McKenzie Signing With The Colts

Búfalo Blanco

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think when he's healthy, Harty has the potential to be a  better, more dynamic player than McKenzie ever was.  I think he's better at tracking the ball deep, has a better release, may even run better routes.

But

I think everyone ought to be concerned about using "Harty" and "the best ability is Availability" in the same sentence.

You are right about Harty… he’s more than a gadget guy and runs good routes.  His biggest challenge might be staying healthy.

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Pretty sad this worthless bum couldn't even make the Colts roster. I'm sure some fans here still actually believe he's a legit NFL player.

As soon as they drafted Josh Downs fairly early, I thought it was going to be a battle for him to stay on the roster 

36 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Pretty sad this worthless bum couldn't even make the Colts roster. I'm sure some fans here still actually believe he's a legit NFL player.

I bet Mahomes could turn him into Jerry Rice simply by farting on his Cheerios 

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I have to think they will bring him back on PS.  That's crazy if he couldn't crack that roster.  They seemed to feature him early in PS games

Colts were one of the first teams to announce their complete practice squad

They have 3 WR on it (Amari Rodgers, Mike Strachan, Juwann Winfree)

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

They just resigned Lil dirty.

Why can't we as a fan base wish the best for former Bills players like Edmunds or Lil Dirty ?

What is the character flaw within us that has to see them fail only to make ourselves feel better ?

Aren't we better than that ?

No.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

If it makes you feel any better, few believe you’re a legit poster…

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Hahahah I think this is hilarious. The dude has no hands whatsoever and is all goofing around without on field substance . 

His personality kept him on the Bills longer than he should have been 

Whoopsie daisy

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Hahahah I think this is hilarious. The dude has no hands whatsoever and is all goofing around without on field substance . 

I don’t understand ‘no hands’. He dropped passes on par with league average. He was inconsistent and not a great route runner, but I disagree with both your points. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The colts do.... 

Signed him back

I’ve said it before and don’t mind saying it again.  

It doesn’t bother me that the Bills moved on for a higher ceiling/lower floor player like Harty.  McKenzie got his shot at slot WR and it didn’t work out.  I cross my fingers and heart that Harty is an improvement on the gadget role and Kincaid owns the middle.  

But when you got a 170, 5’7” player who sticks on an NFL roster 6 years and now going into his 7th, most of the crap talked about him here logically can’t be true.  Winning teams can’t afford to carry a total trash player.  Give a high draft pick physical specimen patience to develop sure.  

Carry a waiver wire pickup as useless as folks claim about McKenzie, Nope

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I’ve said it before and don’t mind saying it again.  

It doesn’t bother me that the Bills moved on for a higher ceiling/lower floor player like Harty.  McKenzie got his shot at slot WR and it didn’t work out.  I cross my fingers and heart that Harty is an improvement on the gadget role and Kincaid owns the middle.  

But when you got a 170, 5’7” player who sticks on an NFL roster 6 years and now going into his 7th, most of the crap talked about him here logically can’t be true.  Winning teams can’t afford to carry a total trash player.  Give a high draft pick physical specimen patience to develop sure.  

Carry a waiver wire pickup as useless as folks claim about McKenzie, Nope

He certainly is a niche player in a league that's looking for versatile players

He's not the highest end of versatility but he's also not the lowest

• Like (+1) 1

I still remember most this board arguing with me last preseason when I said McKenzie wasn’t good enough to start or to be anything more than a gadget or role player.  Everyone kept bringing up his 1 game vs Pats as proof he was the heir to Coles slot throne while ignoring the other 5 years worth of evidence.

So…I told you so 😂😜🤪

• Eyeroll 1

Good to see the McKittrick hate alive and well at TBD.  No good at football?  Useless bum?  He had 97 first downs, 2900 yards total offense, 17 TDs in his time here.  I'll never understand the hate for a guy that made a lot of plays while he was here.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I still remember most this board arguing with me last preseason when I said McKenzie wasn’t good enough to start or to be anything more than a gadget or role player.  Everyone kept bringing up his 1 game vs Pats as proof he was the heir to Coles slot throne while ignoring the other 5 years worth of evidence.

So…I told you so 😂😜🤪

As someone who had hopes for McKenzie being ready to take a step, I have to tell you that “everyone” doesn’t mean what you appear to think it means.  

There were a lot of people here expressing concern on that point and that Beane had not done enough at receiver

Edited by Beck Water

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

As someone who had hopes for McKenzie being ready to take a step, I have to tell you that “everyone” doesn’t mean what you appear to think it means.  

There were a lot of people here expressing concern on that point and that Beane had not done enough at receiver

Of course everyone doesn't mean literally everyone, I mean there were people who agreed McKenzie wasn't any good as a significant contributor.  But I will say the majority pushed back and I took flack and a bunch of insults for claiming that McKenzie wasn't gonna be much better than he had been in the past and was not good enough before the season started last year. 

So I was more jesting in the "I told you so" comment here, but it was one of those kidding, but not totally kidding type comments ha.  I still like McKenzie and his personality, so hope the Colts bring him back or he can find another home if not.  But, not a fan of him being relied on in any kind of heavy use role, he just isn't good enough in that capacity.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, DJB said:

I actually think the opposite.  While I liked and he did things none other could do his attitude and personality made it more difficult for Bills.

Often he did not seem to take things seriously with concentration issues. I wish he could have been like Gabe Davis and Khalil Shakir working on his craft during the offseason. It made it more difficult for coaching staff.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So…I told you so 😂😜🤪

Not "everyone" was sold on Lil Dirty being a legit starter.  I was actually hoping Crowder would be the slot guy.  Despite the Pats game, I had some doubts about McKenzie.  And about Dorsey's ability to use him correctly.  

Still, I really like McKenzie as a person and wish him the best.  And the Pats game was super fun to watch.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Not "everyone" was sold on Lil Dirty being a legit starter.  I was actually hoping Crowder would be the slot guy.  Despite the Pats game, I had some doubts about McKenzie.  And about Dorsey's ability to use him correctly.  

Still, I really like McKenzie as a person and wish him the best.  And the Pats game was super fun to watch.  

I still think crowder would have been a significant contributor if he stayed healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Yeah the everyone was referring to the ones defending McKenzie always bringing up that Pats game, there were plenty others who doubted him heading into the season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

I still think crowder would have been a significant contributor if he stayed healthy. 

I thought he was contributing before he broke his leg.

But FWIW the Giants cut him, and he's not on their practice squad (perhaps he's looking for another roster, who knows)

Beasley is on their practice squad

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

The vague complaints about the Bills not knowing "how to use McKenzie correctly" were always :rolleyes:.

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I actually think the opposite.  While I liked and he did things none other could do his attitude and personality made it more difficult for Bills.

Often he did not seem to take things seriously with concentration issues. I wish he could have been like Gabe Davis and Khalil Shakir working on his craft during the offseason. It made it more difficult for coaching staff.

I should have had “personality “ in quotations as I wasn’t a fan of how he behaved etc myself either. Then you add in just a simple poor football player and I wasn’t a fan whatsoever 

13 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Destin Adams is a Colts "beat writer" and "NFL Insider" for the Colts

I realize you’ve loved Lil Dummy for years and battled hard for him in spite of routinely poor play. But I have faith that as weeks turn into years and he’s never heard from again, you’ll eventually come around..

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I realize you’ve loved Lil Dummy for years and battled hard for him in spite of routinely poor play. But I have faith that as weeks turn into years and he’s never heard from again, you’ll eventually come around..

All Beck Water was saying there is McKenzie isn't a real cut. He is a Reid Ferguson, Taiwan Jones style "wait in the carpark" cut and re-sign. Nothing in that post was saying "he's great" just those people taking a victory lap when he was cut by the Colts were more premature than an 18 year old boy on prom night. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

He was resigned by the Colts.   How does that feel?

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The vague complaints about the Bills not knowing "how to use McKenzie correctly" were always :rolleyes:.

I get it.  McKenzie was never a high-end talent, and his failures are more his own than anyone else's.   

I never expected Lil Dirty to be a huge contributor as a gadget guy who could do end-arounds, bubble-screens etc.   But smart X-and-O guys can do wonderful things sometimes with guys who possess one-dimensional skill sets.  For example, look at the production Chan Gailey got out of CJ Spiller 2012-2013. 

McKenzie wasn't cut out to be Beasley's replacement.  But I do think Dorsey could have gotten a little more out of McKenzie's quickness than he did.

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

GET OFF MY LAWN, GRANDPA!!!

17 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So…I told you so 😂😜🤪

McKenzie had plenty of detractors, even from those who are generally optimistic about the team.

16 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'm retired & damn good at doing nothing.  

I’m also retired, and I can do nothing better than anyone, ask my wife, 😂

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I get it.  McKenzie was never a high-end talent, and his failures are more his own than anyone else's.   

I never expected Lil Dirty to be a huge contributor as a gadget guy who could do end-arounds, bubble-screens etc.   But smart X-and-O guys can do wonderful things sometimes with guys who possess one-dimensional skill sets.  For example, look at the production Chan Gailey got out of CJ Spiller 2012-2013. 

McKenzie wasn't cut out to be Beasley's replacement.  But I do think Dorsey could have gotten a little more out of McKenzie's quickness than he did.

I think this is inaccurate.  McKenzie is a high end talent in his own way. A very gifted gimmick player suited for 4th WR positions. He can make plays. 

The talent he has didn't equate to football and the style we played. That is what sucks. Maybe there was some mental levels to it, I don't know. 

I do remember being at the new England game he came out in and seeing him warmups. He was different than I'd ever seen him. I knew he was going to come out. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.