly. But Diggs is as unpredictable as a Tiger, and he ramped it up to Defcon 1 in the blink of an eye.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

If anything Diggs feels bad that she would even think that about him, doesn't sound like he wants her fired. Nothing a little face to face couldn't fix

It sounds to me like he does want her fired. I think if he didn't, he would have said something positive about her, publicly forgave her, or publicly said he doesn't want anything to happen to her. He chose not to do any of those things.

I could have missed it, but I didn't hear Maddy in any of today's press conferences. 🙁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.