S. Diggs Restructures

Chaos

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I still don’t think Poyer is coming back. It will take a big chunk of ego to come back to the Bills on a discount vs another team 

What if Pegula agreed to pay his state taxes? Is that legal?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This one was certainly unexpected. Maybe they figure giving him some $$$ will help the rift

Nothing about a supposed "rift".

Diggs was getting paid the exact same amount of money over the next 10-12 months.  He just collects it now, as supposed to being weekly game checks...

To a rich guy like Stefon, that means little...sure he gets the "time value of money" (chance to invest), but let's not turn this into a story about some rumored rift.

This is a move to create cap space, plain and simple. If we gave him a raise/more money, I'd buy what you're selling...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I know I should be wishing on Offense, but I want to see CJ Gardner Johnson rocking a Bills uniform next year.  If we could get Wagner/David and Gardner Johnson, I feel like the D gets nastier and better, which would be a nice step.  Ideal world, we can go into the draft after a WR and OL help. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I know I should be wishing on Offense, but I want to see CJ Gardner Johnson rocking a Bills uniform next year.  If we could get Wagner/David and Gardner Johnson, I feel like the D gets nastier and better, which would be a nice step.  Ideal world, we can go into the draft after a WR and OL help. 

I don’t want to spend on defense, but Chauncey Gardner Johnson would be a welcome attitude on this defense. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I still don’t think Poyer is coming back. It will take a big chunk of ego to come back to the Bills on a discount vs another team 

Hopefully we move on from him. Obviously he has moved on from the Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Success said:

That got my attention.

This one might mean a slightly bigger FA move is coming.

I've been thinking OBJ all along because its something Von Miller wants. Takes care of upgrading 2WR. Helps Josh Allen and now Diggs can also benefit with OBJ on the field. Diggs wants a Championship at all cost.

Whatever is in the works, I love what these guys are doing to help the team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

Seems odd to do with a player who is disowning the Bills to go become member of Jerry Jones flock as some are claiming.

Bills are absorbing more of the cost to make him easier to trade?

scary thought

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Seems odd to do with a player who is disowning the Bills to go become member of Jerry Jones flock as some are claiming.

No, he was plenty easy to trade before based on his current contract, this makes him all the harder for the Bills to absorb the money to trade him as it accelerates what he would cost on our cap.  He’s now here for this year, bar none, no way around it.

Restructuring contracts means less money against the cap this year but more money against the cap in future years.  Financially, it's no big deal to Terry.  It comes out about the same for him either way.

But Beane now has more cap space this year at the cost of less cap space over the next five years.  So why is he giving up future cap space?  Who is he signing - or resigning - this year?   Seems like he's after someone and I'm guessing David.  

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well, the Bills are still the ones who decide to trade or not to trade. 

I would lean towards perhaps what you see in the media doesn't mean as much as you think.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Unless this changed his dead cap hits then a trade isn’t even a possibility

Not true, his dead cap IF CUT, would have been too big to swallow because you have to immediately pay his guaranteed money.  However, if traded, we are on the hook for his signing bonus, which was not huge, he could have been traded pretty easily, the guaranteed money would have followed the contract, the new team would have to take it on, which is still very decent for a top WR.  Doing this added 5.4M to what we would have to eat on Dead cap in a trade or cut, making it virtually impossible to move on from him.

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Restructuring contracts means less money against the cap this year but more money against the cap in future years.  Financially, it's no big deal to Terry.  It comes out about the same for him either way.

But Beane now has more cap space this year at the cost of less cap space over the next five years.  So why is he giving up future cap space?  Who is he signing - or resigning - this year?   Seems like he's after someone and I'm guessing David.  

Cap is going up in the future and contracts will come off as well.  You can kick the can down the road quite a while, eventually you have to push reset for a year, which is probably around 3 years out when they eat the Miller deal, probably part way with Diggs, and then slap an extension on Allen to reset that situation.  You are taking a shot to win in the next two to 3 years right now.  The Chefs got a SB win in their cap reset year, if you draft well and have a great QB anything can happen, we are going to need to crush some drafts to make it happen without pain.

8 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

No, he was plenty easy to trade before based on his current contract, this makes him all the harder for the Bills to absorb the money to trade him as it accelerates what he would cost on our cap.  He’s now here for this year, bar none, no way around it.

Given that he’s the second best player on the team (given that Miller is injured), him remaining on the Bills is a good thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.