Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

WTF! This is not English. Please someone translate this. Thanks.

cap=lying

big dawg= literally any social media post/person making comments about him

This doesn't mean anything related to what Josh, Von, or Coach said.  

Ppl need to stop over reacting/reading into social media posts from players.  Has no one learned their lesson from the Dhop drama, or how about Ed's posts?  Ed actually laughed off a reporter, who asked him about his contract related social media post, during his extension press conference...

Moral of story....don't overreact, but that won't stop those who crave the drama

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

if this c0ntinues The Bills are g0ing t0 have t0 play all their games 0n the WB.

Im really interested in what happens at practice this week and when camp starts with the 0ffensive line and the defense.

It's g0ing t be the diggs sh0w....the media/fans maybe diggs himself will determine wh0 he is mad at by the time camp starts I imagine.  0nce that happens that will be the 0nly st0ry.  

H0pefully it all bl0ws 0ver.  This all seems very childish, sh0rt sighted and anti team.  All the guys wh0 behave like this thr0ugh0ut the hist0ry 0f the league never just get 0ver it and m0ve 0n with their existing team.    Have t0 h0pe whatever it is d0esn't affect the quarterback l0ng term.

11 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

It sounds like he’s talking about either McDermott or josh telling lies.

Or, like, fans and literally everyone else out there speculating.  Yeesh...

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

I did not have the energy to read the whole thread.  What is the speculation on what McDermott is "very worried" about?  
Is McDermott concerned this will negatively impact Digg's performance? 

Is McDermott concerned Diggs will not play this year?
Is McDermott concerned he has lost the locker room? 

an earlier poster noted that McD was asked 'does Diggs' absence concern you?"

So McD did not choose the word 'concerning' out of thin air.  If anything, it was a skilled question and caught McD slippin a bit.

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

cap=lying

big dawg= literally any social media post/person making comments about him

This doesn't mean anything related to what Josh, Von, or Coach said.  

Ppl need to stop over reacting/reading into social media posts from players.  Has no one learned their lesson from the Dhop drama, or how about Ed's posts?  Ed actually laughed off a reporter, who asked him about his contract related social media post, during his extension press conference...

Moral of story....don't overreact, but that won't stop those who crave the drama

Diggs craves the drama - always has. He loves the attention and the spotlight shone on him. You’re right, more fool us for giving it to him.

*Refreshes page five times in a minute at approaching 1.30am*

• Agree 1

I will say this. When I saw him disrespecting Josh on the sidelines in that Bengals game, I felt bad for Josh. It was uncalled for and embarrassing. Diggs needs to put his attitude in check. This is not how McDermott runs the team. He preaches culture and family and this is the exact opposite of his beliefs. Diggs needs to come out with a contrite apology and get his head right or sit out the entire season and not get paid. Diggs is playing with fire here. He keeps it up and they will trade his behind to the Texans and he can catch passes from Davis Mills or CJ Stroud. We do not need this crap from him. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, AZSanta said:

I will say this. When I saw him disrespecting Josh on the sidelines in that Bengals game, I felt bad for Josh. It was uncalled for and embarrassing. Diggs needs to put his attitude in check. This is not how McDermott runs the team. He preaches culture and family and this is the exact opposite of his beliefs. Diggs needs to come out with a contrite apology and get his head right or sit out the entire season and not get paid. Diggs is playing with fire here. He keeps it up and they will trade his behind to the Texans and he can catch passes from Davis Mills or CJ Stroud. We do not need this crap from him. 

Know it’s been said loads of times already but the Bills cannot afford to trade him this year. 

7 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

if this c0ntinues The Bills are g0ing t0 have t0 play all their games 0n the WB.

Im really interested in what happens at practice this week and when camp starts with the 0ffensive line and the defense.

It's g0ing t be the diggs sh0w....the media/fans maybe diggs himself will determine wh0 he is mad at by the time camp starts I imagine.  0nce that happens that will be the 0nly st0ry.  

H0pefully it all bl0ws 0ver.  This all seems very childish, sh0rt sighted and anti team.  All the guys wh0 behave like this thr0ugh0ut the hist0ry 0f the league never just get 0ver it and m0ve 0n with their existing team.    Have t0 h0pe whatever it is d0esn't affect the quarterback l0ng term.

0 =/= o

3 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

He was tagged in a photo of Josh's quote on the Bills Twitter page, and he untagged himself. I think "Big Dawg" is Josh. This whole thing is depressing AF.

Really.

if this is the case and he calls 0ut allen in public then the 0rganizati0n needs t0 be pr0active ab0ut this.....if he has a beef with Allen he cann0t be 0n the team when camp starts.  It will 0nly get w0rse each day.  

again I can n0t believe this w0uld happen t0 the head c0ach after he lived it in Philly in 05....0wens blamed mcnabb f0r everything and it g0t s0 bad defensive players wanted t0 kill him by the time the seas0n started....they initially st00d by him and then he basically made every0ne hate him and embarrassed the wh0le 0rganizati0n with his driveway situps f0r the media.

7 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

He was tagged in a photo of Josh's quote on the Bills Twitter page, and he untagged himself. I think "Big Dawg" is Josh. This whole thing is depressing AF.

How can you tell if he untagged himself?  I'm old and actually speak with people directly 

5 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

I felt the same way for Peyton Manning’s entire offensive line…brought a tear to mine eye 😢. So glad he made up for it with a contrite public apology…

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Know it’s been said loads of times already but the Bills cannot afford to trade him this year. 

Yes I understand that. However, if this continues they will have no choice but to trade him as it will become a incredible distraction. He needs a reality check if he thinks this good for him in any way. I hate to say it but he may be turning into another Antonio Brown. It is just that bizarre to me. 

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I generally agree with your point but I don't necessarily agree that reps are near meaningless right now. Every rep matters. Mahomes is at camp throwing the ball to Kelce right now so that by the time they get to training camp all the rust will already be shaken off. As far as I can tell Allen hasn't thrown a single ball to Diggs since the division loss. Our rivals are getting a head start. The preparation never really stops.

and odds are that will make no difference as they have connected thousands upon thousands of times including practice

is it possible they find some oddball thing that situationally comes into play on a big throw late in the season? Sure, it’s possible. Or maybe diggs avoided tearing his acl today. The net positive is so slim on the actual X’s and O’s 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, wppete said:

WTF! This is not English. Please someone translate this. Thanks.

I am letting people tell lies without correcting them.  If lies help the big man sleep, the big man can keep telling lies.

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-FtLGX1I3XQ

5 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Clearly, Diggs is unhappy with the way that Bengals game went and he is still unhappy about it. Looking at Diggs yelling at Allen on the sidelines, Josh just kept his head down. Something going on between the two.

Can't trade, can't cut. Mahomes did fine after the team traded away Tyreek Hill...who knows?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, CaliBills said:

If it (big dawg) is Josh, then I say F'it, call Diggs out to the media and say what the issue is.  Diggs wants to play this social media game, I would just put him on blast.  

No, because that gives Josh a right of reply. Stringing it out means all the attention and speculation can fester and grow, which is what Diggs clearly wants.

Not suggesting we do it and unless I am reading Overthecap incorrectly, it looks like if we trade Diggs we would have $13 million plus in dead cap and approximately $1.67 million in cap savings this season (with additional future dead cap hits over the next four years).  This would not be a good result for our Super Bowl aspirations, but if this is correct, it can be done.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

everyone need to calm down,  Jesus,  brother fight sometimes. 

In private, not in public, especially with the situation they’re in. Well, unless you’re the Royal Family. Even then, at least Harry is open with his loathing, instead of trying to create clues to a cryptic crossword.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.