Peter King picks Bills to be in the Super Bowl

KCNC

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

How do you recover from this ? 😂 this is a historically bad take 

1 hour ago, DaggersEOD said:

But I mean how can you walk away from possibly Ron Dayne??  🤣🤣

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Best first round draft pick New England ever spent!

This truly is the worst take in all of sports history. It is amazing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He calls the back-end of the Bills' schedule a seven-game death march.  

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

For a team that reportedly had their window slam shut I see a LOT of people still picking the Bills to make the Super Bowl. And for a team that's constantly talked about...I see very very few predictions with the Jets in the Big Game. Odd.

Yes, this.  

I got trashed earlier this summer when I pointed how little coverage about the Bills there was on ESPN.com and other major outlets.  The reason, I said, is that the media cater to the fans and promote the big-market teams. I think the average fans around the country thought the Bills were done.  Now that the writers who actually know something about the game are making their predictions, the Bills are in everyone's discussions, because people who know the game know that the Bills have the roster and the coaching to compete for the trophy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If you read the piece it makes more sense. He even says he likes Belichick as a coach (despite the sub .500 record).

Also many people believe the key to Belichick's success was drafting Brady in the 6th round and that without Brady, he's just another football coach.

Anyways, here's an excerpt from the piece for those not inclined to click:

"Buffalo rebounds. There are things I don’t like about the Bills—but there are things that worry me about every AFC power team. Stefon Diggs is great, but will he be all-in for 17 weeks, which is essential for this team? Will Josh Allenrein in his uncharacteristic Red Zone mistakes from last year? I think the football world looked at the 27-10 divisional playoff loss to Cincinnati as the beginning of the end for a team with looming cap issues. I looked at it as a bad day to have a bad day, and give credit to a great gameplan by defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo of the Bengals. I say Allen returns to more efficient form, Von Miller provides a late-season defensive boost and they finally get off the schneid in Kansas City in the playoffs. Allen’s too good, and too determined, to let the end of 2022 leak into 2023."

What no one here has mentioned yet is that King picks the Bills to lose to the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

6 hours ago, KCNC said:

Most gurus are rarely right.  Because each year there are about 8 or 10 teams with more-or-less equal chances of getting to the Super Bowl and then a couple of surprise teams with worse odds that make late season/playoff runs.  When you consider the importance of luck (bounces, calls, etc.) and injuries, there is no way of knowing who will make it to the Super Bowl.  Even the best computer programs can't predict it with accuracy.  

But Peter is more knowledgeable than most talking heads.  The fact he's picking us is somewhat encouraging, I suppose.  

If the world's best AI told me that the Bills had a 15% chance of winning it all, I'd be thrilled because that's better than most teams.  But it's still a long shot.  At this time of year, realistically, every team is a long shot.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not going to happen.  Lazy Quarterback and star Wideout with a strip club addiction.

It's funny. Chiefs best defender.  3rd best player , not at TC and holding out - Chiefs will be fine

Bills WR1 there all off season- Allen Diggs relationship is going to cost the team 

51 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

It's funny. Chiefs best defender.  3rd best player , not at TC and holding out - Chiefs will be fine

Bills WR1 there all off season- Allen Diggs relationship is going to cost the team 

Thats why its better to ignore football articles and sports talk shows and just turn on the game then turn it off afterwards. 

There is only one truth in football and thats the result of the games.  Everything else is just noise generated by the monolithic NFL machine.

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Thats why its better to ignore football articles and sports talk shows and just turn on the game then turn it off afterwards. 

There is only one truth in football and thats the result of the games.  Everything else is just noise generated by the monolithic NFL machine.

I do.. I appreciate and respect this boards opinion wayyyy over the media on anything pertaining to the Bills 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I’ve always liked Peter King.

His prediction is valid as anyone else on this board…

don’t see jets being that good.

jets non common are Atlanta , houston snd Cleveland.

bills are jags, bengals, and tb.

I am not sold on the jets just because of Aaron.  He’s not that big of a difference maker.

I think jags can win division but not that good of a record. Last year they were what a 500 team.  Thst might get to a 10-7 record.

kc in their division will get knocked down a few pegs and possibly be just a WC.

div winner—- bills, Bengals, Jags, chiefs/ chargers.

WC chiefs/ chargers then the last 2 spots will be a battle with many teams ..many of these teams will be bunched up around 6-6 and thrn some emerge.

for NFC— cowboys, lions, wide open, 49ers

WC Seahawks, the eagles nd  bears in a battle with many others around 9-8.

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

screw this shameless clickbaiter!!!  don't give him likes!  I refuse to read this article!!  screw national media!!!

Did you type this with one hand while the other hand was shaking a clenched fist at the sky?

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

He calls the back-end of the Bills' schedule a seven-game death march.  

Yes, this.  

I got trashed earlier this summer when I pointed how little coverage about the Bills there was on ESPN.com and other major outlets.  The reason, I said, is that the media cater to the fans and promote the big-market teams. I think the average fans around the country thought the Bills were done.  Now that the writers who actually know something about the game are making their predictions, the Bills are in everyone's discussions, because people who know the game know that the Bills have the roster and the coaching to compete for the trophy.

You spelled “Doomed” wrong 

23 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Also many people believe the key to Belichick's success was drafting Brady in the 6th round and that without Brady, he's just another football coach.

He still hasn't done one thing to disabuse these "many people" of that notion.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.