Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Bills better have a really good team on the field if they want sellouts at those prices. I can tell you that PSL's were a disaster for the Giants and Jets. It didn't help that both teams have mostly sucked for the past 10 years or so. So many season ticket holders dropped their seasons and just purchase individual game tickets to avoid the PSL fee. The Bills should expect many of their fans to do the same thing.

I really don’t think it matters to them. They will get their PSL money either way. Brokers will buy them and just jack up resale prices. Hell, I don’t know if it’s legal for them to do it but I wouldn’t put it past any NFL team themselves to buy their own tickets and then sell them on the secondary market for more money. I’d imagine it works out in their favor if they were to do it. Probably take some losses here and there but also some huge wins. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

probably the reason seating is at 60K

It’s a huge reason the seating is only 60k. They now a ton of people will leave but between the waiting list and smaller capacity stadium they help keep the demand for tickets high to ensure every year they are fully booked with season tix 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

It’s a huge reason the seating is only 60k. They now a ton of people will leave but between the waiting list and smaller capacity stadium they help keep the demand for tickets high to ensure every year they are fully booked with season tix 

and they also price out the heavy drinkers

no fun for the plebs allowed, even in buffalo

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

and they also price out the heavy drinkers

no fun for the plebs allowed, even in buffalo

I called it about 2 years ago when this thing really got rolling. If people think the atmosphere is going to be the same in the new stadium, I’ve got news for you. It isn’t 

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

I’m really curious to see if small market western NY, and the new high prices, will yield sellouts for all the games in the new stadium.

Once Allen retires we won't be able to make fun of Jacksonville/LA anymore. Place is going to be half empty in November/December. IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

imagine getting a 10 year loan with interest to buy football tickets

Imagine getting a 10 year loan, with interest, to buy football tickets, to watch a game in a stadium paid for with mostly public money.....

I don't love the public subsidy of billionaires in general. But if you are going to do it it should have more public benefit than it does. Owners shouldn't be able to take public subsidy then profit from PSL's. Build your own stadium and charge whatever you want for tickets, broadcasts, streaming services, etc.

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Once Allen retires we won't be able to make fun of Jacksonville/LA anymore. Place is going to be half empty in November/December. IMO. 

Once Allen retires and their is the inevitable regime change from McBeane there is a real risk of the Bills circling the drain much like the Sabres. 

The Buffalo Bills are built in Brandon Beane's and Sean McDermott's image. Full stop. The Buffalo Sabres are, and have been built in Terry Pegula's image. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Imagine getting a 10 year loan, with interest, to buy football tickets, to watch a game in a stadium paid for with mostly public money.....

I don't love the public subsidy of billionaires in general. But if you are going to do it it should have more public benefit than it does. Owners shouldn't be able to take public subsidy then profit from PSL's. Build your own stadium and charge whatever you want for tickets, broadcasts, streaming services, etc.

Once Allen retires and their is the inevitable regime change from McBeane there is a real risk of the Bills circling the drain much like the Sabres. 

The Buffalo Bills are built in Brandon Beane's and Sean McDermott's image. Full stop. The Buffalo Sabres are, and have been built in Terry Pegula's image. 

The Steelers have basically been good for 30 years because top down it's ran well

Every single person who has knowledge of how NFL teams work all say the bills are one of the best run teams in the NFL set up to succeed for a long time

Sure will probably never get Josh Allen again.. the Packers went from favre to Rogers to love

The bills being a good organization could absolutely develop a solid quarterback 

It's everybody from the pro personnel department, to the scouts, to the assistance

Everything 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The Steelers have basically been good for 30 years because top down it's ran well

Every single person who has knowledge of how NFL teams work all say the bills are one of the best run teams in the NFL set up to succeed for a long time

Sure will probably never get Josh Allen again.. the Packers went from favre to Rogers to love

The bills being a good organization could absolutely develop a solid quarterback 

It's everybody from the pro personnel department, to the scouts, to the assistance

Everything 

I agree with all of that. I credit Brandon Beane not Terry Pegula. 

It is rare that NFL executives are given a long enough leash to work through multiple QB era’s. There are certainly examples though. Pittsburgh and Baltimore being two. 

I am saying that if the Bills move on in the post Josh Allen era, the team is likely to spiral with Terry Pegula at the helm. 

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If this is true, how does that explain the utter incompetence of the Sabres, even though they are owned by the same people as the Bills?

5 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

If this is true, how does that explain the utter incompetence of the Sabres, even though they are owned by the same people as the Bills?

Because it's the same thing that afflicted Ralph in the later years..  Ralph meddled because he fancied himself a football person

Pegula fancies himself a hockey person..  it's his favorite sport and he thinks he understands it... He's like Jerry Jones

He makes the decisions for the sabres..

He does not fancy himself knowledgeable enough to make football decisions... So when he bought the bills he tried really hard to put the best people in charge who actually know what they're doing

From top down in all departments

That's the difference between the sabres and the Bills 

On 2/28/2024 at 11:50 AM, Process said:

That is a big assumption to make I disagree as a Buffalo Bills fan. Why I disagree is if Buffalo started having trouble filling the new Bills stadium the assumption could also be made that who ever are the Bills owners at the time in the future would just dome the rest of the New Bills Open Air Stadium. Because unlike the current Bills stadium this new Bills stadium is above ground not sunken already enclosed other than the playing field and with technology changes every decade. My assumption is that the Bills ownership would just ask the state to roof the rest of the stadium. Like US Tennis Open Arthur Ash Tennis Stadium in New York. That stadium was first built as an open air stadium and it was enclosed years down the line. All these so called amateur design developers say it can’t be done are anti dome favoring outdoor football I get that. But they aren’t being honest you can dome the new Bills stadium with the Bills fans on this board. Sometime down the line the potential is there to dome the rest of the new Bills stadium and it will be done if the interest fades in any way with the Bills attendance in November and December. The 1970’s and 1980’s half empty Rich Stadium days when the Bills weren’t very good are over. The NFL and the NFLPA isn’t going to let who ever the owner of the Bills is at that time and the Bills fans get away with what you are assuming half empty Bills stadium. It isn’t just the NFL owners the NFLPA and players sports unions in general are strong today. As a NFL owner you aren’t getting away with a hook to hang up your clothes with a stool to sit on. Those days are over if one doesn’t believe me take a look at the Buffalo Bisons clubhouse and the huge changes in the last 5 years. You got to feed the players breakfast and lunch while they are practicing working out. Minor league baseball is nothing like it was. The Bisons players have better setup than all three of our major league teams Bills, Sabres and Braves in the 1970’s era had. The three Buffalo sports teams at the time had a very basic locker room with a hook to hang up your clothes. You got some meal money on the road but that is it. Owners weren’t feeding the players breakfast and lunch daily when they were practicing. The players had to do that on their own time and with their own money in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

That is a big assumption to make I disagree as a Buffalo Bills fan. Why I disagree is if Buffalo started having trouble filling the new Bills stadium the assumption could also be made that who ever are the Bills owners at the time in the future would just dome the rest of the New Bills Open Air Stadium. Because unlike the current Bills stadium this new Bills stadium is above ground not sunken already enclosed other than the playing field and with technology changes every decade. My assumption is that the Bills ownership would just ask the state to roof the rest of the stadium. Like US Tennis Open Arthur Ash Tennis Stadium in New York. That stadium was first built as an open air stadium and it was enclosed years down the line. All these so called amateur design developers say it can’t be done are anti dome favoring outdoor football I get that. But they aren’t being honest you can dome the new Bills stadium with the Bills fans on this board. Sometime down the line the potential is there to dome the rest of the new Bills stadium and it will be done if the interest fades in any way with the Bills attendance in November and December. The 1970’s and 1980’s half empty Rich Stadium days when the Bills weren’t very good are over. The NFL and the NFLPA isn’t going to let who ever the owner of the Bills is at that time and the Bills fans get away with what you are assuming half empty Bills stadium. It isn’t just the NFL owners the NFLPA and players sports unions in general are strong today. As a NFL owner you aren’t getting away with a hook to hang up your clothes with a stool to sit on. Those days are over if one doesn’t believe me take a look at the Buffalo Bisons clubhouse and the huge changes in the last 5 years. You got to feed the players breakfast and lunch while they are practicing working out. Minor league baseball is nothing like it was. The Bisons players have better setup than all three of our major league teams Bills, Sabres and Braves in the 1970’s era had. The three Buffalo sports teams at the time had a very basic locker room with a hook to hang up your clothes. You got some meal money on the road but that is it. Owners weren’t feeding the players breakfast and lunch daily when they were practicing. The players had to do that on their own time and with their own money in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

jesus man

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

You're not helping my alcohol craving score...

On 2/28/2024 at 2:46 PM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Same as the Bills before McDermott. Terry kept hiring the wrong people. I think they are on track with Kevyn Adams and Don Granato. It just takes longer to develop a hockey team.

On 2/28/2024 at 2:54 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Because it's the same thing that afflicted Ralph in the later years..  Ralph meddled because he fancied himself a football person

Pegula fancies himself a hockey person..  it's his favorite sport and he thinks he understands it... He's like Jerry Jones

He makes the decisions for the sabres..

He does not fancy himself knowledgeable enough to make football decisions... So when he bought the bills he tried really hard to put the best people in charge who actually know what they're doing

From top down in all departments

That's the difference between the sabres and the Bills 

There is no evidence of this. This is fan fiction born of frustration.

• Like (+1) 1

The proposed new baseball stadium in Las Vegas, a dome, in the very heart of the Las Vegas strip, is budgeted for $300MM less than the Bills be stadium. I still can't wrap my brain around that.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/athletics/updated-as-las-vegas-ballpark-renderings-revealed-3011874/

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The proposed new baseball stadium in Las Vegas, a dome, in the very heart of the Las Vegas strip, is budgeted for $300MM less than the Bills be stadium. I still can't wrap my brain around that.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/athletics/updated-as-las-vegas-ballpark-renderings-revealed-3011874/

I can explain.  When it's tax payer funded, the price goes up 300 percent.

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's much smaller and my understanding is the land price (which has yet to be released) is not included in that $1.5B figure.

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Only seats 33,000.  

The 33,000-fan capacity ballpark design

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What a shame. That looks like a work of art. Meanwhile we’re getting a giant turd bowl for more 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Lost said:

I can explain.  When it's tax payer funded, the price goes up 300 percent.

Im starting to agree with you.

Because I do not understand why our stadium, with limited features and the most milquetoast design is costing so much, when other stadiums that are striking and wonderful cost about the same.

• Eyeroll 1

Just watched the video. At around the 12:20 mark they introduce 2 guys who apparently made a very real & very accurate miniature model of the new stadium, they talk about it for a while, then they show a group of people go in to the room to look at the model, and they all are in awe at the detail and awesomeness of the model, but in this video THEY NEVER SHOW A WIDE/COMPLETE SHOT OF THE MODEL, just some quick cuts of small parts of the model...WTF?!?!?! I get that they're teasing us, and want you to go in person to this place, but C'mon Man, that's just pathetic.

Edited by Bob Jones
Words
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Because I do not understand why our stadium, with limited features and the most milquetoast design is costing so much, when other stadiums that are striking and wonderful cost about the same.

Nobody will know how aesthetic our stadium will look until you actually see it in person for the first time

Everybody related to the bills organization has said it is going to be top notch and state of the art

This board is filled with a bunch of whiners

I'm thrilled my children and their children will get to watch the bills

And the stadium will be beautiful 

Some people are never pleased and that's a fact

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are the A’s building an opera house? Who knew? 🤷🏼‍♂️

That’s perfect. They can have  all of the horribly boring events at the same place. In all honesty, that’s a very, very cool design for a ballpark. 

Just watched the video. At around the 12:20 mark they introduce 2 guys who apparently made a very real & accurate miniature model of the new stadium, they talk about it for a while, the show a group of people go in to the room to look at the model, and they all are in awe at the detail and awesomeness of the model, but in this video THEY NEVER SHOW A WIDE/COMPLETE SHOT OF THE MODEL, just some quick cuts of small parts of the model...WTF?!?!?! I get that they're teasing us, and want you to go in person to this place, bt C'mon Man, that's just pathetic.

Imagine watching a trailer to a movie and thinking that the entire movie was going to be like that.

first time GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

Just watched the video. At around the 12:20 mark they introduce 2 guys who apparently made a very real & accurate miniature model of the new stadium, they talk about it for a while, the show a group of people go in to the room to look at the model, and they all are in awe at the detail and awesomeness of the model, but in this video THEY NEVER SHOW A WIDE/COMPLETE SHOT OF THE MODEL, just some quick cuts of small parts of the model...WTF?!?!?! I get that they're teasing us, and want you to go in person to this place, bt C'mon Man, that's just pathetic.

Thought the same thing. But, then again, we still don’t have a damn drone fly-through view like literally every other new stadium, proposed or reality. I just don’t get why that’s so difficult to provide. Makes no sense. Now this. Tease us with another 17 minute video where they dance around it. 

Amazing to me how many sad sack fans want to b-i-t-c-h and moan about what is clearly going to be an awesome venue. You people act as though this was some knee jerk decision when so much thought and inspiration has obviously gone into the design. 

Just stay home. Plenty of us will happily be there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Buffaloes will be 16 feet tall but will have "emotion".

I feel like David St. Hubbins when mini Stonehenge was lowered to the stage...

Pathetic.  Could they only afford a 10 foot ladder?  

• Like (+1) 1

With owning my own business, and the weekends being the busiest days of the week for me, buying season tickets was never going to be something that I could consider doing.  I always try to sneak in at least 1 live game a season, but time just really doesn't allow me to do anything but watch on TV for the most part.  So, in regards to the new stadium, I try not having too many criticisms about it because, while I would love to be there every week, I know this is a venue I won't be able to spend much time at.  That said....do I have some things I wish were different, of course.  Not having a venue that can be used year round for major events besides football doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  But, then again, it was never going to be up to us.  They were always going to build the stadium they wanted to build at the cost they deemed appropriate.

But does that have to mean it's going to be bad or inferior to other new stadiums being built?  Absolutely not.  I am sure we won't have all the bells and whistles of a So-Fi Stadium or whatever, but does that make it worse?  I don't think it does at all.  I honestly believe that they put their best effort into this design and it will probably blow people away......even the people that are doing nothing but complaining about it before even seeing it for the first time.   Will it have everything everyone wants?  Of course not.....it doesn't have a roof, so some people just trash it because that was the main thing they were looking for.  God forbid they wait and see everything else it may offer besides that.  I wanted a roof too.  I just think it was the logical choice given the area and expecting it to be a venue with the potential to host just about every major event out there at any time of the year.  But they didn't go that way.  It is what it is.  Doesn't mean I am just going to just trash the rest of the stadium before ever stepping foot inside of it.

The Bills will be here for the rest of my life.  This stadium pretty much ensures that and that is the biggest amenity that this new stadium offers.  Everything else is gravy.  The thing is, I think that "everything else" is going to be so much better than most are even imagining.  Enjoy this process.  It really is a good thing even if it is not exactly what you personally had hopes for.

PS......  The Buffalo statues should be a lot bigger than 16 feet, though.  I see what they are trying to do, but at least one of them should be almost double that size.

Edited by sven233
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, sven233 said:

With owning my own business, and the weekends being the busiest days of the week for me, buying season tickets was never going to be something that I could consider doing.  I always try to sneak in at least 1 live game a season, but time just really doesn't allow me to do anything but watch on TV for the most part.  So, in regards to the new stadium, I try not having too many criticisms about it because, while I would love to be there every week, I know this is a venue I won't be able to spend much time at.  That said....do I have some things I wish were different, of course.  Not having a venue that can be used year round for major events besides football doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  But, then again, it was never going to be up to us.  They were always going to build the stadium they wanted to build at the cost they deemed appropriate.

But does that have to mean it's going to be bad or inferior to other new stadiums being built?  Absolutely not.  I am sure we won't have all the bells and whistles of a So-Fi Stadium or whatever, but does that make it worse?  I don't think it does at all.  I honestly believe that they put their best effort into this design and it will probably blow people away......even the people that are doing nothing but complaining about it before even seeing it for the first time.   Will it have everything everyone wants?  Of course not.....it doesn't have a roof, so some people just trash it because that was the main thing they were looking for.  God forbid they wait and see everything else it may offer besides that.  I wanted a roof too.  I just think it was the logical choice given the area and expecting it to be a venue with the potential to host just about every major event out there at any time of the year.  But they didn't go that way.  It is what it is.  Doesn't mean I am just going to just trash the rest of the stadium before ever stepping foot inside of it.

The Bills will be here for the rest of my life.  This stadium pretty much ensures that and that is the biggest amenity that this new stadium offers.  Everything else is gravy.  The thing is, I think that "everything else" is going to be so much better than most are even imagining.  Enjoy this process.  It really is a good thing even if it is not exactly what you personally had hopes for.

PS......  The Buffalo statues should be a lot bigger than 16 feet, though.  I see what they are trying to do, but at least one of them should be almost double that size.

well put. And of course nothing here was going to approach SoFi - it ended up costing almost $6B.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

New York State is a big reason.  Everything - literally everything is more expensive.  Labor, taxes, materials, insurance, stricter codes, more regulation, the weather - all of these things increase the cost of major construction projects in New York compared to elsewhere.  Nevada is very much the polar opposite of much of that.  The labor pool is much larger, the construction season doesn't have to deal with 3 foot snowstorms, and the laws there make it cheaper to build.

My wife and I live outside of Seattle, not exactly a cheap place to live.  I just had dinner with my parents this last weekend - they've lived out here now for a couple years after living in NYS for over 35 years.  The biggest shock to them, which they still can't stop talking about - is how much cheaper it is to live out here.  And like I said - Western Washington isn't particularly cheap.

I will also wager to guess that yes - public funding drove up the price.  You can bet that things like eco-friendly building materials, sustainable energy sources, and whatnot were part of the deal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, sven233 said:

A 30 ft buffalo is over the top lmao

Besides the stadium... How many 30-40 foot buildings are in OP ? Lmao

Thing would be a skyscraper... 16 ft is close to a 2 story house