Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

2 minutes ago, teef said:

it's the shape of many other stadiums.  we get you think you're clever by calling it a toilet bowl, but it looks fine.  we know there's no roof.  you repeatedly told us it would take 300-400 more only to add a roof.  the overages are already beyond that, so just move on from not having a roof.  concerning being an only football facility...that's the way most stadiums are.  it's been re-hashed multiple times on here that a dome wouldn't change that.    you seem to think the bills are just overpaying for the sake of it.  you don't think the cost of the titans new stadium won't skyrocket too?  

this isn't a massive blunder at all.  it's a new stadium keeping the team in the area for year to come.  it's just your perspective on it, and most of us know what that's worth.

You're forgetting his opinion is the only one that matters to him.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

it's the shape of many other stadiums.  we get you think you're clever by calling it a toilet bowl, but it looks fine.  we know there's no roof.  you repeatedly told us it would take 300-400 more only to add a roof.  the overages are already beyond that, so just move on from not having a roof.  concerning being an only football facility...that's the way most stadiums are.  it's been re-hashed multiple times on here that a dome wouldn't change that.    you seem to think the bills are just overpaying for the sake of it.  you don't think the cost of the titans new stadium won't skyrocket too?  

this isn't a massive blunder at all.  it's a new stadium keeping the team in the area for year to come.  it's just your perspective on it, and most of us know what that's worth.

He probably didn’t even watch the show detailing how they made decisions regarding the stadium.  Configuring the stadium so it could host kickball games would impact the quality of seats for a significant number of fans who only come there to watch football.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

He probably didn’t even watch the show detailing how they made decisions regarding the stadium.  Configuring the stadium so it could host kickball games would impact the quality of seats for a significant number of fans who only come there to watch football.

he was part of the few posters that had absolute meltdowns when the first renderings came out.  no other info than the renderings at all, and some opinions were set in stone.  i think most have pulled back once they saw that video.  there was a lot of thought and consideration into building a billion dollar structure.  not everyone was going to get exactly what they wanted, but that's the case with most builds for public use.  to call this possibly one of the biggest blunders for nys is just too hard to take seriously.  if anyone want to see an example of a bigger blunder, just look up the fast ferry out of rochester.

i personally can't wait to watch football and have a beer in our new home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

59tfjp2rsez51.jpg

I don't like the look of the Titian new stadium 

Oddly enough, it looks almost like the country music museum that they already have in that city. Rather unoriginal. That being said, once you’re in the stadium, it does look like a cool place to watch a game. I’ll probably give in and go there anyways.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is how you stadium.😳

😳

Still don’t know why they haven’t provided us with a similar fly through video of the Bills new facility. Just about every other stadium (conceptual or not) seems to put these out like it’s nothing. I find that odd they haven’t done it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Even if the Pegulas eat half of it, and put the other half on the fans, that's $150 million!  Ain't making that parking cars.   It only can come from ticket prices.  

Adding to this problem is the fact that suites typically make up 20% of ticket revenue for large market teams. And more importantly, this revenue doesn’t need to be shared with the opponent, like regular seats.

In Buffalo, there simply is not enough businesses willing to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars to put their name on a suite door, which makes up the revenue in larger venues.

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

If there was any question about ticket prices or seat licenses, these cost overruns, and however much more to come, answer the questions.    It's going to be costly, and the Pegulas will not simply swallow the whole cost.    Even if the Pegulas eat half of it, and put the other half on the fans, that's $150 million!  Ain't making that parking cars.   It only can come from ticket prices.  

It's the classic small market dilemma - it's expensive to play in the big leagues.    Bigger markets have more people with discretionary dollars, and more dollars. 

Maybe I'm wrong.   Maybe the Pegulas will take the whole cost of the overruns.   What they're trying to do owning and running these teams is give Buffalo a big league experience.   It's what they signed up for.   That's an incredible commitment of personal wealth tied up in this business risk, and they may view it as the chance they took when they got into the NFL.  

all good points but revenue last season was almost $12B,  $375M per team. While it is expensive the Pegulas will be fine

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Adding to this problem is the fact that suites typically make up 20% of ticket revenue for large market teams. And more importantly, this revenue doesn’t need to be shared with the opponent, like regular seats.

In Buffalo, there simply is not enough businesses willing to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars to put their name on a suite door, which makes up the revenue in larger venues.

Wait! What? I get my name on the door of the suite? Now that might just make it worth it. (Give me a minute while I go ask the Mrs.)

• Haha (+1) 6

47 minutes ago, nucci said:

all good points but revenue last season was almost $12B,  $375M per team. While it is expensive the Pegulas will be fine

Uh, those aren't the important numbers.  The Bills apparently have net income about $100 million.   In other words, if the project is $300 million over budget, it wipes out three years of profit.  That's significant. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2