Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

31 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

To your point the media and the locals protect the Bills.  Printing/publication of something salacious like this (assuming the sordid details are true) = end of access to the team.  (Which is sort of absurd, really, because the PR department gives the local media guys nothing.)  And, historically, the locals (be they in OP, EA, WS, or Hamburg) have kept certain salacious matters either to themselves or out of the news out of courtesy to the Bills and out of respect for privacy.  

Along those lines, all of the stuff that Jeremy White is saying today about Diggs maybe being in the right here - it’s not by accident.  He knows something.  What it is he knows I have no idea—I suspect that it relates to Diggs’s desire to have the same buy-in from others that Diggs provides, and for Diggs to have the same say as others who might be less dedicated than Diggs. But I strongly suspect that, if he takes something public and the Bills deem it out of school, Bills PR would be all over Audacy, which in turn should be all over White.  

I do not think the Bills PR does that good with PR. They're lucky they're in a small market with passive journalism. They have a stranglehold over the media. If this was LA, NY, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, or maybe even Detroit or Washington. Dallas has a strangle of their media, too.

It's annoying. The ball washing and boot licking of the Bills is worn out. 

37 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

No.  Sorry, Cow-Man, "without the drama" really can't be done here.

Besides, how boring would that be?

Posters who complain about other posters would find out quickly that they actually miss the posters they complaint about, if they were to leave.

Drama is the spice of life.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Unpopular take: Adam Thielen was actually the #1 receiver for those Vikes teams.

It's not a "take", it was factually true.  Thielen was, in fact, the #1 receiver on the Vikes from 2016-2018.  In 2019, it was Diggs, but Thielen was injured and missed 6 games.

It's probably worth noting that the 2019 season - the season where Diggs unleashed drama, missed practices, and got fined for it - was his best season on the Vikes by far.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Me at 12:14

giphy.gif

Unfortunately, the media isn't allowed to report anything during practice unless the Bills specifically say they can.  So it's possible we won't know anything until after practice.

Edited by The Wiz

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's not a "take", it was factually true.  Thielen was, in fact, the #1 receiver on the Vikes from 2016-2018.  In 2019, it was Diggs, but Thielen was injured and missed 6 games.

I guess I should've said "Adam Thielen in his prime was better than Diggs has been in his prime."

That would be a more controversial opinion in these parts?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

True. Something like this happens on the Jets or Giants, it blows up waaaay beyond what we'll see here.

108 pages or about 2,100 posts in less than a day isn't?  Not to mention it's a headline on ESPN.com?  

1 minute ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Can i get a readers digest version of wtf is going on? I got that Diggs was not at practice but is in Buffalo etc etc, but i just do not have the patience to read through 107 pages of posts...LOL

I have quickly scanned and the nearest I can figure out, Josh got drunk and had his way with Diggs the night before the Bengals playoff game. Whether or not Diggs got pregnant seems to be a question.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Can i get a readers digest version of wtf is going on? I got that Diggs was not at practice but is in Buffalo etc etc, but i just do not have the patience to read through 107 pages of posts...LOL

The short version is no one knows.  Diggs is unhappy.  Exactly why, no one knows.

He might have complaints with Dorsey, Allen, McDermott.  I'm sure it mostly stems from him not liking how he is involved in the offensive scheme, or he just wants the ball more, or something like that.

• Like (+1) 1

Who knows what is going on but if there is an issue, I would hope McDermott or Beane call a meeting with all parties involved to clear the air. Next month training camp starts, and this can't or shouldn't be an issue at that time. At that time the focus needs to be on getting ready for the season and eventually kicking the Jets ass on 9/11.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

The short version is no one knows.  Diggs is unhappy.  Exactly why, no one knows.

He might have complaints with Dorsey, Allen, McDermott.  I'm sure it mostly stems from him not liking how he is involved in the offensive scheme, or he just wants the ball more, or something like that.

And, of course, everyone has a friend who has a brother who knows something and says Steph is mad at Josh because he's the center of attention, or slept with Steph's ex, or stole his clown shoes.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Umm, “boss,” local police sweep more under the rug than you’d ever believe…

Again, I don’t know whether any of this is true but it came, unsolicited, from two separate sources who don’t know each other but have some tie to local OP police.

the call is still logged as incoming in the 911 system. Body cams are public record, assuming BPD uses them. Police sweep much less under the rug than they once were able to.

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

I do not think the Bills PR does that good with PR. They're lucky they're in a small market with passive journalism. They have a stranglehold over the media. If this was LA, NY, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, or maybe even Detroit or Washington. Dallas has a strangle of their media, too.

It's annoying. The ball washing and boot licking of the Bills is worn out. 

There’s no choice here.  Toe the line in the media or get cut out.  Remember when McD lost it on Buscaglia (I think) over something about a fake punt? Here the scribes take it.  In a bigger market, not so much.  Or, if they do eat it, they get a scoop in return. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. Bigger still! Just because the NYC market is about 50 times bigger than ours.

OK, I admit the intrigue is becoming more than Marshawn plowing over inebriated women on Chippewa 15 years ago.  And just in time for the NFL calendar down time of June-July. :lol:

And yeah...I get the demographics involved comparing NYC to BUF. 

Edited by BillsVet

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Stefon latest Tweet referred to "letting them cap", "keep lying big dawg". Only person I know who spoke about situation and stated that Diggs not being at OTA was HC. 🤔

It's very hard to interpret his crypto-jive, which is why I don't try.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the call is still logged as incoming in the 911 system. Body cams are public record, assuming BPD uses them. Police sweep much less under the rug than they once were able to.

That assumes any call went to 911 and that resounding officers had body cams in and engaged.  What if—and this is PURELY conjecture—a Bills player in a non-emergent situation called the Bills head of security, who in turn called a contact in LE for “advice,” who in turn handled response from there?  

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That assumes any call went to 911 and that resounding officers had body cams in and engaged.  What if—and this is PURELY conjecture—a Bills player in a non-emergent situation called the Bills head of security, who in turn called a contact in LE for “advice,” who in turn handled response from there?  

That's been pointed out as the likely occurrence a few times (assuming the reports of a visit are true). But he wants to dig his heels in ;)

Edited by yall
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Thanks for sharing. This story, from a Diggs familial connection, adds to my belief in the underlying problem. Diggs can’t stand that Josh is getting the recognition that Diggs wants.  The “he can do no wrong “ comment about Allen shows underlying jealousy on Diggs part. Diggs actions regarding the Bills this offseason are self-centered and immature. I don’t see this ending well. It looks like Minnesota part 2.  

If that were true that Diggs can't stand Josh getting recognition because Diggs wants it, then Diggs is a fool.  The QB is always going to be The Man, both inside and outside the building.  A good QB-WR duo gains lots of recognition for the WR, but it's always symbiotic.  Without the QB, the WR is nothing.

I don't think Diggs is a fool.  Egocentric, lacking some self-awareness, attention-seeking, and a bit petulant - Yes.

A fool, No.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

This is pure speculation but it is plausible. If true I don’t blame Diggs. Give him the damn ball!

This makes zero sense.

The playbook lists...wait for it...plays.  Lots and lots of plays.  Hundreds of plays for every conceivable situation.

The receivers are not listed in the playbook as "Diggs Davis Shakir Sherfield Harty".   They are listed as X, Y, Z, with the receiver assigned to each role on each play determined on a play by play, sometimes game by game, basis.

The playbook itself does not reveal offensive priorities or gameplans. 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Unfortunately, the media isn't allowed to report anything during practice unless the Bills specifically say they can.  So it's possible we won't know anything until after practice.

That policy is laughably poor. I know some other teams have adopted it as well.

24 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Thank you so much for this succinct summary of all the rumors regarding the Diggs/Allen soap opera. I really don't have the patience to search for all of it. If any of this is true - let's hope that Josh doesn't get completely out of control & go all Travis Henry on us ...

True, but if he does go all Travis Henry...dear Lord in about 16 years the high school football games will be amazing to watch. Just oodles and oodles of mini Josh Allens leaping over each other and stiff arming each other. 

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

There’s no choice here.  Toe the line in the media or get cut out.

100% correct.

PSE runs the local media. 

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Remember when McD lost it on Buscaglia (I think) over something about a fake punt?

Mcd lost it on Buscaglia too?

I know he cursed out a different reporter too.

And he got Chris Brown suspended for 2 weeks or so.

• Like (+1) 1

And all of this is because (one of the theories) Stef is mad that Josh wasn’t ready for Cinci because of his relationship issues? Well, it almost makes sense. Josh saying it’s not football. Coach being “blindsided” by it. Stef realizing Josh’s night of craziness cost him one of his last shots at a ring. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ok for those joining late I will provide a recap of all information known from all sources. 

Last year before the Bengals game Josh Allen cheated on his long time girlfriend with a barmaid. Knocked her up. Then had a confrontation with his ex at 3am the night before the Bengals playoff game leading to a poor performance (on the field not in the bedroom).

Diggs was angered by this because he's a competitive guy. Around the same time Allen allegedly slept with (and impregnated) one of Stef's friends wives. Then went on to have some down time with one of Stef's ex's. 

MEANWHILE: Diggs feels like he has no say in the offense and wishes Ken Dorsey would stop being mean and get him the ball more. He's also cheesed off that the Bills didn't do enough to help him and take the pressure off him while also being offended that the Bills flirted with bringing in DHop...who Im sure didn't sign here because our QB can't keep his putter in his pants.

After the season everyone went their separate ways for 5 months. But they had conversations. Of course they also didn't speak at all. Stef did photo shoots. Allen was on the red carpet sleeping with movie stars and playing golf. Von was rehabbing and making statements of grandeur about Beane signing every player that made an all pro team since 1994.

Also happening at the same time Chad Hall took a lateral move to Jacksonville because he was passed over for promotion and Diggs didn't like that. Unconfirmed is if Hall took the position to keep his wife as far away from Allen's unchecked Talley whacker as possible. 

It all boils over yesterday when Diggs reported to the team with the intent to practice...yet somehow left before practice. I believe McDermott said something about being "very concerned" that out out of control sex freak of a QB was targeting his wife next(citation needed). 

Also, no one saw these issues coming. Except for Jerry Sullivan who was clued into the issues before they even happened by Ryan Fitzpatrick (he did go to Harvard). And 95% of the board has no clue what "cap" means in modern slang.

This is brilliant.  Well played!

You left out the UB soccer star, unless the bartender was also a soccer star and a student at UB (busy woman).

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If that were true, then Diggs is a fool.  The QB is always going to be The Man, both inside and outside the building.

I don't think Diggs is a fool.  Egocentric, lacking some self-awareness, attention-seeking, and a bit petulant - Yes.

A fool, No.

Allow me to share an equation I find irrefutable.

Egocentric+lacking self awareness + attention seeking + petulant = foolish

This is not specific to Diggs nor am I saying he is any of the above, but the equation is true.

Billsy

[bills-ee]
adjective

(of sports or competition) harvesting unique disappointment from strong odds of success.

Our drama here doesn’t qualify. This is rather standard fare for pro athletes. It just manifests differently - a personality like Diggs is going to milk it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.