Kiper and McShay mock draft ???????????????????

BeastMode54

3 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

I don't take their word as gospel, but I do enjoy looking through as many mock drafts as possible. I don't pay for ESPN+. Does anyone know who they had us taking in their newest 3 round mock drafts?

what does your heart tell you?

and keep in mind, it's Kuiper and McShay, who are experts

15 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

I don't take their word as gospel, but I do enjoy looking through as many mock drafts as possible. I don't pay for ESPN+. Does anyone know who they had us taking in their newest 3 round mock drafts?

I need ESPN+ for the Sabres. I got it free this year with a new Verizon account.

It looks like they alternate picks and all of Buffalo picks fell to Kiper:

27. Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson
59. Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
91. Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He even admits that Simpson had a second round grade and he drafted for “need”

And I feel like Beane has done this in Round 1 every year.  Minus the Diggs trade and even then he went DE in RD 2 with our first pick.  A need then.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He even admits that Simpson had a second round grade and he drafted for “need”

I think with Klein back, they're going to wait til day 3 to draft a LB, if they do at all. Just spent a 3rd on Benard, let him, Dodson and Klein battle it out. Playing next to a stud like Milano can only help

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I need ESPN+ for the Sabres. I got it free this year with a new Verizon account.

It looks like they alternate picks and all of Buffalo picks fell to Kiper:

27. Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson
59. Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
91. Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M

Every time I tried to watch them on there it was blacked out. 

6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Are you local to Buffalo?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the details from the ESPN mock. Kiper made all of our picks (which surprisingly I'd prefer). I'd be pretty happy if it went this way, I think. Need to go back and look at who else is available at 27. But Johnson in the 3rd seems like a huge steal.

27. Buffalo Bills

Kiper's pick: Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson

I'm breaking my rules a little bit because I don't have a first-round grade on Simpson. The Bills just don't have many starting spots open, but they need a replacement inside for Tremaine Edmunds, who signed with the Bears. Simpson could fill that need; he has the coverage traits to play on third downs.

59. Buffalo Bills

Kiper's pick: Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina

This is another fit I had in my two-round mock draft. Downs could fill a role as Buffalo's slot receiver. He is extremely quick.

91. Buffalo Bills

Kiper's pick: Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M

I'm surprised Johnson is still on the board. What are we doing, Todd? This is a great pick for Buffalo. Johnson played a ton of nickel corner for the Aggies, and he piled up tackles for them. For the Bills, this is a pick to get some help for their aging safeties.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Predicting a team will go need with their bottom of the 1st round pick is the easy move.  

Then again, it's McBeane and they're not all that imaginative so maybe not far off using that pick for need.  They've used plenty of 2nd round picks in that way.  

And, their board amazingly lands on a defender more often than not although grades don't indicate the talent is there for 30 first round picks. 

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

27. Buffalo Bills

I'm breaking my rules a little bit because I don't have a first-round grade on Simpson. The Bills just don't have many starting spots open, but they need a replacement inside for Tremaine Edmunds, who signed with the Bears. Simpson could fill that need; he has the coverage traits to play on third downs.

59. Buffalo Bills

This is another fit I had in my two-round mock draft. Downs could fill a role as Buffalo's slot receiver. He is extremely quick.

91. Buffalo Bills

I'm surprised Johnson is still on the board. What are we doing, Todd? This is a great pick for Buffalo. Johnson played a ton of nickel corner for the Aggies, and he piled up tackles for them. For the Bills, this is a pick to get some help for their aging safeties.

I don't like any of these picks. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Simon changed the title to Kiper and McShay mock draft ???????????????????
6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I live in Tampa and the only ones blacked out for me are the Lightning games, home and away.

I actually like it because I get the Sabres broadcast unless it's a NHL network or specifically designated ESPN+ game.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the details from the ESPN mock. Kiper made all of our picks (which surprisingly I'd prefer). I'd be pretty happy if it went this way, I think. Need to go back and look at who else is available at 27. But Johnson in the 3rd seems like a huge steal.

27. Buffalo Bills

59. Buffalo Bills

91. Buffalo Bills

I don't hate these picks, but I don't love them either.  I really don't see Downs falling to the end of the second.

Johnson in the 3rd would be great though I'd be surprised he's still on the board there too.

Picking late round really sucks.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, bearcat said:

27: Trenton Simpson 

59: Josh Downs

91: Antonio Johnson 

Campbell went 65 and Cedric Tillman went 66

Thanks.  Can you tell me when Addison, Q Johnston, and D Washington went.  And what were the 3-4 picks after us (the top alternatives).  I find it hard to get excited about T Simpson, yes there is a spot for him but it is kind of blah.  Much rather get something more offensive and take J Campbell in the second.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Thanks.  Can you tell me when Addison, Q Johnston, and D Washington went.  And what were the 3-4 picks after us (the top alternatives).  I find it hard to get excited about T Simpson, yes there is a spot for him but it is kind of blah.  Much rather get something more offensive and take J Campbell in the second.

Addison, 21 to the Chargers

Q Johnston, 26 to Cowboys

D Washington, 41 to Titans.

3 picks after us:

28. Cincinnati Bengals

McShay's pick: Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State

29. New Orleans Saints (from SF/MIA/DEN)

Kiper's pick: Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson

30. Philadelphia Eagles

McShay's pick: Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson

There's a run on OC/OG between our 27 and 59 picks, with Torrence, Avila, Tippman, and Schmitz all going in the 2nd.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

So we pass on Jack Campbell, to take Downs.

1494030192-kanye.gif?crop=1xw:0.83919597

We picked Simpson at 27. Why would we pick another LB in the 2nd?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

27. Buffalo Bills

59. Buffalo Bills

91. Buffalo Bills

Johnson won’t be on the board by 91. He probably doesn’t get out of the top 45 unless he runs someone over between now and draft night. Terrible work outta McShay tbh.

1 minute ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

What's up with all the question marks in the subject lines? Second post today with about a hundred of them. Seems excessive. 

There are only 19 question marks in this topic's subject line. That seems totally reasonable to me.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Johnson won’t be on the board by 91. He probably doesn’t get out of the top 45 unless he runs someone over between now and draft night. Terrible work outta McShay tbh.

Just wishful thinking really.  Same with Downs at 59.  If either of them are still on the board at those times, they'd be great value picks. Johnson still there would be shocking really.

Downs should be off the board mid-second.  

Edited by Billz4ever

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Par for the course with McShay. I like that Kiper even calls him out on it in the blurb on Johnson 🤣

"What are we doing , Todd?" 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

Some players that won’t be correct.

Just put any player in there. Even randomly. 

That’s what so great about mock drafts. Nothing. Nothing at all. It’s all just words and names.

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

3 picks after us:

28. Cincinnati Bengals

30. Philadelphia Eagles

There's a run on OC/OG between our 27 and 59 picks, with Torrence, Avila, Tippman, and Schmitz all going in the 2nd.

I think this is why we wait on LB.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

And I feel like Beane has done this in Round 1 every year.  Minus the Diggs trade and even then he went DE in RD 2 with our first pick.  A need then.  

If you've filled every obvious hole prior to the draft, you can claim you went BPA even if you cheated a few spots on your own board.  We'll never know.

20 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Good point. 

Now 22, that would be excessive. 

It seems to be contagious, though!  That concerns me a bit. It could turn into a full blown ???????????Arms Race! 

In this case they went for a coverage LB (makes sense I guess), a 5’9” slot receiver who is more quick than fast (4.48 in the 40), and a guy who won’t be there (nice trick if you can pull it off). I’ll trust Beane over Kiper and McShay all day long, though my biggest question mark is our scouting and drafting. This is the year to hit on some studs! 

Edited by Augie

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

3 picks after us:

28. Cincinnati Bengals

30. Philadelphia Eagles

Simpson ahead of Myles murphy seems like a mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Why would they take Simpson at #27 when Campbell is available well into the 2nd?

It's well known that Beane is a sorcerer of sorts, he would be able to see into his crystal ball, I assume he would not take Simpson and, as you a say pick Campbell as many arm chair GMs feel he should do. What a steal it would be at that point in the draft, right? You beer drinking mustachioed dudes and un-mustachioed (or maybe mustachioed if that's your thing) dudettes that have just fallen in love with that Campbell? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.