Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

It's weird that you associate the onset of the internet age with 9/11.

I get what you're saying about technology, though.

No not the internet age, it's when things got crazy... so much more tension and society just tightened up, just a constant bad vibe after 9/11.

I was "online" way back in 1991 in college when it was called a server before the World Wide Web went mainstream where newsgroups and bulletin boards ruled. It was a novelty then for nerds and colleges/universities!

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, mrags said:

I can confirm from my experience of driving by the stadium that you are in prefect on many of your arguments. Just because you see in the video there’s one excavator and one truck doesn’t make it so. They have a lot of them on site. I’ve personally driven down southwestern and witnessed a half a dozen trucks full of earth in the matter of 1 minute exiting the stadium lot for the ECC campus. 

they also IMO seem to be moving rather quickly. The hike in the ground is massive. Absolutely massive. Looks to be about 30ft deep and I’d say it’s about 100x200 yards.  The video clips you are seeing don’t show it but I think they are very far along. 

I’ve been there at least 6-8 times since they broke ground. There really is some significant progress imo. 

Thanks for that!  

They should post a more active video IMO.  

33 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Thanks for that!  

I don’t disagree. One of the reasons why I’ve had the pics uploaded here. @Draconator has helped as I’m not very computer savvy. I’m sure I’ll be driving by and taking pics again fairly soon but I’d imagine after this weekend there’s gonna be a ton of updates with the preseason game 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mrags said:

or defend the decisions without having the full picture… 

😉

Funny how that works, isn’t it?

Quite the double standard at times.

If you’re in agreement with the Bills decision making (on any topic), you’re a great poster. If you disagree, you’re an idiot. 

Two posters can debate for several pages. The poster that defends the Bills is just posting. The poster deemed “negative” will be considered crusading. 

6 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Thanks for that!  

It’s not your fault for thinking that. The way PSE has handled parts of the stadium process has been bungled from a PR standpoint.

We *still* don’t have detailed renderings or a fly through video, yet stadiums that were approved several months after ours have already released these.

We sure like to do things differently here. And the way PSE flies through executive management, it’s a wonder what is going on inside.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

If you’re in agreement with the Bills decision making (on any topic), you’re a great poster. If you disagree, you’re an idiot. 

Two posters can debate for several pages. The poster that defends the Bills is just posting. The poster deemed “negative” will be considered crusading. 

Nonsense.  You get called out for being ridiculous…nothing else.  And there’s no double standard.  Some posters decided to have full on tantrums, while the more reasonable people understood they were just looking at renderings, and even then not everyone was going to he completely pleased.  That’s life.  To watch you and a few other posters act the way you did was embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, teef said:

Nonsense.  You get called out for being ridiculous…nothing else.  And there’s no double standard.  Some posters decided to have full on tantrums, while the more reasonable people understood they were just looking at renderings, and even then not everyone was going to he completely pleased.  That’s life.  To watch you and a few other posters act the way you did was embarrassing. 

The victim personality is growing stronger with him because most people now know he’s full of ***** about his “superior intelligence.”  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

1 hour ago, teef said:

No, Einstein is absolutely correct. I’ve even had posts deleted in here and/or given warnings for simply not going along with the rose-colored glasses groupthink. I violated no written rules from the TOS, but just “rubbed someone the wrong way”, I guess. A recent example was in the post about Kim Pegula showing up at training camp. It is what it is, and it’s their ballgame, so they can censor whatever they want to. 

If you can’t recognize that about 90% of the posts in here are all “Bills players, coaches, and management can do no wrong”,  you have cognitive dissonance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The victim personality is growing stronger with him because most people now know he’s full of ***** about his “superior intelligence.”  

it's very cute how some are trying to justify their insane reactions to initial renderings...like there's a double standard.  not a single person blindly accepted anything.  well...i've accepted there won't be a dome, but i'm looking forward to see what they done or haven't done before making decision about how it feel.  we have posters like @Jrb1979 who doesn't like the new stadium because there won't be enough for his 5 year old to do.  when i asked him what the stadium is missing for him and his kid, he couldn't answer.  why?  because he had no idea what was even going to be in the new stadium.  not a clue, but it didn't stop the complaints.

i think the "superior intelligence" thing is over.  they guy spent, "hours" mathematically trying to prove a point, failed and fell right on his face.  we didn't hear too much about his iq after that.

8 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

No, Einstein is absolutely correct. I’ve even had posts deleted in here and/or given warnings for simply not going along with the rose-colored glasses groupthink. I violated no written rules from the TOS, but just “rubbed someone the wrong way”, I guess. A recent example was in the post about Kim Pegula showing up at training camp. It is what it is, and it’s their ballgame, so they can censor whatever they want to. 

If you can’t recognize that about 90% of the posts in here are all “Bills players, coaches, and management can do no wrong”,  you have cognitive dissonance.

oh stop it.  you had posts deleted likely because they were obnoxious.  i've had post deleted about that stadium as well.  i was making fun of the adult tantrums, and the posts were removed.  it wasn't because i wasn't a part of group think, it was because my post did nothing but annoy others and add nothing to the thread.  it's amazing that some of us can realize that, and others play the victim.

you're not the victim.  chances are those post just sucked.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

it's very cute how some are trying to justify their insane reactions to initial renderings...like there's a double standard.  not a single person blindly accepted anything.  well...i've accepted there won't be a dome, but i'm looking forward to see what they done or haven't done before making decision about how it feel.  we have posters like @Jrb1979 who doesn't like the new stadium because there won't be enough for his 5 year old to do.  when i asked him what the stadium is missing for him and his kid, he couldn't answer.  why?  because he had no idea what was even going to be in the new stadium.  not a clue, but it didn't stop the complaints.

i think the "superior intelligence" thing is over.  they guy spent, "hours" mathematically trying to prove a point, failed and fell right on his face.  we didn't hear too much about his iq after that.

I'm gonna jump in and defend @Einstein here.   I for one enjoy his perspective on things even if I don't always agree with them.  Nothing wrong with skepticism or different points of view.   Living in an echo chamber of blind optimism isn't very healthy either as it will often lead to being let down.   These forums wouldn't be that interesting or fun if we didn't have things to debate.  

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Lost said:

I'm gonna jump in and defend @Einstein here.   I for one enjoy his perspective on things even if I don't always agree with them.  Nothing wrong with skepticism or different points of view.   Living in an echo chamber of blind optimism isn't very healthy either as it will often lead to being let down.   These forums wouldn't be that interesting or fun if we didn't have things to debate.  

i love einstein.  i've said it multiple times over the last few days.  i think the board is way more colorful with posters like him on here. i just don't buy into the fact that he gets ***** on only because of the opinions of his posting.  he's been condescending and down right insulting to other posters.  when he gets it back in return, he cries foul and plays the victim.  he's the kid in high school that always claimed to be bullied, but completely brought it on himself. that being said, i like it that he's here, and he knows that.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

IMG_1816.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

No Bob, it's because of your posts like this.  You're not a victim.

On 7/30/2023 at 4:29 PM, Bob Jones said:

This is the text I found odd: “No way in hell they’re going to let people see her or make her available.” If she was willing to go out IN PUBLIC, and apparently it was known that she was there, why not let people see her? I mean, I guess if somebody had binoculars, and was at the proper angle to her vehicle, they could have gotten a look at her. Going by drummernut74’s take, why didn’t they just hide the fact that she was there?

The whole situation with her, from the day she just disappeared from the scene, has been handled really badly, IMHO. And all under the guise of “give her privacy.” Presidents of billion dollar organizations are normally not given that luxury.

Edit to Add: Had she NOT been President of the Bills, then I would agree that it would have been “nobody’s business”, as she would have just been a spouse of the owner, but…she was President of a billion dollar organization, very visible in the organization, and then poof, she’s gone for 6 months before anybody knows what happened. It was just very strange and perplexing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Lost said:

There is nothing wrong with skepticism but then there's over the top skepticism.  It's more of the way he presents himself on here.

Arrogant, know it all poster is dealt with negative feedback is a surprise? 

"I could run circles around you intellectually"

"I'm a superior intelligence"

"I'm significantly smarter than you"

"People can only dream at the levels I've reached"

"Let the lemmings have their day"

When an adult talks like a 14 year old teen with incredibly high insecurity and a chip on his shoulder, replies to him aren't going to be kind.

11 hours ago, mrags said:

I can confirm from my experience of driving by the stadium that you are in prefect on many of your arguments. Just because you see in the video there’s one excavator and one truck doesn’t make it so. They have a lot of them on site. I’ve personally driven down southwestern and witnessed a half a dozen trucks full of earth in the matter of 1 minute exiting the stadium lot for the ECC campus. 

they also IMO seem to be moving rather quickly. The hike in the ground is massive. Absolutely massive. Looks to be about 30ft deep and I’d say it’s about 100x200 yards.  The video clips you are seeing don’t show it but I think they are very far along. 

I’ve been there at least 6-8 times since they broke ground. There really is some significant progress imo. 

Just curious what happened if you already paid your 10k PSL. Did they refund you 5k at a later time?

I paid mine over 15 years and the Jets charged interest as well. Imagine that interest on a PSL fee. As far as people who paid in one shot, I would imagine they got a refund.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Lost said:

Amen

39 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

No, Einstein is absolutely correct. I’ve even had posts deleted in here and/or given warnings for simply not going along with the rose-colored glasses groupthink. I violated no written rules from the TOS, but just “rubbed someone the wrong way”, I guess.

Yep. Same here. The excuse I have received is that mods are tired of having to get notified that a post of mine was “reported”.

1) Who in their right mind is so insecure that they are reporting people who have a different opinion than them, on the internet!?

2) All you need is enough people not liking your opinion (and therefore clicking the ‘report’ button), to get a mod annoyed enough to warn a poster. If I was the mod, I would be warning the poster who consistently keeps hitting the report button for non-TOS issues. When you can essentially silence people with opposing viewpoints by clicking a button. That’s a very broken system.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Yeah.  There were a lot of strange posts concerning Kim showing up to camp.  Another poster had a tirade about how it was all a set up and not to believe what you see in tv.  It was quickly deleted. 

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yep. Same here. The excuse I have received is that mods are tired of having to get notified that a post of mine was “reported”.

1) Who in their right mind is so insecure that they are reporting people who have a different opinion than them, on the internet!?

2) All you need is enough people not liking your opinion (and therefore clicking the ‘report’ button), to get a mod annoyed enough to warn a poster. If I was the mod, I would be warning the poster who consistently keeps hitting the report button for non-TOS issues. When you can essentially silence people with opposing viewpoints by clicking a button. That’s a very broken system.

It’s not your opinion.  It’s how you decided to treat people.  It’s amazing how some posters completely lack self awareness.  

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Thanks for reaffirming my point. NOTHING about that post is pejorative, or mean, or degrading, or in violation of the TOS. It’s just a different opinion than the groupthink.

Also, I have never claimed to be a “victim”, and never will, and it’s laughable when somebody spews that out. I’m just telling you the facts of the matter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Thanks for reaffirming my point. NOTHING about that post is pejorative, or mean, or degrading, or in violation of the TOS. It’s just a different opinion than the groupthink.

Also, I have never claimed to be a “victim”, and never will, and it’s laughable when somebody spews that out. I’m just telling you the facts of the matter.

I didn't say your post was pejorative, mean or degrading or a violation.

Your opinion of Pegula handled the Kim situation badly is a bad opinion.  You are not in place to tell how a family should handle a family tragic event.

You're hiding behind the "groupthink" is playing the victim.  

17 minutes ago, teef said:

Yeah.  There were a lot of strange posts concerning Kim showing up to camp.  Another poster had a tirade about how it was all a set up and not to believe what you see in tv.  It was quickly deleted. 

It’s not your opinion.  It’s how you decided to treat people.  It’s amazing how some posters completely lack self awareness.  

The guy who posted his tax returns and drops hints on his "intelligence" and "success" is calling out others for insecurity.

Holy *****.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1