Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

On 5/10/2024 at 2:37 PM, ColoradoBills said:

The barge that ran into the Baltimore bridge about a month ago is going to cost $1.7B-$1.9B before any cost overrides and take 4 years.

That's for a bridge.  The infrastructure of a stadium is a lot more.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/key-bridge-collapse-rebuild-bridge-process-baltimore/60721790#:~:text=the procurement process.-,ALSO%3A Maryland plans to rebuild the Key Bridge in just,%241.7 billion and %241.9 billion.

I’m sure the cost of the bridge will be obscenely inflated too like pro sports stadiums, but choose a structure that’s more similar for a better comparison. Skyscrapers in Manhattan cost less. This requires less material and infrastructure than that, and it’s not being built in Manhattan. The cost is higher than it should be because it’s subsidized by tax dollars. The trend now is for the whole stadium to be paid by taxpayers. Buffalo is lucky they at least got the Pegulas to pay part of it.

On 5/10/2024 at 2:37 PM, ColoradoBills said:

The barge that ran into the Baltimore bridge about a month ago is going to cost $1.7B-$1.9B before any cost overrides and take 4 years.

That's for a bridge.  The infrastructure of a stadium is a lot more.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/key-bridge-collapse-rebuild-bridge-process-baltimore/60721790#:~:text=the procurement process.-,ALSO%3A Maryland plans to rebuild the Key Bridge in just,%241.7 billion and %241.9 billion.

kick-backs are costly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

kick-backs are costly.

It's way of the world throughout history.  If there was internet during Vespasian's rule in Rome, people would be tweeting that about the 

building of the Colosseum.

My only point was the stadium, and a bridge will cost the same.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's way of the world throughout history.  If there was internet during Vespasian's rule in Rome, people would be tweeting that about the 

building of the Colosseum.

My only point was the stadium, and a bridge will cost the same.

What if they build a pedestrian bridge over the road from the parking lots? :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Oh look! A dome...for $1.4B.

I believe it’s a renovation of their existing stadium and it will be a canopy instead of a dome. Much like Sofi Stadium in LA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I believe it’s a renovation of their existing stadium and it will be a canopy instead of a dome. Much like Sofi Stadium in LA.

Can we start making posts saying we wish we had a canopy now? 

• Haha (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I'm in!

I would have preferred that anyway. But apparently the people in charge of this thing decided an old shut down Bon-Ton looked better. So that’s what we’re getting. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

I would have preferred that anyway. But apparently the people in charge of this thing decided an old shut down Bon-Ton looked better. So that’s what we’re getting. 

He should have put a dome on the damn thing.  It was pure stupidity not to.  Superbowls aren't played in cold weather.  Warm weather or...A DOME!

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

He should have put a dome on the damn thing.  It was pure stupidity not to.  Superbowls aren't played in cold weather.  Warm weather or...A DOME!

Careful. You’ll upset the people that swear we will never get a SB in Buffalo anyway. Because we don’t have the infrastructure for it. Well, aim low, hit low I say. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Incredibly impressive renovation if thats the case.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Would a renovation for $1.4b be anything less?

Imagine the Bills spending $1.4 billion including tax payer money to renovate the Ralph and put a canopy over it. I'm sure there would be no complaining whatsoever .............

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Careful. You’ll upset the people that swear we will never get a SB in Buffalo anyway. Because we don’t have the infrastructure for it. Well, aim low, hit low I say. 

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

You're charging people an arm and a leg for PSLs. Maybe if the entire stadium was comfortable instead of just a few thousand club seats it would feel like your getting something for your money.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're charging people an arm and a leg for PSLs. Maybe if the entire stadium was comfortable instead of just a few thousand club seats it would feel like your getting something for your money.

That’s exactly where I’m at at what I was hoping for from the start. Right now it’s going to be a few people that enjoy the team and the new stadium with modern amenities like cover from crumby weather and heat when it’s cold. I could have been happy with some of the cheapest seats in the house if I wasn’t freezing my butt off soaking wet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1