Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Some excerpts:  

A man who told police he had consumed several drugs was ticketed Sunday after he scaled a fence and fell naked into the pit at the construction site for the new Buffalo Bills stadium, Erie County sheriff's officials said.  ...

He went inside a portable toilet, covered himself in the contents of the toilet before exiting, stripping naked and jumping the 10-foot fence of the construction site. ...

As security approached the man, he started running toward the construction site.  After scaling the fence, he ran and fell down one level of the pit. Then he got up, ran and fell again, this time to the bottom of the pit, which is about 30 feet below grade.  ...  

As the Sheriff's Office's helicopter, Air One, descended toward the scene, the man – as he laid in the pit – gave the "peace sign" to the crew with one hand while making an obscene gesture with the other, Sheriff John Garcia said. ...

While at the construction site, the man told deputies he was under the influence of LSD, marijuana and cocaine.  The people the man had been with prior to the game apparently "just abandoned him," Garcia said, and entered the stadium for the game.  ...

Sounds like the dude had a banner fun day!  

Eight people were ejected from the stadium during the game, he said. Overall, he called it the "best behaved crowd" at a Bills home game since he became sheriff.  

I don't know how that compares to the rest of the NFL, but LOL.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Don’t live in WNY anymore, but I am curious. The construction site looks rather large, and it looks like a LOT of parking spaces were lost to the construction site…maybe thousands of vehicles? Where do all those vehicles now park for games? Is there room in private lots near the stadium for all the vehicles that would normally park in the space which is now fenced off?

7 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Don’t live in WNY anymore, but I am curious. The construction site looks rather large, and it looks like a LOT of parking spaces were lost to the construction site…maybe thousands of vehicles? Where do all those vehicles now park for games? Is there room in private lots near the stadium for all the vehicles that would normally park in the space which is now fenced off?

Probably a couple thousand spots. Not that many. The buses, limos, and TVs. Overall I’d say not that many spots. Was actually one of the smaller and less busy lots. On game days there was always huge sections that were completely empty. It also used to be parking for employees as it had its own separate entrance right next to hammers lot. 

the Bills bought the mud lot behind the field house and is now using that as employee parking. 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Probably a couple thousand spots. Not that many. The buses, limos, and TVs. Overall I’d say not that many spots. Was actually one of the smaller and less busy lots. On game days there was always huge sections that were completely empty. It also used to be parking for employees as it had its own separate entrance right next to hammers lot. 

the Bills bought the mud lot behind the field house and is now using that as employee parking. 

So is there no bus lot at all right now? That might be a big contributor to the low arrests and good behavior. That place always seemed like peak amateur hour because none of them had to drive home.

Also, I love that we refer to "the mud lot" and all know what it is.

Edited by That's No Moon

14 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

So is there no bus lot at all right now? That might be a big contributor to the low arrests and good behavior. That place always seemed like peak amateur hour because none of them had to drive home.

Also, I love that we refer to "the mud lot" and all know what it is.

Yes to my knowledge there is nowhere for the busses now. I know for sure they announced there was no RV space. Whether they provided space for limos or busses I haven’t heard. I didn’t see any this week but I also wasn’t looking. 

41 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yes to my knowledge there is nowhere for the busses now. I know for sure they announced there was no RV space. Whether they provided space for limos or busses I haven’t heard. I didn’t see any this week but I also wasn’t looking. 

There is for buses, but it's much smaller area than they used to have...

Buffalo Bills Highmark Stadium Parking | Highmark Stadium | Buffalo Bills - buffalobills.com

Bus & Limo Lot

The Bus & Limo Lot has been relocated from the west side of Abbott Road to the east side of Abbott Road.

The new lot location is just north of Lot 6 Preferred and south of Southwestern Blvd.

pyiwj1amjmibj8juahyp.jpg

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Some excerpts:  

A man who told police he had consumed several drugs was ticketed Sunday after he scaled a fence and fell naked into the pit at the construction site for the new Buffalo Bills stadium, Erie County sheriff's officials said.  ...

He went inside a portable toilet, covered himself in the contents of the toilet before exiting, stripping naked and jumping the 10-foot fence of the construction site. ...

As security approached the man, he started running toward the construction site.  After scaling the fence, he ran and fell down one level of the pit. Then he got up, ran and fell again, this time to the bottom of the pit, which is about 30 feet below grade.  ...  

As the Sheriff's Office's helicopter, Air One, descended toward the scene, the man – as he laid in the pit – gave the "peace sign" to the crew with one hand while making an obscene gesture with the other, Sheriff John Garcia said. ...

While at the construction site, the man told deputies he was under the influence of LSD, marijuana and cocaine.  The people the man had been with prior to the game apparently "just abandoned him," Garcia said, and entered the stadium for the game.  ...

Sounds like the dude had a banner fun day!  

Eight people were ejected from the stadium during the game, he said. Overall, he called it the "best behaved crowd" at a Bills home game since he became sheriff.  

I don't know how that compares to the rest of the NFL, but LOL.  

Some people just can’t handle their LSD, coke, pot, cleaning fluids, urine and human excrement.

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

There were plenty of spots to park at or near the stadium. The major problem was getting to those lots. Traffic was a nightmare, getting in and out. I left an hour earlier from Rochester and traffic was much worse than it normally is. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will say one thing I don’t love about Tottenham Hotspur Stadium the video scoreboards are way too small. They are smaller than what Highmark Stadium I has now. The Buffalo Bills stadium designs the scoreboard looked small and not impressive. Which is a mistake when my television is potentially bigger than the new Buffalo Bills stadium. I personally as a Buffalo Bills fan have a problem with that. I can look at a huge scoreboard at the minor league Buffalo Bisons. Yet our major league NFL stadium is potentially going to have a small video boards? Again hopefully the Buffalo Bills rethink that decision in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

I will say one thing I don’t love about Tottenham Hotspur Stadium the video scoreboards are way too small. They are smaller than what Highmark Stadium I has now. The Buffalo Bills stadium designs the scoreboard looked small and not impressive. Which is a mistake when my television is potentially bigger than the new Buffalo Bills stadium. I personally as a Buffalo Bills fan have a problem with that. I can look at a huge scoreboard at the minor league Buffalo Bisons. Yet our major league NFL stadium is potentially going to have a small video boards? Again hopefully the Buffalo Bills rethink that decision in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I noticed this as well in the renderings. They look small. Personally I don’t think that changes much. I believe you and many others will be left unhappy with it. Hope I’m wrong. We’ll see soon enough. 

1 hour ago, I am leaving for good said:

Stadium was built for Football/Soccer… Frequent replays aren’t a thing so large HQ screens aren’t essential.

Line-ups, match information, scores and substitutions. 

Can’t see the new stadium following suit. They’ll have reasonable sized screens to accommodate the need. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

I have come to believe that this is some sort of AI experimental account.  The writing is so immature and scattered.  And why type out “Buffalo Bills” in full so many times?  We know what team we’re talking about.  Just weird.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/8/2023 at 1:19 AM, eball said:

I have come to believe that this is some sort of AI experimental account.  The writing is so immature and scattered.  And why type out “Buffalo Bills” in full so many times?  We know what team we’re talking about.  Just weird.

I am Buffalo Super Fan who supports all our Buffalo sports teams but I tell it like it is and don’t sugar coat it. Do I turn a lot of Buffalo fans off? Yes. Do I have a lot of Buffalo fans because they know my heart is with Buffalo and they appreciate I tell it like it is and add history that I have as a Buffalo sports fan for 5 decades in my posts. I am not some 21 year old anymore that has there whole life ahead of him. I am old and I have been waiting for the Buffalo Bills to be called World Champions for 49 years and counting. I have serious doubts I am going to see the Buffalo Bills be called World Champions factoring in my disability MD and health challenges bad heart and bad lungs. I have dealt with MD my entire life I am a very old 55 year old who watched the first two Buffalo Bills games this season in the hospital because I almost died for the third time in 5 years. That is why sometimes I disappear I am in the hospital. I am home now thank goodness because the hospital doctors and nurses saved my life again and my breathing came back from a bowel blockage this time the first two times I almost died I had the worst pneumonia you can get that the hospital cleared up and my breathing came back good enough that they could send me home on oxygen. I was in bad shape so I don’t have 40 years to wait on the Buffalo Bills so keep that mind when reading my posts. There are no guarantees I will be alive when this new Buffalo Bills stadium opens. I hope I am alive but I live in reality who knows? I go day by day. Because you see when you are old like Buffalo Super Fan your not idealistic and living in a fantasy world when it comes to our Buffalo sports teams. The bottom line is the Buffalo Bills have not walked off the field as World Champions since 1965 two years before I was born that is pathetic track record. There is no sugar coating that. Look at cities that do it the right way with economic development like stadiums and winning then look at us. Wake up I have better things to do than play games trolling Buffalo Bills fans. If I didn’t care I wouldn’t be here because then I wasting my time and everyone else’s in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I am Buffalo Super Fan who supports all our Buffalo sports teams but I tell it like it is and don’t sugar coat it. Do I turn a lot of Buffalo fans off? Yes. Do I have a lot of Buffalo fans because they know my heart is with Buffalo and they appreciate I tell it like it is and add history that I have as a Buffalo sports fan for 5 decades in my posts. I am not some 21 year old anymore that has there whole life ahead of him. I am old and I have been waiting for the Buffalo Bills to be called World Champions for 49 years and counting. I have serious doubts I am going to see the Buffalo Bills be called World Champions factoring in my disability MD and health challenges bad heart and bad lungs. I have dealt with MD my entire life I am a very old 55 year old who watched the first two Buffalo Bills games this season in the hospital because I almost died for the third time in 5 years. That is why sometimes I disappear I am in the hospital. I am home now thank goodness because the hospital doctors and nurses saved my life again and my breathing came back from a bowel blockage this time the first two times I almost died I had the worst pneumonia you can get that the hospital cleared up and my breathing came back good enough that they could send me home on oxygen. I was in bad shape so I don’t have 40 years to wait on the Buffalo Bills so keep that mind when reading my posts. There are no guarantees I will be alive when this new Buffalo Bills stadium opens. I hope I am alive but I live in reality who knows? I go day by day. Because you see when you are old like Buffalo Super Fan your not idealistic and living in a fantasy world when it comes to our Buffalo sports teams. The bottom line is the Buffalo Bills have not walked off the field as World Champions since 1965 two years before I was born that is pathetic track record. There is no sugar coating that. Look at cities that do it the right way with economic development like stadiums and winning then look at us. Wake up I have better things to do than play games trolling Buffalo Bills fans. If I didn’t care I wouldn’t be here because then I wasting my time and everyone else’s in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Go Bills 

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Felt like we reached bottom last Sunday.

Please don't jinx us!

If you think that's the bottom, the football gods may remind us what the bottom REALLY looks like... 😶

Edit: If Allen, Diggs, Gabe, Kincaid, Knox, Rousseau, Von, Dane, Benford, Hyde... well basically ANYBODY ELSE gets injured, I'm blaming YOU! 

Edited by BigDingus
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Please don't jinx us!

If you think that's the bottom, the football gods may remind us what the bottom REALLY looks like... 😶

Edit: If Allen, Diggs, Gabe, Kincaid, Knox, Rousseau, Von, Dane, Benford, Hyde... well basically ANYBODY ELSE gets injured, I'm blaming YOU! 

Curses don't exist......

While I'm playing with my voodoo doll of Daboll and still sticking pins in The Brady doll

6 minutes ago, spartan19 said:

Tottenheim seems to have way more seats on the endzone and cormers of the endzone than Highmark. Not exactly the best seats for viewing football. Hope Im wrong.

I actually like sitting in the end zone and corner when at a live football game. You can really see the play develop much much better than on the sideline. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I actually like sitting in the end zone and corner when at a live football game. You can really see the play develop much much better than on the sideline. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like being low in the lower bowl, it’s super exciting. 

But I see the best football sitting up higher. I love it.

I would much rather be high up in the 300’s between the 20’s than anywhere in a corner/endzone. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Don’t get me wrong, I like being low in the lower bowl, it’s super exciting. 

But I see the best football sitting up higher. I love it.

I would much rather be high up in the 300’s between the 20’s than anywhere in a corner/endzone. 

I watch so many football games on television, from the sidelines, that I enjoy the change of perspective live. But…you have to sit up high if you’re going to be in the end zone. You get to see the line splits, the holes, and which receivers are truly open. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I watch so many football games on television, from the sidelines, that I enjoy the change of perspective live. But…you have to sit up high if you’re going to be in the end zone. You get to see the line splits, the holes, and which receivers are truly open. 

For me the NFL TV broadcast has become so focused on the LOS and the ball that I almost never see what’s happening in the play until I watch the A-22. 

It also feels like replays have gotten worse and worse. Sure there are some

cool close up shots. But it seems like there are less replays play to play. And god for I’d we see the replay of every flag.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Any word on opening of virtual ticket center. Weird that something that was supposed to be open and pitching STH in late spring/early summer has gone silent. 

I spoke with a rep about 2-3 weeks ago. They said it would be within a week or 2. I guess expect it any day now.