Stefon Diggs - “I watched the game five times”

BillsFan619

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

do we really want to hear a seasoned vet telling the public "what am i looking at?  what's going on out there?" , after being treated to his yelling-at-the-QB for targets shtick?

A leader doesn't say those things out loud.  Remember when we were all treated with image of Diggs looking forlornly at the Chiefs trophy celebration after the Bills lost to KC the first time? He said it was "something I will never forget".  Notably, McClappy added his personal, trucker-cap ready catchphrase/logo:  “We obviously didn’t play our best game, but we’re going to learn from this experience.”  He's gonna need a bigger hat....

That was 2 years ago.  Who wants to hear all this again? 

I want Josh to be the Leader.

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I want Josh to be the Leader.

And well he should.
 But Diggs is calling them all out.
and yes he is correct. His method might be one of a passionate athlete as compared to a statesmen .
 We all lead with different efforts. But it is still leading
His work on the field allows him to speak up imo

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Are you under the impression that he isn't?

Not from Diggs comments
 Perhaps Dorsey has confused him as to what the his role should be ?
He was  and then he wasn't. He can be and has been.

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Which throw was it?

It was the throw that ended the drive right before Diggs' outburst. I believe it was either a corner or a post where Diggs was running towards the sideline and Allen threw it too far past him. This is off of memory, I don't have the heart to go back and find the exact play. I think right after the play we saw Allen make a little motion with his hand like he wanted Diggs to run the route a different way but I could be conflating two separate plays.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

And well he should.
 But Diggs is calling them all out.
and yes he is correct. His method might be one of a passionate athlete as compared to a statesmen .
 We all lead with different efforts. But it is still leading
His work on the field allows him to speak up imo

Not from Diggs comments
 Perhaps Dorsey has confused him as to what the his role should be ?
He was  and then he wasn't. He can be be and has been.

Imo Diggs' comments say more about him than Allen

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Is Josh training with Jordan Palmer again this off season?  

Chad Hall is gone , and I dont think the issues are Josh being Josh issues as much as getting plays that work for everyone down to the field .
Lotsa meditation for the Mc Dorsey group and Offense coaching this off season methinks :)

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Imo Diggs' comments say more about him than Allen

Fair enough.
Maybe i read too deep lol

6 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Spot on! If the playoff futility continues, Diggs frustration will grow. At some point, seeing his prime years passing him by, he'll ask for a trade.

can’t blame him.  Allen should also if this nonsense continues.  Eventually the players will say either keep the bum coaches (esp Frazier) or trade us. 

5 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Not a secret Beane has a lot of work to do, he has to make painful decisions, not sure if it’s possible but his decision making has to seriously improve. Does he have the guts to ignore McDermott and build this team to win it all instead of being regular season hero’s? Can his draft actually make a difference? Does he have the coaching in place to use his  draft picks and free agent acquisitions properly? Does Dorsey have what it takes to reign in Josh’s poor decision making and refusal to use the short game to control the clock and move the sticks? Does McDermott actually understand why his defense continuously underperforms in the playoffs? I don’t think a healthy squad is as far away as some think they are, but there are critical decisions and moves to made this offseason. The Chiefs have almost rebuilt their roster in a few seasons and as painful as some of the decisions looked on the surface, they have resulted in the team producing on the field. Is Beane smart enough to understand this and execute this? Yet to be seen, but with Frazier still here and his pathetic end of the year news conference, signs point to no….

I just feel frustrated with the Bills organization. I think you have to look at KC for a measuring stick. They traded away one off the best WRs in the league and have young defense. Yet, they haven't missed a beat. Buffalo meanwhile continues to fizzle out. The major difference is coaching and management not player talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

Diggs is absolutely right in his criticism. The Bills' offense regressed this year. That can be fixed.

What worries me more is the increasingly public split between Diggs and Allen. They don't seem to have each others' backs at all anymore. 

What has josh done to show you that he doesn't have diggs back anymore? 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

Diggs is absolutely right in his criticism. The Bills' offense regressed this year. That can be fixed.

What worries me more is the increasingly public split between Diggs and Allen. They don't seem to have each others' backs at all anymore. 

How can it be fixed? You have confidence that Dorsey will make the right calls, have a nice game plan, and make game time adjustments?

Will the Oline be better? Will the running backs play well? Will they establish a run game that makes the pass game better? Will they throw to the backs? 

Huge question marks at WR. Who steps up? 

Is it all on Allen again to produce? What kind of support does he get? 

Lots of questions on offense. 

Defense has equally a lot of question marks too.

This off season looks to be crucial. Is it likely a start of a regression or a reset to move forward and progress further? 

Hard for me to have a lot of trust in a Dorsey led O and a Fraizer led D. Just shaking my head in disbelief. 

Edited by newcam2012

18 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I think he knows the coaches don’t have it.  

His “it’s been 3 years” response to getting over the hump is pretty telling. 

He could have said “I trust the staff to get it right or where we need to be.”

I’m not going to defend him.  I’m not going to call this disruptive either or that he’s a problem.

I am going to say this staff was finished the second that 13 seconds happened.  

Ding ding ding. The players know their coaches aren’t elite

I think Diggs is basically fed up/frustrated whatever it may be. 

I just caught a quick minute of an interview where some lady was remarking to Diggs  on how it’s going to be your time soon and he replied they have been at it for 3 years now and while that’s all nice and stuff it’s time to figure it out. Wouldn’t it be great to have been part of the Mcd Diggs exit talk. 

it’s truly a shame we got hit so hard with injuries and circumstances this season and what could have been. 

Would it be surprising though that all that all of sudden we look like a team needing to restock the roster for another serious run In 2-3 years? 

I know we still have a good roster but Beane has admittedly said we probably are behind the Bengals, Chiefs right now and the Dolphins, Jags are coming up fast. Having Josh just isn’t enough clearly to win a Super Bowl. He needs more help and fast. 

It’s going to be an interesting off-season given the needs. 

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I think Diggs is basically fed up/frustrated whatever it may be. 

I just caught a quick minute of an interview where some lady was remarking to Diggs  on how it’s going to be your time soon and he replied they have been at it for 3 years now and while that’s all nice and stuff it’s time to figure it out. Wouldn’t it be great to have been part of the Mcd Diggs exit talk. 

it’s truly a shame we got hit so hard with injuries and circumstances this season and what could have been. 

Would it be surprising though that all that all of sudden we look like a team needing to restock the roster for another serious run In 2-3 years? 

I know we still have a good roster but Beane has admittedly said we probably are behind the Bengals, Chiefs right now and the Dolphins, Jags are coming up fast. Having Josh just isn’t enough clearly to win a Super Bowl. He needs more help and fast. 

It’s going to be an interesting off-season given the needs. 

If the Jets find themselves a real QB this offseason, you can throw them in there too.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Geez, I’m afraid to say anything negative or will be labeled as poisonous, but something definitely seems off with him and Josh.  These guys are professionals but still pretty young and in a league where every little thing can matter, not having QB1 and WR1 on same page could be troublesome. They are both amazing at what they do but it does seem like chemistry is off some.  Go Bills 

I love Diggs but I think his refusal to affirm the team is sending the message to Bean, McDermott, Dorsey, and Allen to get it together. No more excuses next year. He is obviously frustrated and losing patience. It’s typical grumpy WR behavior. Winning solves all problems. Those who are farthest from the center are the most vocal. 

2 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Geez, I’m afraid to say anything negative or will be labeled as poisonous, but something definitely seems off with him and Josh.  These guys are professionals but still pretty young and in a league where every little thing can matter, not having QB1 and WR1 on same page could be troublesome. They are both amazing at what they do but it does seem like chemistry is off some.  Go Bills 

His comments about a creative OC head coach were much more revealing.  

I’ve watched these interview replays all day. 

He’s no longer impressed with our staff - if there is a takeaway it’s that. 

Not that he thinks they aren’t good coaches or trash. 

But he probably feels you need an offensive OC to get this all right.

22 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I think he knows the coaches don’t have it.  

His “it’s been 3 years” response to getting over the hump is pretty telling. 

He could have said “I trust the staff to get it right or where we need to be.”

I’m not going to defend him.  I’m not going to call this disruptive either or that he’s a problem.

I am going to say this staff was finished the second that 13 seconds happened.  

Don't project your own insecurities onto him.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Don't project your own insecurities onto him.

Lol wut?  

We’ve all seen the same interviews. 

We all know how this team has finished every year since he’s been here.  

Now I’m giving you an analysis like everyone else that is paying attention to Diggs and what the hell they think he is thinking.  

None of it means he wants out.  None of it means he should be traded.  I’m not even sure it means we must fire McD or whoever.  

I’m telling you he’ll play.  He’ll ball out.  But deep down he thinks it’s probably over - the best opportunity to win is over.  And in my opinion he thinks the coaches blew it.  

Did he endorse the Dorsey hire?  Did he think Dorsey was a great idea in theory but the biggest concern for a newb would be the biggest moments in the biggest game?  Well, that happened. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

He just does not seem positive in any way about the team or the team's future and that was a weird statement about if the team sends him somewhere it wouldn't be KC.  Does that interviewer actually work for SI?  I don't usually comment about these kinds of things, but she was really bad.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Blah Blah said:

I have a feeling (3 and out) that Diggs is going to demand a trade. 

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/stefon-diggs-trade-rumors-brother-bills/

He can go the QB the Bills have made Gabe Davis look like Jerry Rice last year and Diggs wasn’t doing this in Minnesota. If he hates playing with Josh so much wait until he plays with Dakota Prescott. 

13 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

How can it be fixed? You have confidence that Dorsey will make the right calls, have a nice game plan, and make game time adjustments?

Will the Oline be better? Will the running backs play well? Will they establish a run game that makes the pass game better? Will they throw to the backs? 

Huge question marks at WR. Who steps up? 

Is it all on Allen again to produce? What kind of support does he get? 

Lots of questions on offense. 

Defense has equally a lot of question marks too.

This off season looks to be crucial. Is it likely a start of a regression or a reset to move forward and progress further? 

Hard for me to have a lot of trust in a Dorsey led O and a Fraizer led D. Just shaking my head in disbelief. 

My only thought here is Allen now is certainly getting paid enough to produce, and an improvement in our offense could simply be made with better play design and calling, plus Allen making better decisions. If we actually gave him a better line and another top weapon it would be crazy….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I can see the Bills being desperate and pulling an LA Rams by throwing all their chips in. 

Somehow Beane is going to work some magic by resigning Poyer for 1 year and Edmunds on a discount (see Milano) and we will get OBJ or some explosive receiver and some veteran O-lineman and then after we win the superbowl it’ll be a mini rebuild. Beane knows how to work the salary cap 

Edited by Bills!Win!

2 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I can see the Bills being desperate and pulling a LA Rams by throwing all their chips in. 

Somehow Beane is going to work some magic by resigning Poyer for 1 year and Edmunds on a discount (see Milano) and we will get OBJ or some explosive receiver and some veteran O-lineman and then after we win the superbowl it’ll be a mini rebuild. Beane knows how to work the salary cap 

I think what you’re talking about was this past 2022 season…except we didn’t win…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

My only thought here is Allen now is certainly getting paid enough to produce, and an improvement in our offense could simply be made with better play design and calling, plus Allen making better decisions. If we actually gave him a better line and another top weapon it would be crazy….

I agree. I'd ask why doesn't Allen have a better line and top weapons? 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/11/2023 at 7:34 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m fully aware of who else that slighted. Not taking anything away from Reed but Diggs is better.

Please explain why u think Diggs is better then Reed?  Do u realize Reed was #2 all time in Wr yards when he retired? He also was #1 in playoffs & Super Bowl until Rice beat him out in 95. He was one of the best ever at YAC & also one of the greatest blocking WRS in the history of the game.

Reed gave us some wonderful moments like the Oilers greatest comeback game with 3tds and nearly 150yds there was many more great games to many to keep track of. 

I still remember being in the crowd vs the Dolphin’s when broke there backs in the 4th quarter on Sunday night football scoring a 83yd TD what was the best thing about that TD he turned around at around the Dolphins 40yd line running backwards while mocking the Dolphins D!  

You can have your opinion I respect it but Diggs is nowhere near Andre Reed in the history of the Bills. 

16 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I'm sure he's probably aware of the dead cap hit we take if we do and that's why he also knows he's not going to be traded.

Seeing Diggs' extreme reaction to these last three gut-wrenching playoff losses, I'm worried that he becomes a malcontent. I know he's a professional but if he's unhappy it'll probably affect his play. I remember the Sabres' star Mogilny was unhappy with the team and he personally started tanking to force a trade.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Blah Blah said:

Seeing Diggs' extreme reaction to these last three gut-wrenching playoff losses, I'm worried that he becomes a malcontent. I know he's a professional but if he's unhappy it'll probably affect his play. I remember the Sabres' star Mogilny was unhappy with the team and he personally started tanking to force a trade.

Don't think we'd ever see that from Diggs.  He's too much of a competitor.  When he's on the field, his goal is to embarrass the DB across from him.  He loves the trash talk and when he's not getting the ball, he can't do that.  That's one of the reasons he was so upset in the Cincy game because Eli Apple was talking trash to him all game and Diggs couldn't shut him up because he wasn't getting the ball.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.