Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

On 9/8/2023 at 9:16 PM, Nextmanup said:

This game is in NYC on 9/11.

I assume they will do some god awful 9/11 tribute with cops, firefighters, and a huge American flag...

The game will probably start WAY late.

👎

This is downright embarrassing as an American 🇺🇸 citizen. You need to publicly apologize to this board for this ignorance. I have zero respect for you & your attitude on this. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

This is downright embarrassing as an American 🇺🇸 citizen. You need to publicly apologize to this board for this ignorance. I have zero respect for you & your attitude on this. 

As a 🇨🇦 citizen, who has been to the ‘Greatest Bar on Earth’ and witnessed every horrifying moment of 9-11-01, I found that opinion repulsive & bizarre!

First and foremost, it’s a ***** football game, not the murder of thousands of innocent persons from multiple countries through cowardly terrorism! Get your head out of your arse!

I expect and approve of some appropriate tribute EVERY freaking September 11 NFL football is played in NYC,from now to eternity!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, there's balanced, and there's balanced. When Daboll was running a pure spread offense, with no run game in '21, teams like the Dolphins, and Jags did figure out how to exploit it. I think they feel Cook is a key element because he only needs to be average as a running back, but with legit receiving skills. If we can trust Allen to read a defense, and execute an RPO, (we certainly can), then the balanced attack becomes a nightmare for opposing defenses. 

Which I know doesn't negate, or contradict your point. An RPO is "in Allen's hands," so to speak.

Didn’t we beat the Dolphins 35-0 and 26-11 in 2021? Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Didn’t we beat the Dolphins 35-0 and 26-11 in 2021? Lol

In week 8, the Dolphins' defense spent the first half of the game utterly frustrating the Bills' offense. After the half, the Bills adjusted, and the Dolphins dropped their scheme that had payed such dividends, and the Bills came back and dominated them. That was the 26-11 game. Later in the week, Urban Meyer, the Jags HC, was asked about the first half of the Bills v. Fish game, and if he had seen a weakness in the Bills offense. He answered in remarkably detailed terms, and basically spelled out what he had seen, and why the Dolphins had been successful with it (albeit, only in the first half). Essentially, cover zero sub six. And the following weekend, that is exactly what the Jags did to beat the Bills.

I remember being stunned that Meyer would show his hand so freely, and in such detail-- that's why I remembered the Dolphins game. Be that as it may, I stand by my remarks to ScottLaw.

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

It’s very possible the Bills could be sole #1 in the AFCE after the Jets clobbering on Monday. Patriots play the Eagles and Miami plays the Chargers. All 3 of them have a very real chance of starting 0-1. Please make it happen, football gods 🙏

Grab it this week and never look back.

21 minutes ago, Negan said:

Surprising, my professional bettor friend says to put the mortgage on Bills money line.

All 5 of my 6 professional bettor friends are all heavy on the jets.  The only one that isn’t hasn’t returned my text yet.  So he might be too

36 minutes ago, Negan said:

Surprising, my professional bettor friend says to put the mortgage on Bills money line.

Hope your friend is right. Best scenario for me is the Bills win by 1 or 2 points. 

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

All 5 of my 6 professional bettor friends are all heavy on the jets.  The only one that isn’t hasn’t returned my text yet.  So he might be too

The few reports I've seen says the "sharps" are pounding the Jets. They aren't always right either. 

We will find out soon. 

I just think the Bills have a lot to overcome on the road on 9/11 in NY. 

Don't get me wrong the Bills can definitely win the game. They are favored too win it. 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Hope your friend is right. Best scenario for me is the Bills win by 1 or 2 points. 

The few reports I've seen says the "sharps" are pounding the Jets. They aren't always right either. 

We will find out soon. 

Don't get me wrong the Bills can definitely win the game. They are favored too win it. 

Mmhmm.  I have a couple really good sources and that is the current trend. Sharps on the jets. And yes, they aren’t always right. 

Personally, I think the jets +2.5 is a better bet than Bill -2.5.  But I also think Bills ML is a better bet than Jets ML if you’re strictly looking to cover, not looking for value. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I think forcing the run game when Josh Allen is your QB is a bad game plan… they won’t need to ground and pound because it’s raining.😅

Do you not believe there are differences in shower/rain and a thunderstorm? 

Its common sense when there is a lot of rain, you run more.  Every team does it. 

So if it does thunderstorm with high winds, a down pour where there is low visibility for the WR to the ball and the is slick as a bar of soap....you want to continue to air it out all over the field?  Well, you probably do.  I mean you did say Allen "easily" threw it in the New England wind game where he had a 50% completion on 4.8 yards per pass.   His career yards per attempt is 7.2 by the way.  

On 9/8/2023 at 9:13 PM, ScottLaw said:

Honestly debatable….we saw it in preseason, dude got destroyed by Fitzpatrick to blow up a running play.

"One play proves everything" statement lol.

It's honestly debatable that a WR is a better blocker than him inline?

So basically Kincaid is a wasted draft pick.  He's a tight end we're going to use in 12 personnel but his blocking is worse than a general WR because he didn't effectively block an All Pro in his second preseason game.  Makes perfect sense.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

In week 8, the Dolphins' defense spent the first half of the game utterly frustrating the Bills' offense. After the half, the Bills adjusted, and the Dolphins dropped their scheme that had payed such dividends, and the Bills came back and dominated them. That was the 26-11 game. Later in the week, Urban Meyer, the Jags HC, was asked about the first half of the Bills v. Fish game, and if he had seen a weakness in the Bills offense. He answered in remarkably detailed terms, and basically spelled out what he had seen, and why the Dolphins had been successful with it (albeit, only in the first half). Essentially, cover zero sub six. And the following weekend, that is exactly what the Jags did to beat the Bills.

I remember being stunned that Meyer would show his hand so freely, and in such detail-- that's why I remembered the Dolphins game. Be that as it may, I stand by my remarks to ScottLaw.

The reason that worked in Jacksonville was because only one of the five offensive linemen was a starter playing in their real position. Jacksonville rushed 3 with instant pressure several times in that game. On the game clinching play, Allen was being sacked while the right tackle was still in his stance. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38361906/jets-rb-breece-hall-confident-knee-ready-roll-vs-bills

Breece Hall feeling very confident.  He and Cook will be “the best running back combo in the league”. Sounds like everyone in the Jets locker room are definitely buying into the hype.  Let’s see how he feels after a few hits on that knee.  

12 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, there's balanced, and there's balanced. When Daboll was running a pure spread offense, with no run game in '21, teams like the Dolphins, and Jags did figure out how to exploit it. I think they feel Cook is a key element because he only needs to be average as a running back, but with legit receiving skills. If we can trust Allen to read a defense, and execute an RPO, (we certainly can), then the balanced attack becomes a nightmare for opposing defenses. 

Which I know doesn't negate, or contradict your point. An RPO is "in Allen's hands," so to speak.

RPOs are not a good plan against this team. That moment when Josh is sticking the ball in the RBs gut and deciding whether to just hand off or rip the ball back and keep it himself takes too long. You can literally see the defense closing in to blow up the play before it has a chance and it always seems to take eons for Josh to make a decision. Sometimes to the point where the RB has to stop and wait for Josh to decide one way or another. The Jets defense is too quick at getting behind the OL for these types of plays.

If running the ball, you have to let the RB scan the field and hand off while he's still in motion. There can be no hesitation. If the play is a pass the design should be to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible. Again no hesitation. It's fine to fake a hand off to get the defenders to bite but it should be smooth and without that hesitation that comes from an RPO. Not that the RPO can't work. It can, but they should only be used very sparingly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

So financially you are rooting for the Jets tomorrow

I suspect some folks who perpetually worry and tend to gravitate towards the pessimistic side of expectations get a secret and perverse thrill when everyone else is sad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

We will find out soon. 

If all the sharps are pounding the Jets wouldn’t we see it in the line? It went up to 2 1/2 a couple weeks ago. You would think if all the professionals are pounding one side we would see change? 🤔🤔🤔

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Espn GameDay is just absolutely slobbering all over the jets right now. I hope the bills absolutely annihilate them 

I hope the Bills annihilate ESPN GameDay too! Torch all things ESPN related! 

Oh…..you meant….never mind. Yeah, crush the Jets too. 

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Just put $50 on the Jets plus 2.5 points and another $50 on Jets money line. 

This is a bad spot for the Bills.  

atta boy, bet against your team because you're so sure they lose. I hope you lose. I'm sure though if, I say if they win you'll be sure to come here and rub dirt all over the place.

👎

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

atta boy, bet against your team because you're so sure they lose. I hope you lose. I'm sure though if, I say if they win you'll be sure to come here and rub dirt all over the place.

👎

Can’t lose if you bet against your team. Such a weak mind set. Grow some balls. Bills don’t cover each week obviously. But don’t bet against them. Or if you do shut the F up about it. 

Edited by Paul Costa
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

If all the sharps are pounding the Jets wouldn’t we see it in the line? It went up to 2 1/2 a couple weeks ago. You would think if all the professionals are pounding one side we would see change? 🤔🤔🤔

Maybe the public is pounding the Bills. 

2 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

So financially you are rooting for the Jets tomorrow

I always cheer for the Bills regardless of my bets. I always want them to win. Losing a little money for a Bills win is worth it to me. 

I never bet so much that I cheer for the other team. 

• Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

👎

Since when have I ever rubbed dirt on here? 

I give my opinions often negative but I never gloat if I'm correct. Often, I'm more wrong than right. 

You should just stick to the emoji button. 

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Since when have I ever rubbed dirt on here? 

I give my opinions often negative but I never gloat if I'm correct. Often, I'm more wrong than right. 

You should just stick to the emoji button. 

get off your high horse. I don't like you. at all. now carry on with your "opinions". bills fan.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Is this just what you want to see? Last I saw it was light intermittent rain with a chance of thunderstorms.. 

that’s what I’ve seen too.  Chance of light showers and a thunderstorm.  88% precip but that’s all day.  Dunno how the hourly breaks down yet

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Is this just what you want to see? Last I saw it was light intermittent rain with a chance of thunderstorms.. 

If the weather during the game dictates sloppy football, then this is absolutely the way to go. Forcing Cook to be the main back in a sloppy weather football game would just keep putting the Bills in a hole. You got to adjust personal accordingly.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.