Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Sometimes leadership involves a shock, and ***IF*** some of these rumors are true regarding Josh, he did the right thing here. Unorthodox moves can lead to a reset which makes the team even stronger, or it could fail- a risk, but if it's true then something had to happen.

We don't know the full story, so until we do get more information, you really can't say if he was right or wrong.

You're just taking your personal feelings about the matter and looking to make the facts fit. Leadership would be having a difficult conversation. Creating a media circus does nothing - no one even knows why he left so there is no benefit to creating an issue. You're speculating about theories posited here about Josh that no one has confirmed. He has a job to do and he didn't do it - that is the extent of the story. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If I broadcast something from the practice and it results in the loss of the credentials needed to do my job, I don't really have the right to broadcast something from the practice.

Get it?

These guys are in the press.  They trump internal policies of the Bills.  

I'm speaking as a lawyer, for what that's worth.

Then as a lawyer you should also realize a private business does not even have to allow the press into practice. Rules really are not that hard to follow. Company policies can and are interpreted as law in several industries. 

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

16 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Yeah sounds right. So they can't officially report it until after practice per Matt Parrino below:

But thank God he missed yesterday otherwise we could have buried and moved on from this story, now it gets to ***** linger on.

An thus ended our National Nightmare...  :beer: 

Thank goodness, I've got a crapton of work to do after ignoring everything for how ever many hours it's been!! 🤣

Edited by Heitz

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

You're just taking your personal feelings about the matter and looking to make the facts fit. Leadership would be having a difficult conversation. Creating a media circus does nothing - no one even knows why he left so there is no benefit to creating an issue. You're speculating about theories posited here about Josh that no one has confirmed. He has a job to do and he didn't do it - that is the extent of the story. 

How do you KNOW that Stefon didn't already have those serious conversations with Josh, and he didn't change his behavior? You have no idea. I had been in a senior leadership position leading young people in the military for years, having to do the delicate balance and delving into some serious subjects. I know what the difference is between a closed door conversation and a public rebuke. A public rebuke is rare, but sometimes you have to go to extremes to do what you can. 

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

That saying was clearly created by someone who never learned or practiced the skill set I’m talking about. 😉

Everyone has various degrees of cognitive abilities. Thus, decision making process and learning may be range from difficult to easy. 

To make a blanket statement that decisions are easy for people or should be easy is not always the case. Sometimes, the best informed decisions turn out to be incorrect. Unforseen variables or unfortunate circumstances. 

I'm not sure what technique you are talking about. I do believe people can educate themselves, seek expertise advice, trust their instincts, weigh the pros and cons, etc...can assist in decision making. If that's what you are implying then we are in agreement. Nevertheless, many decisions in life are still difficult ones. 

Edited by newcam2012

so if he is back what does that say about his relative in maryland who gives out secret family details to strangers at volunteer events.

I just don't think this is over until this family member tells us more about josh's film study habits.  

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I have the right to go out and protest on the street corner and scream and yell stuff too. If someone decided to come out and kill me because they didn't like what I was saying, I still had the right to do it, there were just consequences I had to pay for it tho.

The 1st Amendment does not  apply to private actors like the Bills.  Only the government cannot abridge your 1st Amendment rights.  Bills can do whatever they like.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Lol.  115 page thread about a veteran missing one practice in June is damn impressive.  

We're a passionate bunch who may also give the Bills far more real estate in our heads than they deserve 😂

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Lol.  115 page thread about a veteran missing one practice in June is damn impressive.  

I am just stunned that:

1. I read most of this, at least from page 60 on

2. I learned more gossip about Josh's and Stef's sex lives in a couple hours than I have any right to know.

I will never look at them the same way again. The sex maniac and the two girls in different hotel rooms at the same time player.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Everything is OK guys. Diggs and Allen touched hands.

If you zoom in and squint really hard you can CLEARLY see that that this finger tap is forced and and obvious PR ploy by Allen, Diggs, the Bills and likely Von (about to be gone) Miller!  

I mean, why aren't they hugging?  Why does't Diggs have a catch in this clip?  Is Allen favoring Knox??  And where is Dorsey - no where to be seen, IS HE FIRED!?

Am I doing this right?  🤣 :beer: 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I do understand what you are trying to say.. with the conspiracy theories and hyperbole

But I also understand that this is not just 1 veteran missing 1 practice... There is an underlying story and most of are damn curious to know what that story is

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I wouldn't go advertising this. It makes your being completely wrong somehow worse. Press have to sign a credentials agreement to receive credentials, there is a thing called contract law fwiw. As a lawyer I presume you're familiar. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Heitz said:

If you zoom in and squint really hard you can CLEARLY see that that this finger tap is forced and and obvious PR ploy by Allen, Diggs, the Bills and likely Von (about to be gone) Miller!  

I mean, why aren't they hugging?  Why does't Diggs have a catch in this clip?  Is Allen favoring Knox??  And where is Dorsey - no where to be seen, IS HE FIRED!?

Am I doing this right?  🤣 :beer: 

Perfect form.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Casey D said:

The 1st Amendment does not  apply to private actors like the Bills.  Only the government cannot abridge your 1st Amendment rights.  Bills can do whatever they like.

thank you for stating this correctly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

How do you KNOW that Stefon didn't already have those serious conversations with Josh, and he didn't change his behavior? You have no idea. I had been in a senior leadership position leading young people in the military for years, having to do the delicate balance and delving into some serious subjects. I know what the difference is between a closed door conversation and a public rebuke. A public rebuke is rare, but sometimes you have to go to extremes to do what you can. 

I don't and neither do you, you're just speculating which is worthless as a means to make your case. There was no "public rebuke", he simply left and the repercussions of his leaving objectively fell on any teammate of his who had to be interviewed subsequently. 

Going back and forth with me about theories and speculation isn't really going to do much for a point that is being argued subjectively. You're welcome to your opinion, we can disagree. That's what the little red X is for. :thumbsup:

Edited by ndirish1978

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If I broadcast something from the practice and it results in the loss of the credentials needed to do my job, I don't really have the right to broadcast something from the practice.

Get it?

These guys are in the press.  They trump internal policies of the Bills.  

Star%2520Final.jpg

I AM A LAWYER...

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not sure.

And if he has a kid, so what.  I have a kid.  Why isn't anyone gossiping about me?

When's the last time you leapt over a linebacker?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.