The 2023 - ??? Edmunds Report

FireChans

36 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Every Snap Edmunds played against the Broncos. Five minutes of your life, you will never get back.

https://x.com/ImBearingDown/status/1709704176949731688?s=20

Still don’t understand how someone as big as he is can get pushed around so easily.

There’s only 2 reasons why someone would painstakingly put together a reel of a player’s every snap: to shower that player with praise, or to highlight his ineffectiveness. It’s obviously the latter in this case.
On one of those early plays he had a beeline to the RB and could have made the tackle, but chose to run up to and engage with a blocking lineman. Reminded me of a similar play he had here against Tampa Bay. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The latest bombshell to drop on this one? The Bears coaches are working with Tremaine Edmunds on getting lower when he tackles. After their $72 million investment in a middle linebacker, he needs to work at tackling. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bears-talent-judgment-backfiring-in-big-ways/ar-AA1hDaxB

The irony is he had a relatively low missed tackle percentage here. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

We can watch the Chicago Edmunds vs the Washington Commanders unencumbered by a conflicting Bills game tonight. 

He has gotten completely embarrassed all game and Logan Thomas is having the game of his life. Bears twitter is blowing up.

Tremaine Edmunds apologists can officially take the L forever.

https://x.com/barroomnetwork/status/1710117323439268189?s=46&t=E40WAbu8GsA_XsQdsioRYw

https://x.com/aaronlemingnfl/status/1710116973453930777?s=46&t=E40WAbu8GsA_XsQdsioRYw

https://x.com/deeksviewog/status/1710117878534455537?s=46&t=E40WAbu8GsA_XsQdsioRYw

https://x.com/chicago_nfl/status/1710122431191355795?s=46&t=E40WAbu8GsA_XsQdsioRYw

https://x.com/lib_crusher/status/1710121945092542849?s=46&t=E40WAbu8GsA_XsQdsioRYw

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

He has gotten completely embarrassed all game and Logan Thomas is having the game of his life. Bears twitter is blowing up.

Tremaine Edmunds apologists can officially take the L forever.

https://x.com/barroomnetwork/status/1710117323439268189?s=46&t=E40WAbu8GsA_XsQdsioRYw

Holy cow, that first link. I dont miss those missed tackles at all.

31 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Wow that's awful tackle he tried doing. 

On 10/4/2023 at 7:51 PM, Chaos said:

Every Snap Edmunds played against the Broncos. Five minutes of your life, you will never get back.

https://x.com/ImBearingDown/status/1709704176949731688?s=20

So night and day watching him vs Bernard. At 45 second mark he over pursues directly into a key block. Common theme in this film. Not somebody who likes contact either. Not in taking on blocks or just delivering the blow.  Bites on play action taking himself out of the play. Crazy as this sounds we upgraded MLB with Bernard. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

As an old timer who’s sad at the passing of Bears legendary MLB, I wonder if their fans are turning an evil eye to their prizes FA acquisition.. We already know Bernard has had more splash plays in 4 games that Edmunds has in his career to date. Even tonight, when Da Bears finally won, he was a non-factor. 

Thank you Brandon.

He's the definition of average,  ranging from below to above, mostly below. 

So refreshing watching Bernard playing with instincts and no hesitation.  I remember 1 play last year where Maine blew up a RB and was shocked lol and Milano looks even better next to Bernard. 

Not only did we save huge $ and have Nard on a rookie contract,  the addition by subtraction,  we also get a 3rd rd pick!! Essentially getting back what we spent on Bernard. Massive W

One of the best moves in Beanes career! 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I was nervous about losing him.  I just saw his physical traits, how much our coaches seemed to like him, and the contract he got.  In hindsight, I figure if he were that important, they would have extended him like everyone else.

Saw him last night for the first time.  I thought he looks like he got fat and looked out of place and slow on so many plays

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

https://x.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1710038596932043117?s=20

Wow

Where's Edmunds?

Milano and Bernard dominating in coverage behind this DL

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

I was nervous about losing him.  I just saw his physical traits, how much our coaches seemed to like him, and the contract he got.  In hindsight, I figure if he were that important, they would have extended him like everyone else.

Saw him last night for the first time.  I thought he looks like he got fat and looked out of place and slow on so many plays

30 minutes ago, DJB said:

He’s so trash. So glad he’s gone. 

Has all the physical tools but has no brain and lacks heart 

10 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He's not that good in coverage, can't rush either.  Slow to react and in the playoffs got picked on a ton when he was here..  Glad to have moved on with Bernard.

Vander Esch was always the better player. We whiffed.

• Like (+1) 2

Hear me out...

Have you ever known someone that just has drama and bad luck follow them around? Almost like they are cursed to some aspect? Is Edmunds cursed?

Think about all the weirdness over the last few seasons he was here. Last year seemed like an uncanny and almost unreal set of events from preseason to the off-season. And most of it was away from the field weird stuff.

Then he signs with Chicago. And it seems weekly there is that same weird vibe there now. Coaches house getting raided. The Claypool situation playing out. Much more as well.

Who's the one common factor in all the weirdness? 

17 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Vander Esch was always the better player. We whiffed.

Eh - Vander Esch is nice as a down hill run stopper and shedder.  His coverage abilities never blew me away. 

He's had injuries the last 2 years but Shaq Leonard from the same draft went in the 2nd and is probably the best linebacker from the class - Roquan Smith wasn't available for our pick but he's also been a really good player.  Leonard has more sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles than Edmunds and Vander Esch combined.  

9 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

So night and day watching him vs Bernard. At 45 second mark he over pursues directly into a key block. Common theme in this film. Not somebody who likes contact either. Not in taking on blocks or just delivering the blow.  Bites on play action taking himself out of the play. Crazy as this sounds we upgraded MLB with Bernard. 

Even if not a upgrade it's crazy that we are getting equal (if not better) production from a third round pick compared to a guy compared to Kuechley, taken 16th overall in his year and given $50 million guaranteed. The Bears just threw crazy money at him. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again I'm glad the Bears made it easy for the Bills by massively overpaying him. 

Exactly. I was in the "can we extend at a reasonable rate" camp before the Bears backed up a Brinks truck.

So far that money to Ed Oliver is looking like a far better investment 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

As an old timer who’s sad at the passing of Bears legendary MLB, I wonder if their fans are turning an evil eye to their prizes FA acquisition.. We already know Bernard has had more splash plays in 4 games that Edmunds has in his career to date. Even tonight, when Da Bears finally won, he was a non-factor. 

Thank you Brandon.

It’s already happening - I saw a few Bears are asking why Edmunds isn’t stepping up last night  

The Bills under Pegula/Beane have not been hesitant about rewarding/extending their players.  The only one (off a good season) who got away that i can think of is maybe Harrison Phillips.  They also let Shaq and the walking hamstring pull Phillips walk after productive seasons as well.  

I think thats a pretty good barometer for Edmunds.  Especially since they were also heavily invested in him, having traded up in the first round.  

I guess Gabe Davis is another canary in the coal mine.  If they think he can be replaced, he will not be retained.  Also if he wants Christian Kirk money, then what is the delta between Davis at $18 Million/year vs a 1st round receiver or someone they can land in a trade/find in FA?

• Like (+1) 1

Watched some last night and WOW he looks bad.

Even as a long time Edmunds detractor (who came around on him a bit last year), I'm shocked by just how bad he looks out there. And it isnt just being part of a really bad team, which he is. But Edmunds himself looks slow and soft when playing and in pursuit.

There was one play in the 4th quarter where Howell threw a pass over him and Edmunds jumped liked he was going to try to bat it, but then didnt lift his arms up to even try and just fell on the ground. He looked more like a little kid pretending to be a WWE wrestler than a professional getting paid $18M/year.

I'm going to try to not come back to this thread because this subject is done as far as I'm concerned personally. The Bills made the right choice in letting him walk. Tremaine got paid but will likely never develop into what his potential could have been. Moving on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

He's the definition of average,  ranging from below to above, mostly below. 

So refreshing watching Bernard playing with instincts and no hesitation.  I remember 1 play last year where Maine blew up a RB and was shocked lol and Milano looks even better next to Bernard. 

Not only did we save huge $ and have Nard on a rookie contract,  the addition by subtraction,  we also get a 3rd rd pick!! Essentially getting back what we spent on Bernard. Massive W

One of the best moves in Beanes career! 

My view was that he was mostly average which is not a great return for a player you traded up for in Round 1.  

Out of his entire career I can only think of a few main highlights:

- The huge hit on Lamar Jackson that knocked him out of the Division playoff game.

- Knocking away a deep pass from Mike Gesicki over the middle in the wildcard game against Miami.

- Absolutely crushing a running back causing an incomplete pass in the same game above.  

Am I forgetting any others?

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

My view was that he was mostly average which is not a great return for a player you traded up for in Round 1.  

Out of his entire career I can only think of a few main highlights:

- The huge hit on Lamar Jackson that knocked him out of the Division playoff game.

- Knocking away a deep pass from Mike Gesicki over the middle in the wildcard game against Miami.

- Absolutely crushing a running back causing an incomplete pass in the same game above.  

Am I forgetting any others?

I remember him turning his hips and running to knock a pass down against MIN. Also catching a ball that was thrown directly to him against HOU for a rare INT. But when we’re touting routine plays as memorable, that’s pretty damning of the player. He had no signature games (or even game changing plays) as far as I remember.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Watched some last night and WOW he looks bad.

Even as a long time Edmunds detractor (who came around on him a bit last year), I'm shocked by just how bad he looks out there. And it isnt just being part of a really bad team, which he is. But Edmunds himself looks slow and soft when playing and in pursuit.

There was one play in the 4th quarter where Howell threw a pass over him and Edmunds jumped liked he was going to try to bat it, but then didnt lift his arms up to even try and just fell on the ground. He looked more like a little kid pretending to be a WWE wrestler than a professional getting paid $18M/year.

I'm going to try to not come back to this thread because this subject is done as far as I'm concerned personally. The Bills made the right choice in letting him walk. Tremaine got paid but will likely never develop into what his potential could have been. Moving on.

I was always in the camp of he's good for what he's asked to do which is zone coverage and if he's covered up by great DTs then he can be serviceable at run support, but I live in Chicago and he's been HIGHLY exposed this year. Bears fans love their MLB's, and I got several texts last night from casual Bears fans along the lines of "what's up with Edmunds did we get a lemon and you didn't tell us??"

I was a major Bernard skeptic going into the season but the guy just has it. He's a MIKE Milano. Edmunds is a robot out there, and to me it looks like he's at the point where he almost doesn't even care now that he got paid. Gotta give Beane & McDermott huge credit on this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.