WGR speculating the Bills will make a trade

78thealltimegreat

9 minutes ago, balln said:

Not unless they dump Ed Oliver and tre

LOL! No. If traded both would have dead cap hits that would exceed their cap hit for 2023. (Tho some of the dead cap hits would be delayed to 2024.) Oh and we’d have to find and pay new starts at CB1 and 3-tech. 

Just now, BarleyNY said:

LOL! No. If traded both would have dead cap hits that would exceed their cap hit for 2023. (Tho some of the dead cap hits would be delayed to 2024.) Oh and we’d have to find and pay new starts at CB1 and 3-tech. 

Damn you Beane!!!!!!! Damn you alllll to hellllllll!!!!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Big signing and restructure bonuses will do that. 

I think McD and beane were so on the hot seat (internally on themselves) last year and I think beanes end of year presser this year was soooo revealing …. He’s stresssssed. 

and then Terry bails em out w a contract extension

Edited by balln
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Space can always be made 

Yes that's is pretty much true but you have to weigh the $$ to the value the player will have on the teams success.  Team is toast without a healthy Josh Allen you protect that over paying a bell cow back.  

28 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

But he hasn’t been healthy, and you have to give up a pick, and have to pay him. Considering all that, is it worth it? 

YES!! Say, for instance, Josh had a minor injury and had to sit 2/3 games. Taylor would be the backup QB best friend. With Josh at QB, Taylor would make the playaction game DEADLY. He would open the field for Davis/Diggs on deep routes. The misdirection game would also vicious. Finally, we would not need to rely on Josh as much on the 3rd/4th and short yardage. Don't even get me started on a home run threat on the ground

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

If they are working a trade, I would rather having them work a trade for a MLB that is better than we have than a QB2.  I'd rather not use assets on a backup qb.

I'd be happy with a solid Upgrade on oline if they identified where the weak link is.  A solid oline is every qbs best friend.

13 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Phins are definitely in the mix.  I'm just spit balling but do you think Frank Reich would like him in Carolina to benefit his young QB?

Eagles or jax is who im guessing 

Edited by balln

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm STILL questioning the Ed Oliver extension

Mind blowing. It’s just beane got cornered.  Needed someone on the roster to have a contract beyond next year. Welp settle for ED. Dude hasn’t drafted well. Sorry 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, galept said:

And yet, what if a better O line is the reason Josh doesn't miss two games? Chicken or egg, I suppose.

Then I guess the question is, is our depth at OT better than our depth at backup QB?

• Vomit 1

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Maybe. They just signed Miles Sanders and still have fan favorites Hubbard and Blackshear 

Sanders has been sidelined with a groin injury.   I'm not certain Hubbard or Blackshear could carry the backfield if Sanders goes down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, balln said:

Mind blowing. It’s just beane got cornered.  Needed someone on the roster to have a contract beyond next year. Welp settle for ED. Dude hasn’t drafted well. Sorry 

In fairness, the contract isn’t bad.  Bills have easy outs in it.  

But I do agree .. I will have zero patience if Ed Oliver is out there d***ing around while Von gets healthy. 

33 minutes ago, balln said:

I think McD and beane were so on the hot seat (internally on themselves) last year and I think beanes end of year presser this year was soooo revealing …. He’s stresssssed. 

and then Terry bails em out w a contract extension

Yeah. I definitely got the impression that the pressure ratcheted up on them too. As for the extension, I was a little surprised that Pegs didn’t wait another year. But the standard with him seems to be to do extensions with two seasons left. They got him the new stadium so he probably figured they earned it anyway. 

17 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Sanders has been sidelined with a groin injury.   I'm not certain Hubbard or Blackshear could carry the backfield if Sanders goes down.

I can’t believe you’re saying Blackshear can’t handle it-do you have any idea who this man is? The legend that he has become? This guy scores not one, but TWO (I think, not really sure) touchdowns during preseason with the Bills! 

he’s essentially the Uncle Rico of Bills football…if only they would’ve put him in

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, balln said:

Beane has missed on 14 of 31 picks from 2019-2022. If Elam is traded as many on here seem to be clamoring for, that’s 15 of 31. Meanwhile the Chiefs missed on 6 of 28, and the Bengals 9 of 33. Beane traded away our 2020 Round 1 pick for Diggs and that appeared teetering off a cliff 30 days ago. 

Let’s be real here fellas: Beane has missed on a good number of picks. The miss percentage is unacceptable if we are to ever contend with the Chiefs and Bengals. Is it McDermott pulling a Shanahan and not wanting to give guys on the job training? IE: is there an unknown big divide between Beane and McDermott on personnel that has gone unreported? 

Elam a trade candidate?

Isabella over Shakir? 
Bernard not the starting MLB?

If so it seems like 2022 was a complete bust.

The 2023 draft looks promising if Kincaid gets serious PT and Torrence plays. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Beane has missed on 14 of 31 picks from 2019-2022. If Elam is traded as many on here seem to be clamoring for, that’s 15 of 31. Meanwhile the Chiefs missed on 6 of 28, and the Bengals 9 of 33. Beane traded away our 2020 Round 1 pick for Diggs and that appeared teetering off a cliff 30 days ago. 

Let’s be real here fellas: Beane has missed on a good number of picks. The miss percentage is unacceptable if we are to ever contend with the Chiefs and Bengals. Is it McDermott pulling a Shanahan and not wanting to give guys on the job training? IE: is there an unknown big divide between Beane and McDermott on personnel that has gone unreported? 

Elam a trade candidate?

Isabella over Shakir? 
Bernard not the starting MLB?

If so it seems like 2022 was a complete bust.

The 2023 draft looks promising if Kincaid gets serious PT and Torrence plays. 

Miss percentage? Where did you get that metric? 

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

A few Miami fans with “sources” are convinced the Bills are also after JT 

That would be quite interesting…

but I’d rather we sign Kirksey and look to add QB2 + OT3 

Trading Elam would be a mistake IMO

Were they the same “sources” from Miami fans that claimed Jordan Poyer had verbally agreed to contract? 😂

I don’t buy this for a second.  Only because in his 6 years as GM, Brandon Beane has never invested a significant asset in the RB position.  Not a high draft pick (unless you consider Cook in the late 2nd) and certainly not a multi-year contract.  

Do you honest this they will trade premium picks for Taylor and make him among the highest paid at his position?

Not a chance.   

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Miss percentage? Where did you get that metric? 

Draft pick miss percentage….It’s a very scientific process 

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

The problem is as a safety, he lacks the instincts and positioning to play the position well.  He's a willing hitter, but the majority of plays I've ever seen him he took a bad angle or was out of position to make a play.  This is not a good issue for a safety to have.  And it's not necessarily something that will come with experience - he has shown the exact same issues with positioning and angles this preseason - which has nothing to do with his injury - it is he just lacks the instinctual talent to play the position at a high level.

At a high level maybe…but like I said, I think he’s good enough to be a fringe starter.  And you’re sleeping on his ability.  He’s better than you give him credit for.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah. I definitely got the impression that the pressure ratcheted up on them too. As for the extension, I was a little surprised that Pegs didn’t wait another year. But the standard with him seems to be to do extensions with two seasons left. They got him the new stadium so he probably figured they earned it anyway. 

As well as coaching upheavals when your team is pretty well set is not a guarantee things get better.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, wppete said:

Think Beane has a lot of ammo of players and draft picks if he wants to make a move. 

Right now the Bills have one pick in every round except the 6th where they have 3 picks.

5 hours ago, Augie said:

I watched him play sitting at a bar in Nashville and I was sure he was going to to a solid starter.

Was he playing "Ship, Captain, Crew?"

5 hours ago, Airseven said:

What Bills players do you consider trade ammo?

Another scenario is that Beane trades a fringe player for a draft pick and then package draft picks for a player.

In the preseason, Beane has traded guys like Cardale Jones, Kevon Seymour, AJ McCarron, Marshall Newhouse, Wyatt Teller, Russell Bodine, Darryl Johnson, and Cody Ford.

He's better than most GMs at getting picks for players that aren't going to make the final roster.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's Keenum returning, in my opinion. They want to hold on to that 3rd Round compensatory pick and this late into the game, they'll value his knowing the system, players, and coaches. 

The opposite of what everybody thinks is true. First off, the rule that used to require Keenum to be on the Texans roster through week 6 (or whatever it was) is gone. He doesn't.

Secondly, and nobody knows this apparently but me, if a compensatory free agent is traded, he counts as a gained free agent against the team that trades for him, even if the team that trades for him is the same team that lost him. If the Bills trade for Keenum he cancels himself out in the formula, leaving us with 2 gained and 2 lost.

The only way the Bills will lose the 3rd round pick is if they trade for Keenum.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Tuco said:

The opposite of what everybody thinks is true. First off, the rule that used to require Keenum to be on the Texans roster through week 6 (or whatever it was) is gone. He doesn't.

Secondly, and nobody knows this apparently but me, if a compensatory free agent is traded, he counts as a gained free agent against the team that trades for him, even if the team that trades for him is the same team that lost him. If the Bills trade for Keenum he cancels himself out in the formula, leaving us with 2 gained and 2 lost.

The only way the Bills will lose the 3rd round pick is if they trade for Keenum.

Where were you 7 pages ago?

Do you have any idea how stressed out all of us are?????

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Glut of WR's?   

Diggs

Davis

Sherfield

Sharty

Shakir

and a bunch of minor league talents

They should be in the market.......definitely not dealing from a strength

Sharty? Think I did that a few times down in Mexico this past week. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Yes, and a divisional rival will probably grab him and get a PR boost.

disagree

whatever team signs Damar knows its gonna have to release him eventually.   That's a worse PR hit than any possible boost

its like that one gay guy who entered the draft years ago.  Teams didnt want to pick him because he was not a good football player.  So they knew they didnt want the bad PR when they released him.  (finally googled it.  Michael Sam.  7th rounder by the Rams in 2014)

If Damar can play, it would be safer to trade for him after he has shown you wont have to cut him.  He hasnt shown he will ever be that.

ergo, i suspect Damar will make it through to our practice squad.

Edited by maddenboy

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He’s up there… but I voted @eball for worst takes in 2022… @Thurman#1 has him beat this year with a strong offseason. 

Please enlighten me with these “worst takes” of 2022. Was it that I hoped the receiving corps was good enough? I did support acquiring OBJ and drafting a WR in the first round, if you recall.

Was it that I expected Kromer to improve the OL? I certainly wasn’t alone there. 

I’ve been more “on” with my opinions and predictions concerning the Bills (and other teams) than you by a mile, my friend. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

YES!! Say, for instance, Josh had a minor injury and had to sit 2/3 games. Taylor would be the backup QB best friend. With Josh at QB, Taylor would make the playaction game DEADLY. He would open the field for Davis/Diggs on deep routes. The misdirection game would also vicious. Finally, we would not need to rely on Josh as much on the 3rd/4th and short yardage. Don't even get me started on a home run threat on the ground

so, since i cant find a backup QB to win 2 or 3 games . . . i should sign and pay, and trade for, a star RB.    To help my backup QB win 2 or 3 games, if needed.

Meantime, the other 14 games, its overkill.   I agree with the sentiment that we shouldnt take the ball out of Josh's hands.

its like signing a basketball guard to play with michael jordan.  We pass you the ball so you can pass it back to Jordan.  When you start shooting too much and hogging possessions, we trade you.   We didnt bring you here to take the ball out of Jordan's hands

8 hours ago, RiotAct said:

that’s probably one of the most wild stories of the Josh Allen era so far… that Nathan Friggin’ Peterman actually won the starting job to begin Allen’s rookie season. 

Seems beyond dumb now, but… fog of war, hindsight, man-in-the-arena and all that.

And he lasted one half as the starter over Josh. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Sal C who actually works for the team was just on believing the Bills are working on a trade.
Gotta believe after the Trey Lance news they are looking to upgrade backup QB. I wonder if that doesn’t involve someone like Mason Rudolph who is just kinda going through the motions in Pitt. 

Sal works for WGR he covers the team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.