Do You Still "TRUST THE PROCESS"?

HIT BY SPIKES

I always attempt to show some restraint not to over react to just one game negatively or positively however the pattern is pretty obvious now.

13 seconds

Bengals Play-offs' earlier this year

Last night (name to follow)

We find ways to lose.

I appreciate to the fans who have lived through the dark ages post-Jimbo have an admiration for this current Bills regime for getting us back into the play-offs on a regular basis, securing a true franchise QB and bringing Buffalo Proud back to the Buffalo Bills fandom.

I get that.

"Saviours" may be too highly a label to bestow upon this regime given Terry Pegula already took that title for first buying the Buffalo Sabres and then the Buffalo Bills and securing their futures in Buffalo.

I also get that.

However:

(1) Does Sean McDermott have what it takes to win the biggest games?  

(2) Sean McDermott is said to be a defensive minded coach and has been there for a number of years banging the table for an one sided investment of high draft picks, salary cap and free agency pursuits into the defensive side of the ball yet our defence and special teams continue to collapse in pivotal times of key games.  Why?

(3) Is Beane's inability to build an average NFL OL to give our franchise QB an extra 1/4 second to scan the field before making a decision to pass, run or throw the ball away or to allow us to run the ball successfully when we have a 10 point lead a fundamental obstacle to this regimes ability to finally deliver us a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Championship?

(4) Do you still TRUST THE PROCESSTM?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Honestly, no.

If Allen grows up, I do think we're talented enough to win a Super Bowl despite McDermott/Dorsey, but having a Defensive HC was always going to be an issue in terms of long term stability in a passing league where every other top QB has a year in/year out stable Offensive mind leading the team. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

This regime is on the fade out. The roster will need an overhaul after this season and hopefully Beane and McDermott won’t be making those decisions.

If the season goes bad this needs to happen but I don’t think it does 

• Agree 1

Yeah this team isn't going to win because of McD, but rather despite him.

The league has figured out Allen. 

The league has figured out that the Bills statistically dominant D can be run against and always gets soft in crunch time

Beane has largely refused to address the OL (maybe a little better this year?  wouldnt know from last night) but keeps spending high draft picks on gimmick players and stockpiling middling D linemen

McD is an old skool defensive minded coach playing checkers and everyone else is creating 4D chess offenses.

Long story short, yeah they might backdoor into the playoffs this year but unless Allen gets his head strait 8-9 wins is probably the ceiling, and we're right back to the middle draft slot trap

• Agree 2

Just now, CountDorkula said:

I think you need to go read the trotted thread about your 3rd point. 

it’s kind of concerning if true. 

Yeah I read it.  And yeah if true it is a bad quote.  When I look at ownership I look at four things.

Will they spend for players 

Will they spend for coaches and staff

will they spend on facilities

Are they liquid to manipulate the cap, but stay out of the football decisions

I think this ownership group does all that.

Now the out of that area, and you know being a good Human, yeah if that quote is legit Terry is a POS with that quote and thought process.

No reason not to at this point.

We lost 3 games last year by a total of 8 points.  We fizzled in the postseason - but there were some extraordinary circumstances at play that didn't relate to the process.

I'm not going to overreact to 1 game, the 1st game of the 2023 season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, zevo said:

If the season goes bad this needs to happen but I don’t think it does 

Well, if that quote from Terry is true, there will be big big changes. Although, Jerry Jones has been a known scumbag for years, and he is still the owner of one of the most storied sports franchises. Unfortunately, money runs the world. 

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

This regime is on the fade out. The roster will need an overhaul after this season and hopefully Beane and McDermott won’t be making those decisions.

What would Veach/Reid do after this season, given our cap situation, regardless of how it ends?

I'd guess that they would cut Morse, Tre and Poyer, while letting Hyde and Davis walk.  Sign a RT and then draft a WR2 early and go young on Defense.  

What will we do?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I'm not really certain what the "process" is anymore.

We have gone through 5 different coordinators (3 OC, 1 DC, 1 ST) and the high point is still getting blown out in the AFC Championship Game 3 years ago.

The process is McD blaming the coordinators for his own stupidity

Just now, SCBills said:

What would Veach/Reid do after this season, given our cap situation, regardless of how it ends?

I'd guess that they would cut Morse, Tre and Poyer, while letting Hyde and Davis walk.  Sign a RT and then draft a WR2 early and go young on Defense.  

What will we do?

resign the oldest players to the biggest contracts

then draft 4 high motor undersized DEs

rest of draft is for defensive backfield

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Well, if that quote from Terry is true, there will be big big changes. Although, Jerry Jones has been a known scumbag for years, and he is still the owner of one of the most storied sports franchises. Unfortunately, money runs the world. 

As much as Jerry Jones is too directly hands on and he is just a wart of a human being, his passion to win can never be questioned.

Would Jerry Jones tolerate the big game losses the Bills have taken over the past few years without doing something?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I'm not really certain what the "process" is anymore.

We have gone through 5 different coordinators (3 OC, 1 DC, 1 ST) and the high point is still getting blown out in the AFC Championship Game 3 years ago.

They’ve said part of the process is retaining your home grown (familiar) talent. Which is a faulty strategy when you don’t draft well.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This has been the second best run of bills success in my lifetime. Last night sucked and it could come back to haunt us at the end of the season. 

but some of you need Xanax. 

It was the second best run of Bills success in your lifetime. Congrats. But now it’s ending.

• Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I always attempt to show some restraint not to over react to just one game negatively or positively however the pattern is pretty obvious now.

13 seconds

We find ways to lose.

I appreciate to the fans who have lived through the dark ages post-Jimbo have an admiration for this current Bills regime for getting us back into the play-offs on a regular basis, securing a true franchise QB and bringing Buffalo Proud back to the Buffalo Bills fandom.

I get that.

"Saviours" may be too highly a label to bestow upon this regime given Terry Pegula already took that title for first buying the Buffalo Sabres and then the Buffalo Bills and securing their futures in Buffalo.

I also get that.

However:

(2) Sean McDermott is said to be a defensive minded coach and has been there for a number of years banging the table for an one sided investment of high draft picks, salary cap and free agency pursuits into the defensive side of the ball yet our defence and special teams continue to collapse in pivotal times of key games.  Why?

(3) Is Beane's inability to build an average NFL OL to give our franchise QB an extra 1/4 second to scan the field before making a decision to pass, run or throw the ball away or to allow us to run the ball successfully when we have a 10 point lead a fundamental obstacle to this regimes ability to finally deliver us a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Championship?

No,,,,gave away a road divisional game AFTER THE OPPONENT LOST THEIR HOF STARTING QB , AND BLEW A 10 POINT HALF TIME LEAD WHILE BEING UNABLE TO CONTROL THE FRANCHISE , QUARTER BILLION DOLLAR QB WHO REPEATEDLY SAYS “ I CANT DO THAT” REGARDING TURNOVERS. THEN AGAIN FOUND YET ANOTHER WAY TO HAVE A SPECTACULAR WALK OFF LOSS AFTER PULLING EVEN FOR OT!  This process will always fail under the pressure of sudden death as history has proven and winning a SB IS THE ULTIMATE SUDDEN Death situation.  Allen is now 0-5 in OTand they seem to now expect to lose , just like the 90’s SB teams developed their self fulfilling prophecy after losing the first two SB’s. 

it was interesting to see the ever smug rodgers talking about being positive and thinking self manifestation and lecturing it to the young jets players. His psychobabble , holier than thou BS sure didn’t stop his ruptured Achilles from forming a visible ball in his left calf after it rolled up.  Sorry to say but i am over his appearances with Macafee who cant control his long winded , adhd type questions and ball washing just to keep rodgers appearing on tuesdays. Now because of ESPN hiring pat, Stephen a smith, smug, narcissistic a-hole #1 is now leading into pats show apparently. And was again bragging about the Diggs  hating b lo stuff. These guys are all insufferable. Mcd is at least a great man , but he has not delivered the promised trophy and the PROMINENT FAILS KEEP STACKING.  

Sorry , but if he cant deliver this year ( unlikely with crazy mlb situation, still with brown at RT , Dorsey as his OC), they should move on before wasting Allen’s entire prime!  Hurts to say , but last night was final nail in the coffin for the process for me. It’s about a SB TITLE, not just making  the playoffs.  

24 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:
33 minutes ago, MPL said:

I think the process was just a 5-year-plan to turn the team around, which it did. But now we're in year 6 and there is no process anymore. 

*Year 7 

"non-process years" all get lumped into one

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

13 seconds

We find ways to lose.

I get that.

I also get that.

However:

I'm not sure how to feel but i disagree about D and ST. The defense allowed 16 points. ST have generally been lights out.

If Josh Allen doesn’t go through one of the biggest transformations in NFL history from year 1 to year 3, there is no process…

Imo, it is highly unlikely Sean McDermott ever leads a team to a Super Bowl win, he is cut from the same cloth as a Marvin Lewis and Marty Schottenheimer (RIP).  He’s a good coach, a great leader of men, like Dan Campbell, but when it comes to the more cerebral aspects of coaching and in game management, McDermott gets lost in the shuffle.

Josh seems to have plateaued and lost that chip on his shoulder that drove him to make that leap from prospective bust to top 3 at the hardest position to play in pro sports...  He is far from stupid, one of the the highest wonderlic scores amongst active QBs, I just think off the field his head is everywhere except where it needs to be.

As for the man fueling said process, Beane’s inability to add offensive weapons to help Josh aside from Diggs is truly head scratching. There have been numerous opportunities to add another piece to get them over the top, but then they just keep signing players to the defensive side of the ball while trying to patch work the skill positions on offense.  
Hopefully Beane doesn’t stand pat and waste this year hoping Gabe Davis becomes a legit #2, and pulls the trigger on a trade for somebody like Hollywood Brown or another legit #2 (was hoping for Mike Evans) on a team looking to tank.

The process has taken us as far as it’s going to go, and as if they stand pat, they’ll be lucky to squeak into the wildcard.  

ADD Kirksey to the active roster 

ADD a legit #2 WR

Remove Ken Dorsey

Promote Joe Brady to OC

Hope the Josh pulls his head out of his arse, and the rest falls into place…

All of these things will happen, it’s just a matter of how long Beane is willing to let this dumpster fire burn?

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

He lost me when he started Peterman on the road in a playoff chase.

I've been an outspoken critic ever since and routinely beaten up on this board.

He is a nice man who did a great job with adversity last year.

He stole our best chance at a SuperBowl away from us with 13 seconds 

I don't believe in his roster management and special teams emphasis. Gilliam useless. Matakevich useless. So fitting to lose with Matakevich lying on the ground at the goal line looking useless. Bernard is the MLB equivalent of Peterman. 

I think our teams are mentally weak.

He has now messed up our franchise QB and only hope for a SB.

And we are stuck with him. He isn't going anywhere. It would take a 3-14 season and total player revolt to get rid of him now. That's not going to happen.

So like I said before the season started our only hope is Allen. Hopefully he turns it around.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.