The Bills will win if/The Jets will win if....

mjd1001

Or a slightly different take on the topic.  If the Bills win, what will be the 3 most likely reasons why...and If the Jets win, what will be the 3 most likely reasons why:

Bills win:

1. If it is possible Josh Allen has been under-rated this offseason.  He is and plays like one of the top 3 players in the league.

2. Jets Defense isn't as good as advertised. The talk about a defense that brings back memories of the 85 bears is just overdone

3. Aaron Rodgers is shot.  Maybe not bottom-5-QB-in-the-league-shot, but it is apparent his age has caught up to him and he is no longer a top 10 QB. He rushes many decisions and throws away plays to not get hit.

Jets win:

1.  Aaron Rodgers turns back the clock a few years and has a great game.

2.  Bills defense is a lot worse than we thought.  Their secondary is a step or two late to the receiver on most plays and they simply are not good enough to stop the running game.

3. Jets D is relentless in pressuring Allen and he simply has no time to make any plays

Bills win if they don't turn the ball over and keep the chains moving. I don't think they'll get out of this one with the big chunk plays and stall we became accustomed to last year. 

Jets win if the Bills can't get off the field and Cook/Hall tear us up. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills will win if they aren’t one dimensional. They couldn’t run the ball at all in both Jets games. That was mostly a interior line issue which we hope has been fixed.

The Bills will win if they realize the

other QB is going to the Hall of Fame but has a patchwork oline and really only one receiver. 
The Jets win if the Bills oline issues aren’t resolved. Josh will make plays but with no time it will be a Bengals game sequel.

The Jets win if The Bills can’t pressure Rogers and he has all day to throw. In other words I expect Leonard Floyd to destroy his matchup and even though I expect Aaron to make plays he’ll be on the turf enough to get happy feet. 

7 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

The script says it’s 9/11 in NYC and to help the morale and military recruitment , the Jets will win and a patriotic flyover is on tap, and a close up of fireman Joe in Jets gear with an American flag flapping. 

And the Chiefs lost, so the Bills need to lose so the non stop commentary of the next week can be about how the AFC is up for grabs, out with the old guard in with the new guard... blah blah blah.  

Bills win if Kincaid is everything we think he is and the day is not too big for him.  

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I expect both defensive lines to win their battles.

I would certainly agree. I think all the O-lines in the AFCE are fairly mediocre. The Jets probably have a slightly better D-line, and the Bills a slightly better O-line. The Bills are well set up for a lot of two TE formations, and I believe they ran these even with Morris and Joel Wilson in the preseason. I also think the Jets' TE Uzomah will be backing their O-line all day. It's going to be a tough battle, to be sure. I agree with @juno999 above that the team that protects their QB the best wins. But, I will add that if that battle is a wash, Josh Allen has the edge.

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Bills win if Josh is Josh. The O Line has to protect to their best abilities. 

Also, I know McBeane wants Josh to run less and so do I, but this game is one I would not discourage it.

We saw Thursday night that really good QBs (Mahomes) who can run, run a lot, if their receivers can't get open.  This will hold true for Josh Allen as well. 

• Agree 1

The Bills will win if:

• There are no interceptions--Josh.
  • Cook and company run for over 100 yards.
  • The Defense holds the Jets to less than 100 yards rushing.
  • The Defense sacks Aaron Rodgers 3+ times.
  • Tyler Bass makes at least three and does not miss any field goals

The Jets win if:

• Josh Allen throws two interceptions.
  • Hall and Cooks run all over the Bills = 150+ yards.
  • A-Rod throws for 300 yards.
  • The officials ignore Sauce's mugging act on the outside.
  • The Bills o-line implodes.
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

The Bills will win if:

• There are no interceptions--Josh.
  • Cook and company run for over 100 yards.
  • The Defense holds the Jets to less than 100 yards rushing.
  • The Defense sacks Aaron Rodgers 3+ times.
  • Tyler Bass makes at least three and does not miss any field goals

The Jets win if:

• Josh Allen throws two interceptions.
  • Hall and Cooks run all over the Bills = 150+ yards.
  • A-Rod throws for 300 yards.
  • The officials ignore Sauce's mugging act on the outside.
  • The Bills o-line implodes.

So if Josh throws one interception do we expect a tie😁

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GottaRun said:

And the Chiefs lost, so the Bills need to lose so the non stop commentary of the next week can be about how the AFC is up for grabs, out with the old guard in with the new guard... blah blah blah.  

Bills win if Kincaid is everything we think he is and the day is not too big for him.  

Really? All up to the rookie? 

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

If Josh plays one of his better games, makes quick throws, and we move the ball easily...we'll win.

If Josh struggles and Rodgers eats up our D like I think he might, we'll lose.

If Josh has an average Josh Allen game, Bills win easily.  The average Josh Allen game yielded a 13-3 season last year.  

Bills will win if:

They learn from last year.

After keeping the Bills offense contained in both games last year, I would have to think Saleh feels like he found the magic spell to quell Allen and the offense. Ken Dorsey has had the off-season to figure out what they did and what to do to counter it. The schedule has been out a while and knowing the Jets defense is up first it's given him ample time to prepare a gameplan to counter what the defense did to the Bills last year. This is a very telling game for what we have in Dorsey IMO.

Start Fast.

With all the extra meaning for the Jets and the way their players have been on social media all week BEGGING their fanbase to get there early and be loud (kind of pathetic they even need to ask, IMO) the game will likely kick off in a frenzied environment. The Jets are also a team that played much of last year with raw emotion and fed off that. IF YOU LET THEM THINK THEY CAN WIN...THEY WILL. Buffalo needs to come out and withstand the initial wave of emotion. A quick score or two to take the crowd out and cast doubt in the Jets mind would be HUGE.

Limit presnap penalties.

This game should end up close. The Bills CANNOT give in to mental mistakes that end up putting them behind the sticks. And you can't extend drives for the Jets with stupid penalties. 

The Jets will win if:

Buffalo makes mental mistakes.

Presnap penalties. Turnovers. Not executing. This is the best path to a Jet victory IMO. 

Fast Start.

They need to keep the building loud. They players need to believe they can win. They need to jump out early to show the world (and maybe even themselves) they aren't the "Same Old Jets". If they can do that the pressure to prove they belong lessens. 

Contain Josh Allen.

They did well in 2 games last year. Can they do it again? Physical, fast defense has been a thorn in Buffalo's side for a while now. Will the additions of rookies O'Cyrus Torrence and Dalton Kincaid help slow that down? The Jets need to get at Allen rushing 4. This allows them to deal with Buffalo's weapons in the pass and contain Allen in the pocket. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I would certainly agree. I think all the O-lines in the AFCE are fairly mediocre. The Jets probably have a slightly better D-line, and the Bills a slightly better O-line. The Bills are well set up for a lot of two TE formations, and I believe they ran these even with Morris and Joel Wilson in the preseason. I also think the Jets' TE Uzomah will be backing their O-line all day. It's going to be a tough battle, to be sure. I agree with @juno999 above that the team that protects their QB the best wins. But, I will add that if that battle is a wash, Josh Allen has the edge.

That depends on what Rogers shows up. Rogers when motivated is almost impossible to stop, but if Father Time has caught up to him then yes Allen is clearly better.. but if the Jets trail by less than a TD with 2 minutes left and Rogers gets the ball.. I’d be scared if I was a Bills fan.. this is the regular season, he doesn’t pee down his leg till the playoffs! Lol

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.