YouTube TV - NFL Sunday Ticket question

Jerry Jabber

4 hours ago, WhoTom said:

That was my plan too, but I've decided to splurge and get the ticket anyway. That way, when the Bills are on prime time, I can choose which Sunday afternoon games to watch. I do have NFL+ Premium too, in case I miss a game.

I almost did that too, but honestly when the Bills weren't playing on Sundays I found myself primarily tuned into the Red Zone channel anyway, so mainly due to that I'm gonna try this year without the Ticket and see how it goes.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

The main risk is getting some kind of weird virus on your PC.  I always put a condom over my laptop before game time. 

I did this but it overheated and blew up after josh Allen scored a touchdown. 

Edited by Matt_In_NH

NFL Sunday Ticket through YouTube TV will have a Student Discount available next week.

I'm eagerly waiting for the cost.  I know it will be more than DirecTV so I'm going to guess around $150.00.

I got students in the family, so I just might go this route.  If anyone else is doing it, please post the details.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

NFL Sunday Ticket through YouTube TV will have a Student Discount available next week.

I'm eagerly waiting for the cost.  I know it will be more than DirecTV so I'm going to guess around $150.00.

I got students in the family, so I just might go this route.  If anyone else is doing it, please post the details.

What do u need for the student discount? My nephew is in college and will definitely take advantage of this if possible 

25 minutes ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

I haven't read all the previous posts, so this might be old news.

I noticed on my YouTubeTV account that I can select 4 payments of $74.75 vs a single payment of $299.

Just passing it on.

Where do you see this? I see the option for $299. Does it come up after you select it? 

20 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Problem is they screw you without it:

Sunday Ticket w/YouTubeTV: $299 (+$73 for YT TV)

Sunday Ticket without YouTubeTV: $399

So basically it's more expensive to buy just Sunday Ticket. Nice! 😡

That's $73 per month. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

What do u need for the student discount? My nephew is in college and will definitely take advantage of this if possible 

I don't know yet.  Just bringing up for others who might be interested.  The article says the pricing will be in next week.

It sounds like it will work the same way DirecTV student discount worked.

quote from article:  An official price point for students was not made, but Lessard wrote that details will be announced "within the next week."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10086321-youtube-confirms-nfl-sunday-ticket-will-have-discounted-student-pricing-tier

50 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Problem is they screw you without it:

Sunday Ticket w/YouTubeTV: $299 (+$73 for YT TV)

Sunday Ticket without YouTubeTV: $399

So basically it's more expensive to buy just Sunday Ticket. Nice! 😡

The football season is longer than 1 month tho

On 8/15/2023 at 7:29 PM, balln said:

Does anyone know - can you share accounts ? Originally it seemed like they were going to let 2 ppl share account. I assumed my dad in Rochester and me in Philadelphia. And we’d split the cost. But now it’s not clear. Like YouTube wants you to get your own account?

You can share up to 6 devices from one address and 2 additional outside the house so you can have up to 3 homes on a family plan. That's what we got.

On 8/19/2023 at 4:14 PM, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

Steptide,

I'm already a YouTubeTV subscriber.  I signed into my account and went to settings, then membership.   Under base plan there is an option to add NFL Sunday Ticket at 4 equal payment option or a full price option.

Hmmm. When I hit add the Sunday ticket option, it only gives me the option at full price. Are you doing this through your computer or mobile? Shouldn't be a difference, but Ya never know. Also, if you could quote me so I get the notification 😉

On 8/15/2023 at 7:33 PM, benderbender said:

Says unlimited streams at home, two mobile. 

The website repeats at least 3 times in the disclaimer about Sunday Ticket that there are absolutely no refunds for any reason.

So no takesies backsies.

This is not true, I actually took it back looking at how many games I would actually need on Sunday Ticket. They refunded me without issue.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/19/2023 at 3:29 PM, ColoradoBills said:

On 8/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, Steptide said:

Where do you see this? I see the option for $299. Does it come up after you select it? 

https://cordcuttersnews.com/youtube-tvs-student-nfl-sunday-ticket-is-just-109-for-a-full-season-nfl-redzone-is-just-10-a-season/

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, jayg said:

Thanks a bunch, jayg!  I forwarded this to my nephew Adam (who just started college) and it's really going to be worth it. 

Sunday Ticket and Redzone for $119.00!

The site also gives a step-by-step instruction for him to sign up which is great!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Damn. My son just said he was thinking about going back to school for another degree ... starting in January. 😞

There is an easier way to get the discount but I am not going to post it here. Don't want to loose my loophole. But happy to share in private. 🧐

36 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I wonder if Master's degree students can get this.

I don't see why they wouldn't. I think they just need proof of enrollment. DirecTV used to require an EDU email address, but I've heard YouTube doesn't.

Has anyone watched a game yet or accessed the Sunday Ticket? 

I purchased Sunday Ticket early in but on my smart TVs, under settings and membership , it does not show up. It does show up on app on the phone. 

when I Do a  search for the Bills on smart TV, only the two previous games come up. The Sunday ticket icon shows as well, and when I click that the Bills game shows, but when I click nothing happens 

However, when I go into library and click scheduled, the game shows as being recorded at 1:00 as they do a trial run today for the 3 games, and anything Buffalo Bills gets auto recorded for me.

Feel like I am missing something like opening a link or something. 

also to note, I have NFL games set to auto record , and when I click that icon in the library all the condensed pre season games in there, but not when I click on the Sunday ticket icon. 

Interesting how this will work, be great to get others experience. I am in golf trny today so will not be watching till late afternoon.

BTW  , I have been a YTTV sun since 2019. 

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I purchased Sunday Ticket early in but on my smart TVs, under settings and membership , it does not show up. It does show up on app on the phone. 

when I Do a  search for the Bills on smart TV, only the two previous games come up. The Sunday ticket icon shows as well, and when I click that the Bills game shows, but when I click nothing happens 

However, when I go into library and click scheduled, the game shows as being recorded at 1:00 as they do a trial run today for the 3 games, and anything Buffalo Bills gets auto recorded for me.

also to note, I have NFL games set to auto record , and when I click that icon in the library all the condensed pre season games in there, but not when I click on the Sunday ticket icon. 

Interesting how this will work, be great to get others experience. I am in golf trny today so will not be watching till late afternoon.

I think you're fine. I don't see anything on my YouTube TV either, but in my settings it says I'm subscribed

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

I think you're fine. I don't see anything on my YouTube TV either, but in my settings it says I'm subscribed

We’ve had YouTube TV for a while thanks to my wife. Now I just need to get subscribed for Sunday Ticket. I HATE that I don’t really know what I’m doing out of the gate, but I’m thankful I get a weekend of football to try it out before the Bills open on Monday night. By week 2 it should be smooth sailing. 

EDIT: I stand corrected. We had the YouTube app, but not YTTV.  I HOPE I’m set up now, but I’m glad we get a weekend to figure it out. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 8/24/2023 at 8:23 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Is it okay for a student to share his ID with another family member? I feel like YouTube Tv would be okay with that. 

No, per Google.  The one thing that surprises me is that it doesn't require you to be on campus.  A simple work around is to buy the plan for your student, but the parent watches from home every week where ever they live.  Just requires the student not to also want to watch.  But Sunday at 1:00 most students are still sleeping or too hung over to care.  Having YTTV I know they are pretty good about knowing exactly where you are logging in from.

Student Plans do not include family sharing, and only include one signed-in device and one concurrent stream at a time.

Eligibility for the NFL Sunday Ticket Student Plan

To sign up for an NFL Sunday Ticket student membership, you must:

Be 18 years of age or older.

Be enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university.

Be verified as a student by SheerID. For help with the verification process, contact SheerID or review their FAQs.

While you do not need to be enrolled at a U.S. institution to be eligible, you must be located in the U.S. to watch and purchase NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube.

You will be required to verify your eligibility before purchasing the NFL Sunday Ticket Student Plan for future seasons.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I bought the stand alone ST back in June when it was slightly discounted and am worried about how this whole thing is going to work.  

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I am watching NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube TV, live, and it is a good 15 seconds behind ESPN's Gamecast. Not ideal.

with satellite, cable, regular tv, internet. You're never going to be in complete sync with all. I was ahead or behind family members last season and we all had directv or cable

On 8/15/2023 at 7:29 PM, balln said:

Does anyone know - can you share accounts ? Originally it seemed like they were going to let 2 ppl share account. I assumed my dad in Rochester and me in Philadelphia. And we’d split the cost. But now it’s not clear. Like YouTube wants you to get your own account?

Yes, I'm using my moms account, up to 4 or 5 I think.

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

watching today's game. No issues

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.