Thad Brown the first to be offended by Josh

25 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The media did blow this up to ridiculous levels.  It's what they do. Thad can pretend that isn't the case if it helps him sleep at night.

Agreed but it's also what the media does.  Piss poor choice of words when McDermott said "Very concerned"  What did he expect was going to happen after he said that?  It was handled poorly all the way around by all parties 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Agreed but it's also what the media does.  Piss poor choice of words when McDermott said "Very concerned"  What did he expect was going to happen after he said that?  It was handled poorly all the way around by all parties 

I think McDemott could’ve done a better job but at that moment it did sound like they had a disagreement that wasn’t resolved. It also sounds like McDermott thought it was best for Diggs not to practice day 1.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Media: purposefully tailors a question for maximum inflammatory effect

Media: capitalizes like famished hyenas when the inevitable answer comes

Media when josh allen points this out:

https://giphy.com/gifs/baby-crying-who-framed-roger-rabbit-2Qs2hKWMvEzdu

It really is amazing how purposely inflammatory the media is while at the same time acting as if they are beyond reproach and the epitome of integrity.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I believe them when they say it’s resolved but until Diggs speaks it won’t go away.

Even when he does speak, he's not going to give them an answer that will be accepted.

It will likely be the same stuff they have been saying with no details and the speculation will continue.

56 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Too funny.

Everyone called it in the hours after McDermott PC.  That the Bills “play” to clean this up would be to deny to and blame media.

Mcdermott handled the deny/lie.

Allen handled the blame media.

Hopefully, Diggs is taking note of how his co-workers are acting like clowns to protect him.

that should count for something, right?!

Yep.

And the homers lapped it up like thirsty pups.

• Vomit 1

17 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Even when he does speak, he's not going to give them an answer that will be accepted.

It will likely be the same stuff they have been saying with no details and the speculation will continue.

Diggs hasn’t spoken to local media since November, which is odd for a healthy captain. 

Speaking will be a nice start. All of this is his fault.

I think 90% of sports media is a joke. I will take Allen’s side over then 100% of the time and he’s a great teammate for having Diggs’ back.

but it’s kinda BS to say all that stuff was media created. There are clearly issues and it’s the media’s job (most of them are terrible) to report on that. 

I know we live in a world where everything only be black or white but several things can be true:

- Diggs is being a diva

- McDermott was annoyed by it

- media was stirring the pot looking for stories

- and by September this isn’t even a thing 

but we are in a place where just saying fake news means everything is false and that’s not always the case. Bottom line is Allen is being a great leader and in a very good place.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yep.

Yeah! unlike the "realists" who couldn't possibly be lapping up a July drought driven media narrative that Diggs is super duper unhappy bc he missed 1 of 2 minicamp practices. 

Noooo, its gotta be the dumb homers. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Diggs hasn’t spoken to local media since November, which is odd for a healthy captain. 

Speaking will be a nice start. All of this is his fault.

I don't disagree.  All I'm saying is he won't give an answer that will be good enough for all of the drama that has been circling this situation.

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well folks if you had good old Jets Fan Thad as the first one to be upset by Josh’s comments about the media blowing things out of proportion on your bingo card you win. 

That hornet is a dung beatle and has no stinger.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yep.

*slurping on journo boots*

You HOMERS didn't notice that McDermott was asked "how concerned are you???" implying a level of concern is definitely present before the coach can get a word out, and answered "very!" What now, HOMERS?!?@?! your world must be crumbling around you after the OTA PC 4 weeks ago!!

*resumes to slobber all over the dirty leather soles worn by some dude named thad* "I am in MENSA!!!"

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't disagree.  All I'm saying is he won't give an answer that will be good enough for all of the drama that has been circling this situation.

All he has to say is he’s moved on. Not talking is the exact opposite of that. Everyone has jobs to do. He’s acting weird.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well folks if you had good old Jets Fan Thad as the first one to be upset by Josh’s comments about the media blowing things out of proportion on your bingo card you win. 

I am not sure he was first.  I tuned in WGR the morning (I know, first mistake) and Jeremy White’s stooge (Nate Geary?) was making a big deal about this.  I turned it in again three hours later and was still incredulous about it.  

9 minutes ago, arcane said:

You HOMERS didn't notice that McDermott was asked "how concerned are you???" implying a level of concern is definitely present before the coach can get a word out, and answered "very!" What now, HOMERS?!?@?! your world must be crumbling around you after the OTA PC 4 weeks ago!!

*resumes to slobber all over the dirty leather soles worn by some dude named thad* "I am in MENSA!!!"

You and everyone else needs to start ignoring this horrid, useless, arrogant for no reason troll who calls himself a genius and is anything but.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All he has to say is he’s moved on. Not talking is the exact opposite of that. Everyone has jobs to do. He’s acting weird.

Allen is an over seller.

When he REALLY wants things…he oversells.

On the field and in interviews.

Young guy that really wants things, and really wants you to know how much he wants them.

lots of time…he just pushes too much.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, arcane said:

McDermott was asked "how concerned are you???" implying a level of concern is definitely present before the coach can get a word out, and answered "very!"

This is the best excuse yet.

Downright hilarious.

This is akin to:

Journalist: How many people have you murdered?

Interviewee: Many. I have murdered many people.

Homers: Well of course he had to answer that way! How dare that journalist ask a question in such a way that forces the interviewee to respond in that way!!!

Edited by Einstein
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This is the best excuse yet.

Downright hilarious.

This is akin to:

Journalist: How many people have you murdered?

Interviewee: Many. I have murdered many people.

Homers: Well of course he had to answer that way! How dare that journalist ask a question in such a way that forces the interviewee to respond in that way!!!

I highly doubt that Diggs missing the practice and McDermott saying he isnt concerned would have derailed the media train. They would certainly have went full steam ahead with their Diggs speculation and conspiracies, and maybe would have tossed in a "McDermott seems detached or not in touch with the lockerroom" or some other nonsense, again bc they have nothing better to talk about in June.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Again, I'm in agreement with you but the question is likely still to linger of "what was the issue?" If the details aren't given and every talking head and journalist is going to have this whole thing in the back of their heads waiting for another incident so they can rehash it all over again.

4 hours ago, astb41 said:

This is all I’ve seen via ProFootballTalk:

“I love him. That’s my guy,” Allen said of Diggs on Bussin With the Boys. “The media has blown this so far out of proportion . We are in minicamp. We’re not playing a game for four months. He doesn’t show up for one day, he’s still there, coach asked him to go home, they’re in talks, they’re trying to resolve some things. They’re still talking about it. Let it go. There’s no reason to continue talking about it.”

This is basically the extent of what I've heard from Allen re: the media on Diggs situation also

imo that's really not much of a call out and seems like an overreaction from Thad Brown

• Agree 3

I was thinking about the couple of good moments he had with the Bills and wondering why he'd want to be at odds with the franchise, and then I realized that this guy is Thad BROWN and I was thinking of Thad LEWIS.

Edited by msw2112
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Allen is an over seller.

When he REALLY wants things…he oversells.

On the field and in interviews.

Young guy that really wants things, and really wants you to know how much he wants them.

lots of time…he just pushes too much.

Buffalo_Stampede was referring to Diggs not Allen.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is basically the extent of what I've heard from Allen re: the media on Diggs situation also

imo that's really not much of a call out and seems like an overreaction from Thad Brown

Agreed.  "The media overreacted" is pretty damned general to take personally, unless Thad Brown wants to lump himself in with every media outlet in the country.

Which, would not recommend itself to me if I were in his position, but Thad's gotta Thad.

2 hours ago, arcane said:

What does baseball players got to do with Bills and your lovechild Thad?

5 hours ago, benderbender said:

Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL. We’re just too predictable. Cowherd figured us out, Nick Wright plays us like a fiddle, and that was relatively okay. They’re the top of media mountain. Now every podcast can kick our collective hornets nest for clicks and it’s disappointing. 

Yup, they are the best fan base in the NFL, no doubt about it, but sadly a large number of Bills fans just live to be baited by any media outlet/personality,  and they end up looking like a bunch of pearl clutching knuckleheads,  yet they fall for the bait over and over, Nick Wright likely bought a new multimillion dollar house with the click revenue Bills fans gave him, he loves Bills fans, 

6 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

That's it?

Thad Brown really is an overgrown manbaby, getting stroppy at that.

Stroppy is one of my favorite British idioms.

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I was thinking about the couple of good moments he had with the Bills and wondering why he'd want to be at odds with the franchise, and then I realized that this guy is Thad BROWN and I was thinking of Thad LEWIS.

I thought the same thing.  Different Thad....

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

“Hey Thad, guess what I like about you?”

”Hmm,what?”

”Nothing. Not a f****ing thing. “

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.