NFL Owners Expected to approve today the sale of the Washington Commanders

Jerry Jabber

1 minute ago, eball said:

with a peanut logo?

I don't know. I always thought the redskins thing was cool. Especially growing up watching westerns seeing the Indians and how tough they were. It's a badass name, IMO. 

Red Wolves or Redtails were the best options and Snyder was too cheap, spineless, and/or stupid to make it happen. 

Red Wolves / Redwolves was a copyright problem with the NBA’s Timberwolves? Bah. 🦓 💩. There are / were teams with literally the same name in major sports leagues & colleges. Jets. Oilers. Cowboys (Dallas, Oklahoma State). Kings (Sacramento, LA). Half of the CFL is some form of Rough Riders. Bulls (Chicago, NYC Red Bulls). I could go on if I had had some caffeine this morning.

If I were a new owner, I’d make sure to scrub 🧽🧼🪣 anything Dan Snyder was involved in.

Going back to Redskins is a nonstarter, financially speaking. Trademark office and the courts iirc ruled that a trademark will not be allowed for the word. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Washington fans cheering wildly, yet when they woke up this AM their team still stinks.  No franchise WB and “Riverboat” as HC and Andy Reid’s menu laminator as OC

Yup, I'm in the DC area and while the joy here is palpable, they still have a lot of problems.  

2 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bullets, Redskins and now Commanders.  Enough with the name changes, Washington.

I agree I would fixed that nonsense move the Washington NBA team back as the Baltimore Bullets and move the Washington NFL team to Virginia and call them the Virginia Squires in Red, White and Blue. You can’t do sports business in Washington, D.C. anymore without the politics move both the teams along the the Washington Nationals MLB back to Montreal as the Montreal Expos and move the Washington Capitals NHL to Hartford as the Hartford Whalers problem solved at least the teams would be appreciated in those areas in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Snyder is the James Dolan of the NFL (although Dolan has finally stayed out of meddling in team operations and cleaned up the organization a bit since 2015) only somehow more toxic. Getting rid of him is only a positive for the league and a long starved loyal fanbase. 

52 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

I agree I would fixed that nonsense move the Washington NBA team back as the Baltimore Bullets and move the Washington NFL team to Virginia and call them the Virginia Squires in Red, White and Blue. You can’t do sports business in Washington, D.C. anymore without the politics move both the teams along the the Washington Nationals MLB back to Montreal as the Montreal Expos and move the Washington Capitals NHL to Hartford as the Hartford Whalers problem solved at least the teams would be appreciated in those areas in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

"Baltimore Bullets" lol im farrrrrr from PC/political but that absolutely can not be done lol that place is a literal warzone day to day, but if were going this route:

I like Washington Raw-Dimebaggers

Longshot ticket on:

Norfolk Omar's(Coming)

40 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Snyder is the James Dolan of the NFL (although Dolan has finally stayed out of meddling in team operations and cleaned up the organization a bit since 2015) only somehow more toxic. Getting rid of him is only a positive for the league and a long starved loyal fanbase. 

Difference is, when the Knicks stink, the Garden still sells out. Fans don't stay away--prices on secondary market were still crazy.

The change in ownership high will fade quickly.

35 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Just getting rid of Snyder is good enough for now...the disdain for this individual here cannot be measured. 

I guess so.  But why would it make fans more likely to see the team that will be fielded--because when they look toward the owner's box, someone else will be there?

This team has many actual problems.  Bad man as owner wasn't really one as far as performance is concerned. 

5 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Yup, I'm in the DC area and while the joy here is palpable, they still have a lot of problems.  

Same here. I’m sure the new owners will try to improve the game day experience for the fans immediately, but the on field product is going to take a while. I don’t expect to see any real personnel changes until the offseason.

46 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I don't get the vitriol toward Snyder. Most of these guys are shitlords 

Just think how bad he must be if two dozen other shitlords would rather not be associated with him because he exceeds their shitlordishness.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Same here. I’m sure the new owners will try to improve the game day experience for the fans immediately, but the on field product is going to take a while. I don’t expect to see any real personnel changes until the offseason.

A new owner will also vastly improve the chances of getting a new stadium deal done as well. The fans know that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/21/2023 at 6:23 AM, Nextmanup said:

Fans of the 'skins are probably finally breathing a HUGE sigh of relief.

They finally have a chance at actually improving.

Reminds me of a franchise I'm familiar with.

The Browns. Gotcha!

Agreed.

On 7/22/2023 at 4:53 AM, Mr. WEO said:

This team has many actual problems.  Bad man as owner wasn't really one as far as performance is concerned. 

Bad man as owner, yeah, fair enough.

Incompetent football man who thought he was a good football man really was one of their big problems. He consistently interfered over the years, and did a crap job bringing in GMs and heads of football operations, favoring sycophants over excellence.

I lived in Arlington and Rosslyn for a while during the Jack Kent Cooke era. That was an impressive machine, and I got to see the Bills mill around outside the stadium after games a couple of times as well. Couldn't believe Shane Conlan's shoulders, or how small Tasker was compared to the rest of them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/21/2023 at 11:22 AM, HOUSE said:

The Washington Magic Johnsons

I could have a lot of fun with that name :D

That’s what she said…

On 7/21/2023 at 7:54 PM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I don't get the vitriol toward Snyder. Most of these guys are shitlords 

I think we all get that, the issue is that although becoming a multi billionaire generally requires questionable acts, the smart ones keep their image more neutral and don’t pride themselves publicly on being a misogynistic turd of a human being and screwing / threatening their league partners, stuff like that, oh, and that ever so pesky fielding of crap teams, etc etc. 

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Bad man as owner, yeah, fair enough.

Incompetent football man who thought he was a good football man really was one of their big problems. He consistently interfered over the years, and did a crap job bringing in GMs and heads of football operations, favoring sycophants over excellence.

I lived in Arlington and Rosslyn for a while during the Jack Kent Cooke era. That was an impressive machine, and I got to see the Bills mill around outside the stadium after games a couple of times as well. Couldn't believe Shane Conlan's shoulders, or how small Tasker was compared to the rest of them.

So hen do they dump Ron Rivera?  Who will be the new GM?  Those are the only meaningful changes for your team, not who the owner is.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:31 PM, Mr Wild said:

Looking back at the old mock up fans made are interesting to look at again

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/07/30/washington-football-team-rebrand-contest-results/football/

Allen-Bertsche.png

Rollin-Garcia-.png

Patrick-Martin.png

I like the Red Hawk name if they don’t go back to Washington Football Team. I think WFT is solid like the New York Football Giants. 

11 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Remember when we had new owners take over?  A FO and owner can have a huge impact on a teams success.  They build it. Or don't.  

And promptly hired Rex Ryan---yeah, I remember that....

Anyway, as I have said a few times, unless the HC and GM are let go, I don't see how a different guy in the owners box makes this mess of a tam better on Sunday.

49 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And promptly hired Rex Ryan---yeah, I remember that....

Anyway, as I have said a few times, unless the HC and GM are let go, I don't see how a different guy in the owners box makes this mess of a tam better on Sunday.

The owner decides who the GM and coach are.  OBD made mistakes, corrected and now our franchise is looked at different 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.