Game Day Thread? Bills @ Steelers 8/19

EmotionallyUnstable

Just now, John from Riverside said:

It’s frustrating, but if the bills are actually committing the penalties then what can you do?

Play more disciplined

I understand that fully, but to say without saying from the refs actions, the Steelers are playing mistake free is pure comedy. By not throwing flags against Pitt is admitting they are playing "perfect" football. Everybody knows that's not the case.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He ain’t looking like a first round pick in his second year…

Starting to hope more that he can be competent 

He looks completely lost out there. He appears to have no clue how to defend a pass without blatantly grabbing his man.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The team was not ready to play tonight. Honestly looks like a repeat of the Bengals playoff game. Not sure what's going on but they shouldn't look the same in games 7 months apart.

Especially since many excused the late season dive to injuries and the emotional toll of Damar.  Ok they should all be healthy and having Damar playing with no hesitancy should give the team a boost so I'd expect a better outing  here.

But as it is preseason I really can care less as I don't know what they were looking for.  I didn't expect ànything but vanilla for playcalls.  Favorite toppings in wins should be saved for regular season.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, par73 said:

You could not dream up a worse scenario. All the starters in at the beginning--- and they were awful. There is no middle linebacker, and both lines are awful. How do you fix these problems?

u cant,  at least not right now.  you eventually fire the coach,  make him the scapegoat and hope a new hire can somehow turn these guys around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.