Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

On 8/13/2023 at 5:29 PM, billsfanmiamioh said:

They’re all open. We park at ECC and I’ve parked at twin oaks and La galleria in the past. Parked at ECC yesterday and the “main” / lively lot that is to the left when you pull in is closed for construction vehicles. The “overflow” lot that sits up higher is the only lot on that side that will be open this year. I imagine it will fill very fast each week. The road you used to walk down to get to the stadium is closed so you have to make your way over towards Southwestern and walk the sidewalk till you hit the entrance for lot 4. There is a way you can cut along the construction fence towards twin oaks and shave a few steps but yesterday it was impassable on the way in because the rain had created a mini river. After the game I saw people crossing that spot with apparently not much trouble. 

I think in the season what will happen is that we’ll end up on the other side of ECC that is typical more tame and will have to walk out to the sidewalk on southwestern and take that route. Otherwise you’re going to be “off roading” through mud, uneven ground, etc. 

A little late to seeing this, but just wanted to say thanks for writing up the thorough response! I really appreciate it. Go Bills 🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Any updates on the VR experience for current season ticket holders?  I have not heard anything from my ticket rep about it. 

First I’m hearing of it?

I’m assuming a virtual preview from a fan’s perspective?

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bills just purchased 8 acres of property on Big Tree near the location of the field house and lot 1 for $2 mil. That homeowner really got lucky on that investment jeez. Purchased for 250k a few years ago and sold for $2 mil!

I'm buying land as close to the Bills locker room.  Building a long escalator from the steps of the players parking lot to the steps of my strip club.  

I'll call it "The Clap".  Perfect name, because you know, McDermott.

• Haha (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

First I’m hearing of it?

I’m assuming a virtual preview from a fan’s perspective?

Somewhere, in this thread or another new stadium thread, there was mention that current STHs would be contacted over the summer to take part in VR tours to pick out their new seats in the new stadium.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Somewhere, in this thread or another new stadium thread, there was mention that current STHs would be contacted over the summer to take part in VR tours to pick out their new seats in the new stadium.  

Location is in the Tony Walker Plaza on Main St in Williamsville.  I guess summer got bumped to fall as no STH I know of has received a communication to schedule visit. 

For those not familiar with the area, here you go…

https://maps.app.goo.gl/34mxzXVKysjxtVM18?g_st=ic

Edited by LabattBlue

5 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Virtual tours? When MetLife was being built and it was deemed safe to enter. Both Jets and Giants season ticket holders were allowed to enter the stadium and take a tour of the place. Gave fans a "real look" not a virtual one of what the stadium looks like and where they want to purchase their new seats.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Virtual tours? When MetLife was being built and it was deemed safe to enter. Both Jets and Giants season ticket holders were allowed to enter the stadium and take a tour of the place. Gave fans a "real look" not a virtual one of what the stadium looks like and where they want to purchase their new seats.

locking in that $$$ as early as possible!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

You have brought this up several times.  No way are they waiting that long to get the hook in on STH.  Not happening. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You have brought this up several times.  No way are they waiting that long to get the hook in on STH.  Not happening. 

Both teams asked for a downpayment on PSL fees a year before MetLife opened. If the Bills stadium opens in 2026 then they will do the same. If they don't ask for a downpayment in 2024 then 2025 for sure.

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Both teams asked for a downpayment on PSL fees a year before MetLife opened. If the Bills stadium opens in 2026 then they will do the same. If they don't ask for a downpayment in 2024 then 2025 for sure.

Not talking about a down payment.  Talking about a virtual tour of the stadium versus physical tour. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

That's what I would prefer, if I stick with my seasons.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 12:40 PM, LabattBlue said:

Location is in the Tony Walker Plaza on Main St in Williamsville.  I guess summer got bumped to fall as no STH I know of has received a communication to schedule visit. 

For those not familiar with the area, here you go…

https://maps.app.goo.gl/34mxzXVKysjxtVM18?g_st=ic

Last when I spoke with my rep he said by end of year for me. If not sooner. Originally he said this spring/summer. But apparently they are not where they want to be in the process at this point.