Do You Still "TRUST THE PROCESS"?

HIT BY SPIKES

I’ll reserve my right to answer this until the end of the season. Bengals started out 4-4 last year. Chiefs dropped their first game to the freakin Lions. Let’s see if they can rebound. I doubt the Jets will go far with Zach Wilson. We’ll most likely have to split a head to head tie breaker with Miami for the division. 

I was done with McDermott when I witnessed him butcher 13 seconds.  Since then he's been getting a pass by at least 60% of this fan base.  Time for processes are over. The culture has been established.  But organizational mistakes both with personnel and game day calls has set this team back.  Good coaching matters. Until this ownership hires a dynamic offensive minded HC it will be rinse & repeat. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I always attempt to show some restraint not to over react to just one game negatively or positively however the pattern is pretty obvious now.

13 seconds

Bengals Play-offs' earlier this year

Last night (name to follow)

We find ways to lose.

I appreciate to the fans who have lived through the dark ages post-Jimbo have an admiration for this current Bills regime for getting us back into the play-offs on a regular basis, securing a true franchise QB and bringing Buffalo Proud back to the Buffalo Bills fandom.

I get that.

"Saviours" may be too highly a label to bestow upon this regime given Terry Pegula already took that title for first buying the Buffalo Sabres and then the Buffalo Bills and securing their futures in Buffalo.

I also get that.

However:

(1) Does Sean McDermott have what it takes to win the biggest games?  

(2) Sean McDermott is said to be a defensive minded coach and has been there for a number of years banging the table for an one sided investment of high draft picks, salary cap and free agency pursuits into the defensive side of the ball yet our defence and special teams continue to collapse in pivotal times of key games.  Why?

(3) Is Beane's inability to build an average NFL OL to give our franchise QB an extra 1/4 second to scan the field before making a decision to pass, run or throw the ball away or to allow us to run the ball successfully when we have a 10 point lead a fundamental obstacle to this regimes ability to finally deliver us a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Championship?

(4) Do you still TRUST THE PROCESSTM?

No!

Idk about the process but sometimes I think McD is fundamentally different, philosophically and temperamentally, than his stars on offence, who are high strung and sometimes overly aggressive. I wonder whether some of his in game decisions can have an adverse effect on momentum. I could be wrong but I didn’t agree with the decision to decline the 10 yard penalty in favour of forcing a fourth down and field goal attempt. To me it shows a lack of appreciation of the risk/reward profile. The most likely outcome if you accept the call is that the field goal attempt must negotiate a longer distance. Maybe doesn’t mean that much given the field position but I’d take it. After that there is probably as much a chance of a TO than there is of Wilson being able to accomplish a long third down conversion. This is Wilson, not Arod. Those three points were given away and they wound up being important. 

I never really did, but I have no choice but to be along for the ride as I have no power to change anything. If I were running this team I would have brought in some players with a nasty edge in the offseason, process be damned.  This team lacks violence and swagger outside of Milano. Nobody is scared to play the Bills.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This has been the second best run of bills success in my lifetime. Last night sucked and it could come back to haunt us at the end of the season. 

but some of you need Xanax. 

I just think many can see the writing on the wall sort of speak. 

Of course we Bills fans will hope for the best and still cling to the idea of winning it all. 

As each season passes under this regime it seemingly looks like that's not going to happen. At the very least blown opportunities to reach their goal. Yesterday was a blunt illustration of this. 

That's how I feel and i don't need a xanax either. 

3 hours ago, MPL said:

I think the process was just a 5-year-plan to turn the team around, which it did. But now we're in year 6 and there is no process anymore. 

Makes sense.

We don't want the Bills to ultra-processed like a hot dog or a frozen meal.

https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/a42790639/what-are-ultra-processed-foods/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=arb_ga_pre_md_pmx_ca_urlx_20300231468&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmICoBhDxARIsABXkXlJFSYhO9TzG0GdCKdy5X2OiEGY6mmio3_pjYTX2kbbGGpmPGQUWoYcaAhJeEALw_wcB

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This has been the second best run of bills success in my lifetime. Last night sucked and it could come back to haunt us at the end of the season. 

but some of you need Xanax. 

Can I have a bunch from your personal supply so I can get comfortably numb for Bills games?

3 hours ago, MPL said:

I think the process was just a 5-year-plan to turn the team around, which it did. But now we're in year 6 and there is no process anymore. 

Like Soviet 5-year plans? In that case, we should have sandbagged it for 2 years to get the plan lowered and then stormed for a year to achieve the 5-year plan in 3. I mean, it creates massive supply chain bottlenecks, but who cares as long as the factory manager gets a dacha?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I was done with McDermott when I witnessed him butcher 13 seconds.  Since then he's been getting a pass by at least 60% of this fan base.  Time for processes are over. The culture has been established.  But organizational mistakes both with personnel and game day calls has set this team back.  Good coaching matters. Until this ownership hires a dynamic offensive minded HC it will be rinse & repeat. 

I've been saying this for two years. No need for pats on the back here.

I'm just pleased others are finally starting to see it too. 

57 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I never really did, but I have no choice but to be along for the ride as I have no power to change anything. If I were running this team I would have brought in some players with a nasty edge in the offseason, process be damned.  This team lacks violence and swagger outside of Milano. Nobody is scared to play the Bills.

Soft is a good word to use. 

I got crucified for comparing this team to the Chargers. How ironic after week one both teams indeed couldn't finish their games. 

I’m in the minority but I stopped trusting the process in the snow game year 1 when McDermott didn’t go for it deep in Indi territory on 4th and 1 in a game they had to win because a tie results in no playoff and he punted the ball. Guy has been the same conservative loser since he took over and he still hasn’t learned a god dam thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.