Jalen Ramsey - having knee surgery- will miss the start of the regular season. Acl intact

NewEra

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

What if you're on a PED?  Doesn't that technically count as giving more than 100%?

Physically but not effort wise.

But, haha, I get what your joking about.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

what if i owe you $100 and I give you $110, haven't I given you 110%

That has nothing to do with effort, it’s just math 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Why do I feel that every person that says oh my gosh I just hate seeing injuries to other teams, I always want to play against the best…blah blah blah… those are the people that are probably dancing in the street when it happens.

Personally, I could give a rat's you know what. Injuries happen, there will be others. If they happen to opponents and not the Bills I'm happy. Just being honest.

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Why do I feel that every person that says oh my gosh I just hate seeing injuries to other teams, I always want to play against the best…blah blah blah… those are the people that are probably dancing in the street when it happens.

Probably because we've played before and we know how much it sucks getting hurt

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I am not a "I always want to play against the best" guy. I'd take beating the Bears practice squad if it means the Bills winning a Superbowl. I don't feel sorry for other teams when their guys go down, it is part of the game. 

I do, however, feel sorry for the players themselves on a basic human level. I'd had a hernia fixed, ankle surgery and a miniscus repaired by the time I was 24 and it basically finished my semi-pro soccer career. I empathise with the physical and mental toll it takes. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

Julian Edelman was my only exception to this rule. 

I'll see your Edelman, and raise you one Cheap-shot-Gronkowski. 

Now I know it seems unkind to call out a guy whose brain matter is more than likely mashed potatoes and an IQ of 9, but none the less...

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not a "I always want to play against the best" guy. I'd take beating the Bears practice squad if it means the Bills winning a Superbowl. I don't feel sorry for other teams when their guys go down, it is part of the game. 

I do, however, feel sorry for the players themselves on a basic human level. I'd had a hernia fixed, ankle surgery and a miniscus repaired by the time I was 24 and it basically finished my semi-pro soccer career. I empathise with the physical and mental toll it takes. 

Perfectly said. Every year the teams that win championships essentially get more “breaks” than everyone else. Nobody remembers it. All that matters is the trophy. 

And I completely agree on a human level for the individual involved. 

2 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

He's out until December. How is that the "First half of 2023?" So the first half is 11 games and the second half is 6? I never was great in math, but something is not adding up. 

It doesn't have to be broken by perfect mathematics lol 

And if he is out till December he did miss over the first half of the season ... So it still works 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

In the last 4 months….

I fell off of a ladder, sliced my shin open on the fence post coming down that required 12 stitches.  I ended up in a patch of poison ivy that covered my back and legs. 

I herniated a disc in my neck a few weeks before that.

I broke my big toe and the nail is finally growing back.

Tore my labrum in April.

I have a black cloud over me.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

2 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

He's out until December. How is that the "First half of 2023?" So the first half is 11 games and the second half is 6? I never was great in math, but something is not adding up. 

Maybe we can get the Formula Man to work this one out for us for clarification?  🤷‍♂️

They did some management succession testing/evaluation stuff at one of my employers. A day of all kinds of testing and a follow up appointment with a psychologist. I scored very well in some areas, but was told it would be a good idea to keep a calculator handy at all times. Sister Jeanne made me learn it in high school, and I’ve been busy forgetting it all ever since.

2 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

They don’t like admitting how wrong they are and all the analysts said he’d just miss the start of the regular season originally lol 

Meniscus tear has 2 options, either a full repair which is 6-9 months, or a meniscectomy which is 6-8 weeks.

Meniscectomy just cuts out the damaged part of the meniscus. It doesn't grow back or repair itself. You get back to playing quickly, but have a partial meniscus for the rest of your life.

Meniscus repair is just like it sounds, it keeps the meniscus intact but has a very long recovery time due to very little bloodflow in cartilage. Most athletes under the age of 30 opt for repair to avoid knee issues in the future. Recovery can take longer, even if Ramsey returns late in the season, he may not be be 100% until the 2024 season.

2 hours ago, 947 said:

Meniscus tear has 2 options, either a full repair which is 6-9 months, or a meniscectomy which is 6-8 weeks.

Meniscectomy just cuts out the damaged part of the meniscus. It doesn't grow back or repair itself. You get back to playing quickly, but have a partial meniscus for the rest of your life.

Meniscus repair is just like it sounds, it keeps the meniscus intact but has a very long recovery time due to very little bloodflow in cartilage. Most athletes under the age of 30 opt for repair to avoid knee issues in the future. Recovery can take longer, even if Ramsey returns late in the season, he may not be be 100% until the 2024 season.

At least Ramsey will have access to a pro S&C team. I had 6 months to eat, drink, do almost no exercise and put on a stone in weight.

9 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

My first thought exactly. And, I suck at math too. Was my worst subject. I still don't know how you can get a number for an amswer when the question has X's and Y's in it. 

Edited by Bubba Gump

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.