Rumor: Derrick Henry to the eagles???

Alphadawg7

• Alphadawg7 changed the title to Rumor: Derrick Henry to the eagles???
1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Robinson making it into the Bills range would be more likely 

True, but it wouldn't rule out the Titans taking Bijan at 11.  

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

just give them the Lombardi if true

Henry would be a scary addition to that offense, but they lost some other pieces this year too that were significant players for them last year. 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

they should take a QB haha

Depends on if they like any of the QB's available to them and if they feel Malik can still develop too.  If I was to make a wager then I would probably place it on them taking an offensive lineman at 11.  But, I was only saying Bijan would potentially be an option at 11 if they traded Henry before the draft just based on the style of offense they play.  

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, stuvian said:

just give them the Lombardi if true

Yeah, makes sense.  "Just give it to 'em"

Brilliant 👏 

Awesome

Great

Good thinking

46 minutes ago, MJS said:

Huh? They will be lucky to win a playoff game.

You're talking about the Bills I hope, and not the Eagles?

13 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yeah, makes sense.  "Just give it to 'em"

Brilliant 👏 

Awesome

Great

Good thinking

You're talking about the Bills I hope, and not the Eagles?

Talking about the Titans.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So was their pass rush.  Until the Super Bowl.  

Playing against an elite QB does those things to teams.

Off topic, but I think the field is actually what disrupted the Eagles pass rush. They were constantly slipping on their get off. A couple reps Hasaan Reddick was pancaked by Andrew Wylie which is a sign that something else was going on.

The Bills improved pass rush was a major disruption against the Chiefs in week 6 (9 QB hits, 3 sacks), before a string of injuries made our pass rush an even lesser version of the 2021 pass rush. So I still believe an elite pass rush can disrupt an elite offense, the same as it's always been. The Eagles just got unlucky with the field conditions.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Off topic, but I think the field is actually what disrupted the Eagles pass rush. They were constantly slipping on their get off. A couple reps Hasaan Reddick was pancaked by Andrew Wylie which is a sign that something else was going on.

The Bills improved pass rush was a major disruption against the Chiefs in week 6 (9 QB hits, 3 sacks), before a string of injuries made our pass rush an even lesser version of the 2021 pass rush. So I still believe an elite pass rush can disrupt an elite offense, the same as it's always been. The Eagles just got unlucky with the field conditions.

That field was an embarrassment. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Meh.....in today's NFL sacks are largely a QB stat.

If you were expecting the Eagles to maintain their 3.5 sack per game regular season pace against Patrick Mahomes then you were going to be disappointed.

Mahomes was sacked just 3 times in the biggest jail-break SB game we've ever seen against Tampa when he was playing with a line of backups.

The bottom line is that the weakness of the "balanced attack" teams are teams that can throw the ball every down and be effective.   Even when they DON'T.   The threat of getting speed-boated changes how they have to play.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mahomes was sacked just 3 times in the biggest jail-break SB game we've ever seen against Tampa when he was playing with a line of backups.

Yeah he was only sacked 3 times, but he was running for his life on almost every play which made the offense completely non-functional.

Sacks may be a QB number, but elite pass rush is going to **** up the offensive game plan no matter who the QB is. Bills/Jags from 2021 was the same story.

The Eagles had an elite pass rush but were almost totally stonewalled, even though Mahomes had a high ankle sprain and wasn't as mobile as usual. Part of it was the Chiefs OL but mostly the field conditions made it an unfair fight.

No doubt in my mind if Super Bowl XLII had been played on that field, the Patriots would have an undefeated season to their name.

My point is that pass rush isn't suddenly a non-factor in the NFL just because of one data point from a game that was played in uncommonly bad field conditions. It's still arguably the second most valuable factor in any game. Too many people are pointing to that game and saying "see, this proves defense and/or pass rush doesn't matter" which is a ridiculous conclusion for a number of reasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah he was only sacked 3 times, but he was running for his life on almost every play which made the offense completely non-functional.

Sacks may be a QB number, but elite pass rush is going to **** up the offensive game plan no matter who the QB is. Bills/Jags from 2021 was the same story.

The Eagles had an elite pass rush but were almost totally stonewalled, even though Mahomes had a high ankle sprain and wasn't as mobile as usual. Part of it was the Chiefs OL but mostly the field conditions made it an unfair fight.

No doubt in my mind if Super Bowl XLII had been played on that field, the Patriots would have an undefeated season to their name.

My point is that pass rush isn't suddenly a non-factor in the NFL just because of one data point from a game that was played in uncommonly bad field conditions. It's still arguably the second most valuable factor in any game. Too many people are pointing to that game and saying "see, this proves defense and/or pass rush doesn't matter" which is a ridiculous conclusion for a number of reasons.

Oh I value pass rush.  Pass rush is great..........if you can get it.    Which is the point.   Elite QB's with good support around them usually don't allow elite pass rushes to have their normal impact.   If anything the Chiefs OL in that Tampa game and the Bengals OL in that LA Rams SB loss were exceptional circumstances.    Terrible OL's usually aren't on the field in the SB.   You could easily not see an OL as bad as either of those in a SB for the next 10-20 years.

As for SB XLII..........that was ages ago and well before the major rules changes of 2010 that had greatly re-shaped the entire game by the mid-2010's.

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I had never seen the chart in that tweet before. That is INSANE!   😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Depends on if they like any of the QB's available to them and if they feel Malik can still develop too.  If I was to make a wager then I would probably place it on them taking an offensive lineman at 11.  But, I was only saying Bijan would potentially be an option at 11 if they traded Henry before the draft just based on the style of offense they play.  

I agree but if they are moving to rebuilting mode they might trade down some from 11 & then add some OL.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They would be crazy to trade for Henry. 

They have two first round picks. 

They are at 10 and if the predicted run on QBs happens they can be looking at a top 5 defender or OT at 10. Better yet they can trade down 5 spots get another 1st rounder next year and still get Robinson. 

If Tennessee is just dumping salary,  it may take a later round pick to get Henry, and they keep their higher picks.  No way they would have to trade a 1st for him. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If you were expecting the Eagles to maintain their 3.5 sack per game regular season pace against Patrick Mahomes then you were going to be disappointed.

The bottom line is that the weakness of the "balanced attack" teams are teams that can throw the ball every down and be effective.   Even when they DON'T.   The threat of getting speed-boated changes how they have to play.

Don’t discount the field conditions in the SB. They were ridiculous.

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

100 percent. Excellent post.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Agree about some of this...but...

The field condition absolutely hampered the Eagles speed rush.  Bad field conditions/footing will tend to favor an offense, if they're capable of a quick or intermediate passing game (which KC can obviously do it all).

I'm still in the camp that we're not getting to the SB until we have a consistent/disruptive DL, but in general, much better in the trenches.

I'd love another WR this draft, but if the Cincy (and prior KC playoff) loss showed us anything, it was we're not good enough on either line.

I know everyone wants a new #2 WR, but I'm hapoy of this draft focuses on the trenches rds 1&2, then gets us a Wr and MLB.  Can't fill every hole this offseason, but Beane has to hit on the top 2 picks.  I'm fine if our MLB position is a rotation of sorts, and McD gets more creative with dime looks.

• Like (+1) 2

Henry to the Eagles would certainly make them a shoe in for the NFC championship if they can keep up their pace from last year. I still want to see Hurts dominate for one more year until I’m true believer. I think Henry is well worth their 30th overall pick. The Eagles have the O-Line to get the most out of him. This would make me terrified if I was a Cowboys or Giants fan. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.