Beane adding a QB to the Practice Squad most likely tomorrow

BillsFanForever19

1 hour ago, without a drought said:

Did you know he went to Harvard?

Yes I know a classmate of his who has a Fitzpatrick jersey made from 8 sections of NFL teams he went to.

And I also went to Harvard.  I went to visit it after receiving scholarship offer but it did not cover anything but basic tuition.  No student fees, books, housing, etc.

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The problem with Wentz on your PS is he is a difficult teammate. Some of the stories about him marching around the locker room in Philly telling teammates they were with team Wentz or team Foles are frightening. 

Yep. He is the anti-Allen when it comes to ingratiating himself with teammates and I don’t think he’d command the huddle in the least. Word travels fast in this league.

2 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

True. But you don’t need a match necessarily. Even if the Bills signed a ‘pocket QB’ they could game plan to his strengths.

Yes can easily do that when you build up the ol to be a solid unit.  We are spoiled with Josh's play that who knows if we get to see a QB that's a fit for Buffalo as Josh is.  I am content we got Josh and I rather they prioritize the oline as it benefits any QB as well as all the weapons as they won't need to chip block just to give a play a chance if you get solid oline everything  you try offensively is that much easier.

41 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. He is the anti-Allen when it comes to ingratiating himself with teammates and I don’t think he’d command the huddle in the least. Word travels fast in this league.

Ultimately, you want your back up QB to be in the most loved person in the world

That wouldn’t happen here with wentz

• Like (+1) 1

Uh, Wentz. Him and Josh have a connection too via Craig Bohl. Add the fact that Josh just said on the McAfee Podcast that Beane is keeping him aware of personnel decisions, which leads me to think that he's offering his opinion particularly for his support at least, and Wentz seems like the frontrunner. 

Not a fan. Would prefer Colt McCoy or maybe even Zappe now. McCoy is as lame and vanilla as they come but he's also one of the best bonafide #2s of the past decade. Regularly steps in to start and win games as recently as last year, has won games as a back-up for the past three on a bad team. That's all I really need.

Looking over who's left after teams have set up their Practice Squads, unless it's literally some Undrafted guy that no one has ever heard of, it could be one of (in no particular order):

Matt Corral

Colt McCoy

Carson Wentz

Trevor Siemian 

Chase Daniel

Jeff Driskel

Nathan Peterman

Josh Johnson 

Pick your poison.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I had not heard those stories.  Gross, if true.  May I ask if you have a source you could share?

In any event, I do not want Wentz as a backup QB.  If he couldn't be revived by Reich, he can't be revived.

You may be correct about what Wentz needs, but why do you think giving someone who may need "an extremely short leash" is what the Bills need in a PS QB?

Agree. They need an arm in camp that can push Kyle Allen. They don't need to waste time on a reclamation project.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

• BillsFanForever19 changed the title to Beane adding a QB to the Practice Squad most likely tomorrow
12 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

PETERMAN

PETERMAN

the return of the prodigal son.

Say it a third time, and the NPeterman of old returns to haunt OBD. 😳

Have the creators of the 'Peterman Hype Video' ever found gainful employment in the industry since? 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The problem with Wentz on your PS is he is a difficult teammate. Some of the stories about him marching around the locker room in Philly telling teammates they were with team Wentz or team Foles are frightening. 

Balderdash!  Wentz has evolved as a human, a teammate, and a football player.

He now has added Kirk Cousins' "YOU LIKE THAT?!?!"  war cry as he questions teammates.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

And yet I’ve somehow seen him beat Josh and the Bills twice in Orchard park since 2019. 

That was before he forgot how to play football.  In his last year in Philly, he was the worst starter in the league, and he’s never recovered. As an added bonus, he’s apparently never been popular in the locker room either…

I’m also old enough to remember a very good 1998 Bills team losing to Ryan Leaf in his NFL debut.  That didn’t make Leaf a good quarterback.

Edited by mannc

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Looking over who's left after teams have set up their Practice Squads, unless it's literally some Undrafted guy that no one has ever heard of, it could be one of (in no particular order):

Matt Corral

Colt McCoy

Carson Wentz

Trevor Siemian 

Chase Daniel

Jeff Driskel

Nathan Peterman

Josh Johnson 

Pick your poison.

Any Kordell Stewart Slash type QBs?  Josh Allen is a QB/RB but I was thinking of someone who could be dynamic in passing game able to catch ball like a WR.

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Say it a third time, and the NPeterman of old returns to haunt OBD. 😳

Have the creators of the 'Peterman Hype Video' ever found gainful employment in the industry since? 🤔

I can't say it a 3rd time, but have you seen him throw footballs into a garbage can from across the river ?

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

QB2 man's the scout team and impersonates QBs majority

QB3 gets a few of QB2 reps 

@Rochesterfan

Idk why you literally just follow all my posts and disagree with them but you're just looking silly now because I'm not wrong with my statement

You just follow all of my posts in this thread and dislike them LMAO like a kid having a temper tantrum 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Disagree 1

So he doesn’t suck, can, (as said above), sling the ball, and has some game, 

that damn Brandon Beane just has no idea what to look for in a PS QB, when are we gonna get a real GM? 

(Sarcasm included) 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes I know a classmate of his who has a Fitzpatrick jersey made from 8 sections of NFL teams he went to.

And I also went to Harvard.  I went to visit it after receiving scholarship offer but it did not cover anything but basic tuition.  No student fees, books, housing, etc.

Harvard does not offer scholarships per se.  Has not for more than 40 years.  Like the rest of the Ivy league and MIT, they offer need-based grants and loans that, with family contribution, are supposed to cover the cost of attendance.   Now whether their idea of what your family can contribute, and your family's idea, agree, is another matter.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I agree that Kyle Allen is the backup. But if Matt Barkley getting the first reps in the 2nd PS game and the supposed off air leaked audio from the Bears booth is any indication - they aren't exactly 100% comfortable with him if Josh goes down.

With that said, I'd expect someone who has experience and can be more comfortably called upon in an emergency as opposed to a young developmental player without any experience.

But we will see. Maybe I'm wrong.

Can you tell me more about this "off air leaked audio from the Bears booth"?

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Can you tell me more about this "off air leaked audio from the Bears booth"?

I didn't hear it myself but apparently on one of the networks that aired the Bears game, the audio from Beane and the announcers kept running when they thought a commercial break was overriding their mics. Beane was saying Kyle just wasn't getting it and expressed disappointment with his offseason (allegedly). 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I can't say it a 3rd time, but have you seen him throw footballs into a garbage can from across the river ?

And over a mountain!

EDIT:  There was the problem all along.  Bills third uniform colour should have been 'trashcan grey'.  That would have boosted NP's QB rating.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Would you quit it already with these threads within threads?! 🤨

My screen is starting to look like that scene from 'Spaceballs'. 
image.thumb.jpeg.b896aaf3bfdf6a12bd59b518158fa9ff.jpeg

When one asks a question pertaining to another thread, why not just direct them there?

And it's not something I frequently do so I'm not quite sure why you said "will you quit it already?!"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.