Well that was an absolute crap fest - PostGame thread

Einstein

- Dion Dawkins was terrible

- Spencer Brown was also terrible

- Teams are going to exploit the middle without Edmunds

- Ed Oliver was pushed around 

- Poyer looks like he has lost a step. He looks slow

- I’m concerned about Cook in pass-pro. It was only one play but he got stood straight up and the only thing that saved him was the linemen next to him

- On the positive side of things, Kincaid is great at using leverage. 

- Torrence was alright 

- Shorter is going to make the roster

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

• Einstein changed the title to Well that was an absolute crap fest - PostGame thread
Just now, Roundybout said:

I feel sad but then I see Kincaid’s highlights and I feel better 

Kincaid is going to be a problem… for defenses.

He instinctively knows how to use leverage. You could see it repeatedly on the slot slants.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Kincaid is going to be a problem… for defenses.

He instinctively knows how to use leverage. You could see it repeatedly on the slot slants.

His smoothness in space instantly reminded me of guys like Kittle and Andrews. Just effortless cuts and great hands. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Glad we passed on Dewand Jones.

Bills might have to play jumbo set all the time.

No idea if there is a rule against that, but RT is laughably bad.

Picking through cuts to find a RT might have to be the route the Bills take honestly. 

I expected RT to be an issue.

However I didn’t expect Dion to look as bad as he did.

The thing about the Bills in recent years is that they are a measuring stick game for all opponents. Beating the Bills is big. and Buffalo just didn’t even come close to caring about a preseason game as much as Pittsburgh.  But the penalties are a huge concern.  that will derail important games 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

The thing about the Bills in recent years is that they are a measuring stick game for all opponents. Beating the Bills is big. and Buffalo just didn’t even come close to caring about a preseason game as much as Pittsburgh.  But the penalties are a huge concern.  that will derail important games 

Yeah McDermott is going to be pissed.

Just now, zow2 said:

And this is really unacceptable frankly. 

This was as great a spot as any to match a hungry home team’s energy and also their last chance to make a statement before the opener.  

The Jets are going to be flying up and down the sidelines on Monday night and we’re going to be giving that collective blank stare.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

After a fluke start of the Steelers scoring 2 TDs on 2 plays, they did a whole lot of diddly and squat against our defense the rest of the game.  After the opening drive, they never again scored points on a drive from further than midfield.

They ended up going...

- punt

- punt

- punt

- TD from on drive starting on our 7 yard line that should have been a FG

- FG on a drive starting in our red zone 

- FG on drive starting mid field

- fumble

- punt

- punt

Wasn't the first time the Steelers pulled a fluke win on us.  Kyle Allen and Barkley made mistakes trying to out-gunsling the other after Barkley's performance last week heated up the competition for QB2.

*edit*

And of course THIRTEEN penalties didn't help.  No idea what to say about that part.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Einstein said:

- Dion Dawkins was terrible

- Spencer Brown was also terrible

- Ed Oliver was pushed around 

- Poyer looks like he has lost a step. He looks slow

- I’m concerned about Cook in pass-pro. It was only one play but he got stood straight up and the only thing that saved him was the linemen next to him

- On the positive side of things, Kincaid is great at using leverage. 

- Torrence was alright 

You didn’t even mention special teams! Bills almost had a punt blocked, had a block in back on a return, flubbed a return, had several awful returns, and allowed a monster return. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

I expect most of the issues we saw tonight to be fixed by Week 1.  

That said…

Brown and Dawkins were straight up getting beat.  We can scheme up to help one tackle if they need it.  We can’t have two of them being dumpster fires.. especially one being paid as much as Dawkins.  

Seems pretty clear Dodson ain’t it at MLB.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Penalties killed us

Even if we blew them out most importantly there were no injuries to starters or key depth guys.

Dawkins and Brown were awful.  Dawkins has been so average for years now

On the bright side, Davis and Kincaid could make doubling Diggs a problem.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Penalties killed us

Even if we blew them out most importantly there were no injuries to starters or key depth guys.

Dawkins and Brown were awful.  Dawkins has been so average for years now

On the bright side, Davis and Kincaid could make doubling Diggs a problem.  

Davis was starting look like a problem for teams, Steelers were probably starting to get flashbacks until that flag showed up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And this is really unacceptable frankly. 

This was as great a spot as any to match a hungry home team’s energy and also their last chance to make a statement before the opener.  

The Jets are going to be flying up and down the sidelines on Monday night and we’re going to be giving that collective blank stare.  

Are you really comparing a meaningless preseason game to the season opener?  We seemed ready to go in the NFL opener last year.  To quote a certain qb, “Relax.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

Looking at it objectively every time Josh went back to pass he had a guy in his face. It felt like the Bengals game.

Dalton Kincaid is going to be amazing 

Backup QB is a major problem.
MLB and CB2 are going to be serious issues if someone doesn’t emerge soon. 

The referees were practically piggybacking the Steelers down the field in this game. 

This was a my goodness they can’t be this bad game. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.